Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jroo

Quote from: WCarey18 on October 09, 2014, 04:32:47 PM
From AFL site:

Reports surfacing the Joel Patfull to GWS trade is imminent. @AFL_mikewhiting has the story.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-09/lions-defender-joel-patfull-on-the-brink-of-gws-switch

Patfull for Pick 21 is the rumored deal.
And then that pick could be used to get Christo.

If lions can get Christo and Beams, without giving up Aish, Redden, Mayes and co., they're midfield is going to look very strong  :o

Jroo

Actually #21 could help get Beams.

Beams for 5, 21, 25 might have to do, for the Pies.

WCarey18

Quote from: JROO8 on October 09, 2014, 04:45:27 PM
Actually #21 could help get Beams.

Beams for 5, 21, 25 might have to do, for the Pies.

Reckon Brisbane would be focussed on using #21 to get Christensen more than throwing more picks to get Beams.

nrich102

$100 Griffen will end up at Sydney somehow :P

_wato

Quote from: nrich102 on October 09, 2014, 04:51:54 PM

I'll take you up on that bet, and I'll give you my bank details too 8)

_wato

I honestly think Christensen should be focusing on getting to Gold Coast through one of their first round picks and Brisbane should use that extra pick to get Beams.. Let's face it, Christensen isn't needed at Brisbane and Gold Coast do need him and would absolutely love him up there..

Dunno why Brisbane would go after Christensen as well as Beams, because they would end up with a plethora of midfielders and small forwards but no key forwards and no depth as key defenders hahahaha

WCarey18

$100 he ends at Hawthorn.  ::)

Nails

Quote from: _wato on October 09, 2014, 04:55:14 PM
I honestly think Christensen should be focusing on getting to Gold Coast through one of their first round picks and Brisbane should use that extra pick to get Beams.. Let's face it, Christensen isn't needed at Brisbane and Gold Coast do need him and would absolutely love him up there..

Dunno why Brisbane would go after Christensen as well as Beams, because they would end up with a plethora of midfielders and small forwards but no key forwards and no depth as key defenders hahahaha

Lions have a plethora of developing key forwards ATM :-X

Ringo

Tend to agree with you there Wato - Taylor, Zorko, Green and now Christensen all under 176cm is that too many smalls.

Question is will Pies accept 3 picks

henry

Quote from: WCarey18 on October 09, 2014, 04:57:09 PM

$100 he ends at Hawthorn.  ::)

We'd take him  :P. I rated him as one of the top 5 players in the comp last year. I was so surprised when I saw he wanted out, but he is older than I thought. Also, he may actually be trying to help his club by making sure they get adequate compensation by leaving this year rather than him leaving through FA next year and them possibly not doing as well.
I rate him extremely highly, I think he's pretty much worth picsk 4 and 7, if not then at least one of those picks and a player.

Justin Bieber

Sweetness

Apparently Jeremy Cameron flew into Adelaide an hour or so ago. There has been a rumor that the Crows have been trying to do a deal with GWS to bring Cameron to the club.

WCarey18

_wato

Quote from: Nails on October 09, 2014, 04:57:50 PM
Lions have a plethora of developing key forwards ATM :-X

You just hit the nail right on the head mate.. The importance of the word, 'developing' meaning they aren't ready yet, and for Brisbane if they were to make a second trade after Beams it shouldn't be after another small but a developed power forward who could slot straight in.

Maybe I could've been better in my wording, but that's what I was getting at ^^