Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

My Chumps

Man I hope Dangerfield ends up at the Dees  :o

stew42

Quote from: Ricochet on September 29, 2014, 06:40:27 PM
So the big talk the other day was that Pendles met with Danger the other day for a coffee... Looks like Pendles may be shutting that down lol

There are some REEEEEEALLY stupid rumours that Pendles might leave Collingwood. I want to smack them across the face!

GoLions

Quote from: stew42 on September 29, 2014, 07:52:22 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on September 29, 2014, 06:40:27 PM
So the big talk the other day was that Pendles met with Danger the other day for a coffee... Looks like Pendles may be shutting that down lol

There are some REEEEEEALLY stupid rumours that Pendles might leave Collingwood. I want to smack them across the face!
I think that was more in relation to the rumours of Danger leaving the Crows, not Pendles leaving the Pies

Nige

The Age are reporting that GWS are set to move up the draft order to pick one, via a trade with St Kilda to help the Giants secure gun goalkicking midfielder, Christian Petracca in the draft.

The Giants are set to throw in a 'sweetener' and it's been mooted the names of Kristian Jaksch and/or Jonathan O'Rourke could be involved in the deal.

There have been murmurs that the Giants may demand pick one, and St Kilda's pick 21 in return for a package deal of pick three, Jaksch and O'Rourke which would trump clubs such as Carlton who've shown interest in Jaksch, whilst Collingwood, North Melbourne, Richmond, Hawthorn and Western Bulldogs have pursued O'Rourke.

Toga

Interesting... As I said on the Saints board it doesn't surprise me that the Giants are trying to move into the top 2 picks, as the three standout mids of the draft crop (Petracca, Brayshaw and Heeney) will all be unavailable by that point, and it's not as if the Giants need any of the tall forwards that sit around that Pick 3-6 region.

Might be a good move for both teams.

Nige

Quote from: Toga on September 29, 2014, 08:41:31 PM
Interesting... As I said on the Saints board it doesn't surprise me that the Giants are trying to move into the top 2 picks, as the three standout mids of the draft crop (Petracca, Brayshaw and Heeney) will all be unavailable by that point, and it's not as if the Giants need any of the tall forwards that sit around that Pick 3-6 region.

Might be a good move for both teams.
Not really sure they need any more mids either though which is my problem. O'Rourke was Pick 2 and became a victim of their mid depth. Petracca is more likely to carve out a better career at the Saints imo.

Toga

Yeah, agreed mate. But GWS would benefit from a bullocking goal-kicking mid like Petracca than they would from a tall forward like McCartin/Wright I think.

But yeah I think Petracca would probably be better off at the Saints as well, not sure whether that will have any affect on negotiations however. Would be interesting to see whether Petracca would get games at the Giants if he ends up going there.

kilbluff1985

Petracca is ready made for the AFL should get games at any bottom 8 teams

Ricochet

Essendon is set to reject Port Adelaide's first-round draft pick in exchange for star ruckman Paddy Ryder.
The Bombers will tell Power chiefs when they meet for the opening day of trade talks next month that any deal must include a senior player of a similar calibre to Ryder
- Herald Sun.

Nige

Can GWS, Sydney, Essendon and Collingwood please be kicked out of the AFL and be replaced by 4 state league teams like Norwood and Port Melbourne?  ::) :P

Big Mac