Conrats Rocky, Pig Status

Started by strikes91, July 28, 2014, 06:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pommyadam

I think it will
Won't be starting with him (seriously... Rocky + Rook vs Scooter + Jelwood isn't a difficult choice) but will consider upon bye-upgrade (and his price has dropped a bit)

GoLions

Quote from: pommyadam on September 14, 2014, 08:59:45 AM
I think it will
Won't be starting with him (seriously... Rocky + Rook vs Scooter + Jelwood isn't a difficult choice) but will consider upon bye-upgrade (and his price has dropped a bit)
What about Rocky + Rocky + rookie vs Jelwood + Scooter + your captain?

pommyadam

Quote from: GoLions16 on September 14, 2014, 12:54:03 PM
Quote from: pommyadam on September 14, 2014, 08:59:45 AM
I think it will
What about Rocky + Rocky + rookie vs Jelwood + Scooter + your captain?

Captain one of those
So Rocky 130 (reasonable) + Rookie (80) = 340
Jelwood (110) + Scooter (100) + Jelwood (110) = 320

that's a gain of 20 points, and that's assuming Rocky gets that high (remember he was held to sub-ton in rd1 this year) and a best-case scenario for a rookie
and yes... probably 100 is a bit outlandish for Scooter, but he was injured for most of this season, and averaged 108 in 2013

Rocky will probably be too expensive for mind, especially considering I think that his average will fall (with Redden, Aish, Rich and others becoming more prominent) - heck, Swan shed 16 off his 2012 average in 2013
upgrade target for me, particularly with rookie prices sky-rocketing

edit: hey, I appreciate your opinion, it means that we don't have the same sides, which can only be a good thing (or bad for the other :P )

GoLions

Haha I wasn't saying he'd clearly be the better choice, I just wanted to see some stats :P

I'll probably start with Rocky, but doubt I'll have Ablett as well. Will really depend on who's fairly cheap and looks good, so I know how big I can spend on some players as well. I reckon Rocky will avg 125ish, as he'll get tagged even less, and won't have that tagging role he played in round 1 which kept him to a sub 100 score.

Also, just imagine if you kept holding out to get him this year. There's no way I want to be spending 700k+ during the year on him hahaha