Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jroo

Quote from: Ricochet on October 06, 2014, 11:49:06 PM
Matt White on 500k a year?
More likely 500k over three years :P

Eski a good signing, Swans will probably only get a 2nd rounder for them, if they're lucky though.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: JROO8 on October 06, 2014, 11:55:39 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 06, 2014, 11:49:06 PM
Matt White on 500k a year?
More likely 500k over three years :P

Eski a good signing, Swans will probably only get a 2nd rounder for them, if they're lucky though.

167k a year? Seems a cheap haha

henry

Quote from: WCarey18 on October 06, 2014, 11:48:24 PM
IIRC, Matt White was offered a similar deal to go to Port (500k over 3 years). He's 3 years younger, yet the AFL gave Richmond pick 67 in return as compo.

Third round, otherwise this whole FA compo is a joke.

If you're saying he's on 500k a year, I'm calling bs lol, but I'm not sure that's what you're saying. :P

Does anyone else think it's weird that GC are offering a 3 year deal to a guy who is 30 with really dodgy knees? I certainly wouldn't be giving him a 3 year deal, I think that's bizarre. :o

_wato

All Australian half back, premiership player, coming off a fantastic year, and fills their needs in a proper half back who can sit behind the play and dictate terms for them so Mckenzie can take the tall with May/Thompson?

I don't find it weird it all, I find it very intelligent for them - added much experience and all they need now is another good quick small forward/mid and they should by continuing to unearth their depth. become a very challenging side in the not too distant future.

Mr.Craig

Quote from: henry on October 07, 2014, 12:33:59 AM
IIRC, Matt White was offered a similar deal to go to Port (500k over 3 years). He's 3 years younger, yet the AFL gave Richmond pick 67 in return as compo.

If you're saying he's on 500k a year, I'm calling bs lol, but I'm not sure that's what you're saying. :P

Does anyone else think it's weird that GC are offering a 3 year deal to a guy who is 30 with really dodgy knees? I certainly wouldn't be giving him a 3 year deal, I think that's bizarre. :o

I'd suggest there are probably clauses in the third year.

SydneyRox

Quote from: Mr.Craig on October 07, 2014, 12:48:44 AM

I'd suggest there are probably clauses in the third year.

not sure, reports are swans offered him 2 with a trigger for 3. He wanted a full three.

Hellopplz

Quote from: Ricochet on October 06, 2014, 07:08:08 PM
Essendon now asking for Hartlett in exchange for Ryder. Thats pretty fair imo
Quote from: Mat0369 on October 06, 2014, 08:08:49 PM
You guys are seriously underrating Hartlett. There is no way Port make that deal. And considering Essendon could very well walk away with nothing they should take the pick and shut the F up
It's a fair deal but given that Ryder could walk, no position to play hardball. As Boomz said though, can't give in straight away, but we're bound to accept #16 + youngish guy I'd imagine (Probably Butcher/Moore) for him as he could walk for free. Bombers should be realistic under the circumstances...

Other teams offered Eski 2 year deals, only way to get him over is 3 years and offers Suns experience. I'm sure they'll gamble that extra year with his injuries in order to actually have him play for the side! If nobody offered him 3 years, I'd imagine he'd have stayed a Swan. Simple for Suns, just offer him an extra year compared to other clubs in order to entice him to join the side.

kilbluff1985

nrich102

Just going to the better state  :P

Nige

Good move Eski.  8)

Doesn't look bad in a Suns guernsey either.  ;)

Nige

Rumours include...

Essendon demanding one of Hartlett, Wingard or Wines for Ryder.

Apparently the Lions and Pies have almost agreed to trade Redden + Pick 5 for Beams.

North interested in Varcoe, Crows interested in L.Jones.

Carlton might have to give up their first rounder for Jaksch and the Giants Pick 18 (or whatever it is, can't remember the exact number).

GoLions

Quote from: Nige on October 07, 2014, 09:37:12 AM
Apparently the Lions and Pies have almost agreed to trade Redden + Pick 5 for Beams.
Since when? I know the Magpies have asked for him, but haven't heard anything saying we'd even consider it.

Jay

Quote from: Nige on October 07, 2014, 09:37:12 AM
Crows interested in L.Jones.
Ohhh surely not. Because having Jenkins, Podsiadly and Lynch isn't already bad enough ::)

Ricochet

Varcoe is 50/50 to stay or go to the Eagles

Ricochet

CONFIRMED
Levi Greenwood has officially asked North Melbourne for a trade to Collingwood.