Conrats Rocky, Pig Status

Started by strikes91, July 28, 2014, 06:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

powersuperkents

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on July 29, 2014, 09:00:59 AM
Quote from: HBTD22 on July 29, 2014, 08:57:42 AM
I've had him since day one at 558k or whatever he was and I got absolutely slammed for it on here. I can't wait til an end of season gloat thread if he keeps this up... ::)

really? that's hard to believe he was very popular on fanfooty in the pre season
+1 (agree with Kilbluff here)

I've started him since 2012 & traded him in as a POD when he returned from injury in 2011 (1st game back & overall his 2nd best season & was extremely unique)/ plus downgraded him in 2010. Everyone was promoting him in the fanfooty forums this season... Those who didn't were inquiring as to why... Literally no one had any disparaging comments about him at all...

A lot of people started him this season (including myself) & many people in the past have been long subscribers of the Red/Rock combo (unfortunately I've never had Redden outside of elite). It's barely noteworthy, let alone, to gloat over (which would only be the case if someone privately denigrated your selection...). Ultimately, everyone was cognisant of his potential & saw him as a prospective elite, (if anyone Rico actually made the call long before the season started).

jvalles69

Quote from: powersuperkents on August 13, 2014, 12:38:58 PM
I've had him since day one at 558k or whatever he was and I got absolutely slammed for it on here. I can't wait til an end of season gloat thread if he keeps this up... ::)

really? that's hard to believe he was very popular on fanfooty in the pre season

I've started him since 2012 & traded him in as a POD when he returned from injury in 2011 (1st game back & overall his 2nd best season & was extremely unique)/ plus downgraded him in 2010. Everyone was promoting him in the fanfooty forums this season... Those who didn't were inquiring as to why... Literally no one had any disparaging comments about him at all...

A lot of people started him this season (including myself) & many people in the past have been long subscribers of the Red/Rock combo (unfortunately I've never had Redden outside of elite). It's barely noteworthy, let alone, to gloat over (which would only be the case if someone privately denigrated your selection...). Ultimately, everyone was cognisant of his potential & saw him as a prospective elite, (if anyone Rico actually made the call long before the season started).

The only reason why a lot of ppl didn't have him after round one is because he got rubbed out for a few weeks and it was the free hit round so you still had unlimited trades.  It was prob less smart to hang onto him during this time than to trade him in when he came back like I and a lot of other coaches did.  Thats prob why you got slammed and IMO its within reason.

powersuperkents

Quote from: jvalles69 on August 13, 2014, 06:15:20 PM
Quote from: powersuperkents on August 13, 2014, 12:38:58 PM

The only reason why a lot of ppl didn't have him after round one is because he got rubbed out for a few weeks and it was the free hit round so you still had unlimited trades.  It was prob less smart to hang onto him during this time than to trade him in when he came back like I and a lot of other coaches did.  Thats prob why you got slammed and IMO its within reason.
+1

Forgot about his r2 suspension, I didn't have him for 2 weeks (the first week he was suspended). Definitely the main reason why most people didn't have him & now I think HBTD22 is referring to people criticizing him for holding for r2... Which is barely commendable, let alone a reason to "gloat"... hahahaha

HBTD22

Quote from: powersuperkents on August 13, 2014, 06:55:20 PM
Forgot about his r2 suspension, I didn't have him for 2 weeks (the first week he was suspended). Definitely the main reason why most people didn't have him & now I think HBTD22 is referring to people criticizing him for holding for r2... Which is barely commendable, let alone a reason to "gloat"... hahahaha

Sorry, I should clarify. I traded him out after the free hit (cause of suspension) and then I traded him back in when Barlow got injured (so round three or four or whatever it was). Was tossing up between him and Pendles and went Rocky and got scolded for it. I guess I had the last laugh (and I brought in Pendles about 4-5 weeks later anyway). ;)

strikes91

any rain forecast for saturday, pig loves a dirty track

pommyadam

Quote from: strikes91 on August 13, 2014, 09:35:34 PM
any rain forecast for saturday, pig loves a dirty track

late shower
if only it could be on a sunday (rain forecast)

that said though, he did notch up 180 on (what I thought for a Brisbane day) was a cold dry winter

strikes91

Nails

strikes91

Quote from: Nails on August 17, 2014, 12:44:33 AM
Quote from: strikes91 on August 17, 2014, 12:35:12 AM
Oink

Was at the game, thought I smelled bacon.

would of been a strong scent in the 2nd half.

113 points

oink oink oink

kilbluff1985

GoLions

So has he beaten Swan's average then? (for now at least)

nrich102

Bill Manspeaker

powersuperkents

I don't think Rocky should be referred to as the Pig, 'why?' you might ask, because his disposals are usually effective. Conversely Swan used to rack up, however his efficiency was flowering terrible. Rocky is basically a one-man team, he played a quarterback type of role against North which saw the Lions destroy them after the 1st quarter, he carries them during a loss & is the centre piece when they win. I've personally never seen Swan do that, & outside of dream team, Swan has always been overrated, Beams & Sidey have contributed more over the past few years & Pendles would be Collingwood's Rocky in terms of actual football, however, unlike Rocky he has decent support (looks to be over for Collingwood for the next few seasons though).

Regarding the Lions, Hanley's return & Martin addition into the team has created an unstoppable trio, Crisp has helped immensely, & on top of that they vaunt a lot more young talent. Redden's return will only lift them (seriously they don't even consider Moloney anymore) & I think they'll be in the race for the finals next year (however, it's another question entirely if they're ready to actually make the 8). Leppa has been a quality rebuilding coach 

strikes91

Quote from: powersuperkents on August 17, 2014, 03:35:44 PM
I don't think Rocky should be referred to as the Pig, 'why?' you might ask, because his disposals are usually effective. Conversely Swan used to rack up, however his efficiency was flowering terrible. Rocky is basically a one-man team, he played a quarterback type of role against North which saw the Lions destroy them after the 1st quarter, he carries them during a loss & is the centre piece when they win. I've personally never seen Swan do that, & outside of dream team, Swan has always been overrated, Beams & Sidey have contributed more over the past few years & Pendles would be Collingwood's Rocky in terms of actual football, however, unlike Rocky he has decent support (looks to be over for Collingwood for the next few seasons though).

Regarding the Lions, Hanley's return & Martin addition into the team has created an unstoppable trio, Crisp has helped immensely, & on top of that they vaunt a lot more young talent. Redden's return will only lift them (seriously they don't even consider Moloney anymore) & I think they'll be in the race for the finals next year (however, it's another question entirely if they're ready to actually make the 8). Leppa has been a quality rebuilding coach

the traders class him as the pig as always going back for 2nds. Back tracking marks, tackles one, twos. That's definition of pig.