Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

yes we knew Saints were in the lead to get Membrey but he has also nominated them as his preferred club now

St Kilda list manager Ameet Bains has confirmed on trade radio that Sydney forward Tim Membrey has indicated he would like a trade to the saints.

LF

The players who have been nominated but had no bids placed on them will automatically join their clubs: Josh Clayton (Brisbane), Alec Waterman (West Coast), Jeremy Finlayson (GWS)

A recap... In the first round (understanding the picks will be adjusted), Isaac Heeney joins the Swans with pick 17, and Darcy Moore joins Collingwood at pick 8.

In the second round... Jack Steele joins the Giants at pick 23.

In the third round... Billy Stretch joins the Dees with pick 39

Liam Dawson will be the Lions' pick 41, and Harris Andrews joins the Lions at pick 61

Zaine Cordy joins the Bulldogs in the fourth round at pick 61.

Jack Hiscox joins the Swans in the second round at pick 36 and Abe Davis at pick 73.

Melbourne bid pick two on Isaac Heeney, to which Sydney matched with pick 17.
Western Bulldogs bid pick five on Darcy Moore, to which Collingwood matched with pick 8.
North bid pick 15 on Jack Steele, to which GWS matched with pick 23.
Adelaide bid pick 29 on Billy Stretch, to which Melbourne matched with pick 39.
Richmond bid pick 31 on Liam Dawson, to which Brisbane matched with pick 41.
Fremantle bid pick 32 on Jack Hiscox, to which Sydney matched with pick 36.
North Melbourne bid pick 34 on Harris Andrews, to which Brisbane matched with pick 60.
Fremantle bid pick 51 for Zaine Cordy, to which the Western Bulldogs matched with pick 61.
Geelong bid pick 70 on Abe Davis, to which the Swans matched with pick 73.

The remaining three players who didn't receive a bid - Josh Clayton (Brisbane), Alec Waterman (West Coast) and Jeremy Finlayson (GWS) - will join those clubs with their last selection.

*Please note these are the correct draft selections before free agency compensation picks are added to the draft, such as the Bulldogs' pick 26 for Shaun Higgins.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: LF on October 06, 2014, 10:20:29 AM
The players who have been nominated but had no bids placed on them will automatically join their clubs: Josh Clayton (Brisbane), Alec Waterman (West Coast), Jeremy Finlayson (GWS)

so those clubs just get 1 less pick in the draft i assume?

Toga

I assume it would be their last pick in the draft that they would have to use kb

Jroo

Quote from: Toga on October 06, 2014, 10:52:04 AM
I assume it would be their last pick in the draft that they would have to use kb
Yeah that's right, they just have to use their last pick.

Toga

So Frawley compensation pick will probably be announced today... What do people think Melbourne gets?

Ricochet

End of first round would be fair based on value.
Pick 3 would be fair if looking at equalisation.

If reports on what Higgins was offered were correct, I reckon Frawley will be end of first round.

kilbluff1985

i think pick 3 is fair enough might not be a popular opinion but he is there best key defender

i just think it's funny some people think Frawley is not best 22 @Hawks mainly on facebook not here

Ricochet

Yeh I don't think he's as great as people are making out to be. Wouldn't be a top 10 defender the comp
Good role player, but pick 3 is a win for Melb

Toga

Quote from: Ricochet on October 06, 2014, 11:03:35 AM

On face value, it probably is a win, but it still sets them back a few years in development

kilbluff1985

Yeh I don't think he's as great as people are making out to be. Wouldn't be a top 10 defender the comp

you never really know though he might flourish being in a good team wont be under so much pressure

Ricochet

Quote from: Toga on October 06, 2014, 11:05:02 AM

On face value, it probably is a win, but it still sets them back a few years in development
which tbh man would suit them. They have enough defenders to replace Frawley down back, and they have Hogan to come in and replace him up forward. Top 3 picks are huge and generally make an impact within a couple of years. Like if we look at the fairly current previous pick 3s
Billings
Plowman
Tyson
Day
DMartin
SHill
All apart from Plowman made an impact within the first 1-3 of years of their career

Toga

Yeah I'm not against what you're saying at all Rico and I think you're probably right as well! If they can pick up someone like Sam Frost to cover the loss of Frawls it could well turn into a win for Melbourne if they get pick 3 as well.

Will be interesting to see how the AFL will rule on it

Ricochet

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 06, 2014, 11:05:44 AM

you never really know though he might flourish being in a good team wont be under so much pressure
Yeh but if that's the case that would just suit Melb even more so though man. "Might" be a better player at Hawks but still just an OK player at Melb, they'd rather pick 3

Quote from: Toga on October 06, 2014, 11:18:26 AM
Yeah I'm not against what you're saying at all Rico and I think you're probably right as well! If they can pick up someone like Sam Frost to cover the loss of Frawls it could well turn into a win for Melbourne if they get pick 3 as well.

Will be interesting to see how the AFL will rule on it
Yeh agree mate. Tbh I don't think they'll get 3, but I hope they do.

nrich102

Lions Give: Pick 4 and Crisp
Lions Get: Beams

Collingwood Give: Beams
Collingwood Get: Dangerfield and GWS 3rd/4th round pick

Adelaide Give: Dangerfield
Adelaide Get: Giles and Pick 4

GWS Give: Giles and 3rd/4th round pick
GWS Get: Crisp

Could this trade fall through? GWS win the trade really, and Adelaide or Brisbane lose it.