Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: WCarey18 on October 08, 2014, 09:56:51 PM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on October 08, 2014, 09:06:44 PM
Quote from: Big  Mac on October 08, 2014, 09:03:38 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 08, 2014, 06:49:37 PM
http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-trade-news-radical-plan-discussed-to-get-paddy-ryder-to-port-adelaide-20141008-1137n5.html

this is interesting

How is that legal?

Because the AFL would rather put every other club down the order of the draft than see another showerstorm Essendon court case

The question I have...if Ryder does explore his get-out clause, and nullifies his contract, is he a un/restricted FA, or a delisted FA?

I was under the impression that if ANY Essendon player explored the clause and won they would be delisted FA...otherwise what becomes of Elliot Kavanagh if he walks? He cant be a restricted FA?

That's exactly why the AFL is offering these bullshower deals to Essendon/Port because they don't want it to happen

GoLions

Wouldn't mind if this is true. I'd be flowering pissed if we gave up a top player, definitely not worth a trade like that.

kilbluff1985

cool he will just screw them over and quit next year and they get nothing ::)

elephants

Quote from: GoLions on October 08, 2014, 11:17:42 PM

Wouldn't mind if this is true. I'd be flowering pissed if we gave up a top player, definitely not worth a trade like that.

Will make for very interesting viewing. If Beams is seriously legit about wanting to be close to his dad it would be interesting to see if he said fk u to Collingwood and headed North to play NEAFL... (Assuming he can break contract in this circumstance).

Its a pretty dog move to keep a player away from their cancer battling father. Maybe if Eddie funds weekly visits to Brissie each week...

Jay

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 08, 2014, 11:21:12 PM
Won't he be restricted next year? So Collingwood can just match any offer and keep him until he eventually becomes unrestricted...

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Jayman on October 08, 2014, 11:24:23 PM
Won't he be restricted next year? So Collingwood can just match any offer and keep him until he eventually becomes unrestricted...

he can just do a Tippett though cant he?

GoLions

I doubt the Pies would have the salary cap space to match what we offer him though, although who knows what can happen in a year

Mailman the 2nd

You know he could just not sign Collingwood's contract right?

strikes91

Collingwood getting out of hand. whats wrong with 5 and 25 for someone that wants out ?

Jay

Quote from: strikes91 on October 09, 2014, 12:04:39 AM
Collingwood getting out of hand. whats wrong with 5 and 25 for someone that wants out ?
Just playing hardball I presume, no point accepting it now... Wait until closer to the deadline and see if Brisbane up their offer.

Spite

Quote from: Jayman on October 09, 2014, 12:12:26 AM
Just playing hardball I presume, no point accepting it now... Wait until closer to the deadline and see if Brisbane up their offer.

Yeah exactly, wait until last minute to accept the two picks IF we have too.

Beams dad lives on the GC by the way for those that didn't know

Justin Bieber

I don't think people realise that Beams can just walk out on Collingwood next year. There is no matching deals shower. It's like getting delisted almost. You just got to the draft and get picked up. Greenwood could do it if he wants to screw North. But if he does, would be funny if everyone passed for him haha.

strikes91

Quote from: Jayman on October 09, 2014, 12:12:26 AM

If I was Brisbane's mob i'd be telling them 5 and 25 is available for the remaining period of time, hit us up when if/you want to

Mr.Craig

Pretty distasteful that AFL clubs can treat players like cattle.

GoLions