Conrats Rocky, Pig Status

Started by strikes91, July 28, 2014, 06:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrich102

Quote from: powersuperkents on August 17, 2014, 03:35:44 PM
I don't think Rocky should be referred to as the Pig, 'why?' you might ask, because his disposals are usually effective. Conversely Swan used to rack up, however his efficiency was flowering terrible. Rocky is basically a one-man team, he played a quarterback type of role against North which saw the Lions destroy them after the 1st quarter, he carries them during a loss & is the centre piece when they win. I've personally never seen Swan do that, & outside of dream team, Swan has always been overrated, Beams & Sidey have contributed more over the past few years & Pendles would be Collingwood's Rocky in terms of actual football, however, unlike Rocky he has decent support (looks to be over for Collingwood for the next few seasons though).

Regarding the Lions, Hanley's return & Martin addition into the team has created an unstoppable trio, Crisp has helped immensely, & on top of that they vaunt a lot more young talent. Redden's return will only lift them (seriously they don't even consider Moloney anymore) & I think they'll be in the race for the finals next year (however, it's another question entirely if they're ready to actually make the 8). Leppa has been a quality rebuilding coach
Moloney has retired and you forgot about rich :P

Luey, Martin, Rocky, Rich, Hanley, Redden, Zorko, Green, Crisp, Aish, Taylor, Paparone, Adcock, Robertson, Bewick, Harwood and Obrien. You scared yet by that midfield (rotating)?

GoLions

Quote from: Ricochet on July 29, 2014, 10:07:48 AM
He's going to have to average 145.8 across the last 5 games to beat 133.

Remaining Fixture
Team (highest ever score): ave since 2011
Melbourne (134): 125.6
Adelaide (138): 98.6
Collingwood (123): 98 - hasn't played the pies since 2012 though
Freo (172): 110.5
Geelong (140): 115.5

So even if he hits his highest ever scores against these teams he still won't quite make it unfortunately
Dees: 110
Crows: 180
Pies: 165
Freo: 154

Bring on the Cats

Nige

PA just said in a thread he just made that Rocky needs 112 next week.

He's got it in the bag I reckon.

RiOtChEsS

belted out a 140 in rd 23 last year against the cats, captained me too a premiership, hoping for back to back

strikes91

kilbluff1985

Ricochet

Quote from: GoLions16 on August 24, 2014, 04:05:01 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on July 29, 2014, 10:07:48 AM
He's going to have to average 145.8 across the last 5 games to beat 133.

Remaining Fixture
Team (highest ever score): ave since 2011
Melbourne (134): 125.6
Adelaide (138): 98.6
Collingwood (123): 98 - hasn't played the pies since 2012 though
Freo (172): 110.5
Geelong (140): 115.5

So even if he hits his highest ever scores against these teams he still won't quite make it unfortunately
Dees: 110
Crows: 180
Pies: 165
Freo: 154

Bring on the Cats
#Freak

strikes91

well he wins, bit of anti climax.

Oink

nrich102

pommyadam

anyone else noticed the missing G :P

strikes91

nrich102

powersuperkents

Quote from: nrich102 on August 17, 2014, 03:42:16 PM
I don't think Rocky should be referred to as the Pig, 'why?' you might ask, because his disposals are usually effective. Conversely Swan used to rack up, however his efficiency was flowering terrible. Rocky is basically a one-man team, he played a quarterback type of role against North which saw the Lions destroy them after the 1st quarter, he carries them during a loss & is the centre piece when they win. I've personally never seen Swan do that, & outside of dream team, Swan has always been overrated, Beams & Sidey have contributed more over the past few years & Pendles would be Collingwood's Rocky in terms of actual football, however, unlike Rocky he has decent support (looks to be over for Collingwood for the next few seasons though).

Regarding the Lions, Hanley's return & Martin addition into the team has created an unstoppable trio, Crisp has helped immensely, & on top of that they vaunt a lot more young talent. Redden's return will only lift them (seriously they don't even consider Moloney anymore) & I think they'll be in the race for the finals next year (however, it's another question entirely if they're ready to actually make the 8). Leppa has been a quality rebuilding coach

Luey, Martin, Rocky, Rich, Hanley, Redden, Zorko, Green, Crisp, Aish, Taylor, Paparone, Adcock, Robertson, Bewick, Harwood and Obrien. You scared yet by that midfield (rotating)?
+ Mayes  ;)

A lot of the players are too young to have an immediate impact (barring Taylor, Crisp & Aish) but I think all the players who have come to prominence over the last few years will remain consistent (especially considering what they've been through for the last few years, they definitely would have found a sense of independent (GCS are a polar opposite hahaha). Hanley, Martin, Rocky & Redden are all basically elite or almost elite (Rocky & Hanley have to be elite after this season). The mosquito squad have all been fantastic this season, and again seem very self-reliant from very young ages. Robertson, Bewick, Paparone & O'Brien are the only 3 from the list who I'm not convinced by... yet. I think next season they'll be provided with more opportunities and after seeing Leppa this season building one of the most inform sides out youngsters, I have no doubts that he'll be able to take four of them to the next level in their game. Honestly as a PAFC supporter I've seen this before with Ken Hinkley, of course Hinkley had a lot of support from Kochie and could take a pre-existing team to the finals in one season. Leppa is taking the same steps (culling the old players and giving the young players a sense of independence), I could see them making the finals next year depending on how they start. I'd say most likely say the year after next they'll be able to secure a solid position 4th-7th. They are going to be a very dangerous side soon.

Also, I like how Leppa threw Taylor and Aish right into the game, saw it last year with Ollie Wines and I think it'll set them up for their careers. Gained a lot of respect for Taylor after seeing the Rising Star ceremony, just to know where he came from and the fact he seemed uncomfortable on stage & on camera (I think FoxFooty put him in a vulnerable position for a 19yo who has lived in the country for basically his entire life) showed that his priorities were almost solely on the game and not the external factors surrounding it. He will be a fantastic player for years to come

Sweetness

Quote from: powersuperkents on September 05, 2014, 05:30:36 PM
Quote from: nrich102 on August 17, 2014, 03:42:16 PM

+ Mayes  ;)

A lot of the players are too young to have an immediate impact (barring Taylor, Crisp & Aish) but I think all the players who have come to prominence over the last few years will remain consistent (especially considering what they've been through for the last few years, they definitely would have found a sense of independent (GCS are a polar opposite hahaha). Hanley, Martin, Rocky & Redden are all basically elite or almost elite (Rocky & Hanley have to be elite after this season). The mosquito squad have all been fantastic this season, and again seem very self-reliant from very young ages. Robertson, Bewick, Paparone & O'Brien are the only 3 from the list who I'm not convinced by... yet. I think next season they'll be provided with more opportunities and after seeing Leppa this season building one of the most inform sides out youngsters, I have no doubts that he'll be able to take four of them to the next level in their game. Honestly as a PAFC supporter I've seen this before with Ken Hinkley, of course Hinkley had a lot of support from Kochie and could take a pre-existing team to the finals in one season. Leppa is taking the same steps (culling the old players and giving the young players a sense of independence), I could see them making the finals next year depending on how they start. I'd say most likely say the year after next they'll be able to secure a solid position 4th-7th. They are going to be a very dangerous side soon.

Also, I like how Leppa threw Taylor and Aish right into the game, saw it last year with Ollie Wines and I think it'll set them up for their careers. Gained a lot of respect for Taylor after seeing the Rising Star ceremony, just to know where he came from and the fact he seemed uncomfortable on stage & on camera (I think FoxFooty put him in a vulnerable position for a 19yo who has lived in the country for basically his entire life) showed that his priorities were almost solely on the game and not the external factors surrounding it. He will be a fantastic player for years to come

Totally agree.

strikes91

realistically the average to drop next season ? Rich and Redden back in effect him at all ?