Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Quote from: LF on October 10, 2014, 11:57:19 AM
Brendan McCartney has resigned

Re-signed or resigned? Massive difference ;)

shaker

McCartney gone looks like Griffen will be staying I would say , at least Griffen had the courage to come out and say it was the coach that led him to want out

SydneyRox

Quote from: shaker on October 10, 2014, 11:59:41 AM
McCartney gone looks like Griffen will be staying I would say , at least Griffen had the courage to come out and say it was the coach that led him to want out

I think it really sends the wrong message to let him stay.

WCarey18

Hardly. If anything, it looks like they are still going to lose them both regardless of Maccas resignation!

Ricochet

Quote from: elephants on October 10, 2014, 11:58:25 AM
Quote from: LF on October 10, 2014, 11:57:19 AM
Brendan McCartney has resigned

Re-signed or resigned? Massive difference ;)
lol yeh was confused there too

So yeh he has resigned. Wonder if Griff stays now

Mat0369

Very very very bad move by the Dogs. Bomber won't go there either. McCartney is one of his former assistants and was loved and respected by the Geelong boys. That was one of the reasons Matty Scarlett, Cam Mooney, Ben Graham and Joel Corey were all working with the Dogs

shaker

Quote from: SydneyRox on October 10, 2014, 12:04:37 PM

I think it really sends the wrong message to let him stay.

Think that this shows the people in charge were not listening to what players were saying , think him leaving shows they want to keep there players

elephants

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 10, 2014, 12:10:57 PM
Very very very bad move by the Dogs. Bomber won't go there either. McCartney is one of his former assistants and was loved and respected by the Geelong boys. That was one of the reasons Matty Scarlett, Cam Mooney, Ben Graham and Joel Corey were all working with the Dogs

Couldn't agree more. The deal they were apparently being thrown for Griffen was mint. Should've taken it. No player is bigger than the club.

Nige

Ricochet

Clubs will always consider a playing group's opinion. There's nothing new here
Same thing happened at Adelaide this year

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on October 10, 2014, 12:30:39 PM
Which is pretty much why Hird is still in the job.

elephants

Fair point. But in this scenario, what are the Dogs thinking. Griffen has had one elite season, now recurring back issues has stopped him doing anything good this year. What they were being offered basically sets up their rebuild and gets rid of disgruntled older players that were just stifling the development of kids.

If I supported the Dogs, I'd be sooooo pissed right now.

Ricochet

Quote from: elephants on October 10, 2014, 12:39:11 PM

Fair point. But in this scenario, what are the Dogs thinking. Griffen has had one elite season, now recurring back issues has stopped him doing anything good this year. What they were being offered basically sets up their rebuild and gets rid of disgruntled older players that were just stifling the development of kids.

If I supported the Dogs, I'd be sooooo pissed right now.
Yeh big time man, if GWS are offering 4 and 7 or something with Boyd then Bullies would be stupid not to take it.

shaker

If they get rid of Griffen now it makes no sense losing the coach , agree a very bad day for the Doggies  :o

Noz

The board need to make a decision and get rid of Griff as well.

If he doesn't want to be at the club then fine let him go players can't control the club