EPL Fantasy 2014/15 Thread.

Started by Jackross10, July 20, 2014, 08:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Dog

Seriously look like going with forwards Rooney and Lambert on field with Nugent on bench.
Can anyone talk me out of Lambert?

dirkdiggler

Quote from: Spite on August 12, 2014, 02:10:04 PM
Quote from: dirkdiggler on August 12, 2014, 01:36:24 PM
Quote from: Spite on August 11, 2014, 08:01:20 PM
Quote from: dirkdiggler on August 11, 2014, 05:05:30 PM
Quote from: blue on August 11, 2014, 03:45:28 PM
Best defender 6m or less already have lovren and debuchy

Davies at Spurs stands out for me. Spurs full back will be high up the pitch, he will play everyweek as well.

Too much of a risk for me. Rose has played every single preseason game ahead of him. Definitely not a certain starter.

Either man utd at 5.5 stand out. Ward at 5.0 is popular.

If Davies has been bought to sit on the bench I will eat my pants...and when you say every single pre season game......you actually aren't talkling about that many at all given he only joined end of July. Davies will play.

Fair enough. Rose has started 5 and Davies 4 so there isn't much in it. Still think it could go either way but if you're so certain then back your gut! I thought Davies was a long term investment at just 21 but as I've said earlier, I just started getting into EPL (and soccer) from the WC onwards, I don't even have a team to support yet! (Although I have researched a heck of a lot)

Davies isn't going to leave Swansea to be a long term investment and sit on the bench. He's got 10 caps for Wales and will be expecting to start and would have discussed that with Spurs before he signed. If you haven't picked a team yet....I have just one word of advice. NEVER SUPPORT SPURS  ;)

Spite

Quote from: T Dog on August 13, 2014, 09:54:54 AM
Seriously look like going with forwards Rooney and Lambert on field with Nugent on bench.

Well Costa two goals last night and starts against two promoted teams first up. There's going to be a bandwagon so you may as well get on now 😜 better check if lambert is starting ATM T Dog, if he's at a risk I wouldn't want to rely on nuggent!

@DD
Haha thanks for the heads up! Spurs are off the list!!

CrowsFan

Here's an option a little from left field..

Ashley Young! Just saw that he is only priced at 5.5! Seems almost certain that he will be starting the season with doubts over Luke Shaw's fitness. Yes he will be playing as a wing back rather than out and out winger, but he has looked impressive in pre season, and has shown in the past he is capable of scoring goals and picking out assists...

timmyparso

Quote from: Honey Badger on August 13, 2014, 12:47:26 PM

Ashley Young! Just saw that he is only priced at 5.5! Seems almost certain that he will be starting the season with doubts over Luke Shaw's fitness. Yes he will be playing as a wing back rather than out and out winger, but he has looked impressive in pre season, and has shown in the past he is capable of scoring goals and picking out assists...

If only I could have 4 ManU players. Currently have Rooney, Mata and De Gea

dirkdiggler

[/quote

I'd say no...because it limits what other Utd players you can get in. He might play as a wing back...but you have to play him in the mids...and he will have defensive responsiblities. If he was listed as DEF he would be a lock. Too many other options in the MID for mine. But a great left field option HB....I like it

The_Captain

Quote from: timmyparso on August 13, 2014, 01:29:38 PM

Mata and De Gea are a waste of coin. Get on Timmmy Howard!!!

CrowsFan

Quote from: dirkdiggler on August 13, 2014, 02:08:36 PM

I'd say no...because it limits what other Utd players you can get in. He might play as a wing back...but you have to play him in the mids...and he will have defensive responsiblities. If he was listed as DEF he would be a lock. Too many other options in the MID for mine. But a great left field option HB....I like it
Yeah I won't be getting him either, but could be a sneaky pick. Agree though with the defensive duties he will have it will curb his influence somewhat in an attacking sense, so will be interesting to see how he actually goes...

dirkdiggler

Quote from: noto07 on August 13, 2014, 02:14:55 PM
Quote from: timmyparso on August 13, 2014, 01:29:38 PM

Mata playing behind a front 2...with Utd's early run of games probably the easiest in history. He's a lock for me. Been in my side from the start and won't be going anywhere. I can't see any reason not to pick him. Agree on De Gea though

Keeper27

Quote from: noto07 on August 13, 2014, 02:14:55 PM

LOL, Mata is gonna be a bargain. I reckon he'll score like someone who's priced at 10-11.0 and go 180+

Quote from: dirkdiggler on August 13, 2014, 02:42:51 PM
Mata playing behind a front 2...with Utd's early run of games probably the easiest in history. He's a lock for me. Been in my side from the start and won't be going anywhere. I can't see any reason not to pick him. Agree on De Gea though

agreed. I changed my GK from DDG to Bego.
i have no faith in Jones/Smalling/Evans as your CB's. those names dont strike fear into any fwd line. LOL  :P
UTD will defo get a few clean sheets but not as much as people will think.

Quote from: T Dog on August 13, 2014, 09:54:54 AM.

wont be a starter. he'll come off the bench to take a load off Sturridge and early play cup games. and he's happy to do that.

agreed, he'll defo be one on the price rise. he'll play in LVG's back 5.
got a few other names at 5.0-6.0 that'll outscore him IMO. (Mutch/Hoilett/Punchy/Siggy/Noble/Snoddy)

T Dog

Thanks guys for the advice...will check out Dzeko for Lambert or maybe Pelle.

Keeper27

Luigi197

Hey guys! Reckon a couple people or so could comment on what you think of my team?! Any ideas or comments would be greatly appreciated! :)

Howard (Myhill)
Luis Filipe, Jones, Lovren (Vlaar, Bruce)
Fabregas, Sanchez, Eriksen, Sterling (El Ahmadi)
Costa, Dzeko, Bojan

_wato

Would love some thoughts, think I'm done now.

Mannone (Krul)
Cahill, Lovren, Debuchy (Bruce, O'Shea)
Ramsey, Mata, Nasri, Siggurdson, Henderson/Puncheon
Rooney, Costa (Bojan)

EDIT: Didn't see your post Luigi, sorry mate.

blue

Quote from: Luigi197 on August 13, 2014, 08:41:21 PM
Hey guys! Reckon a couple people or so could comment on what you think of my team?! Any ideas or comments would be greatly appreciated! :)

Howard (Myhill)
Luis Filipe, Jones, Lovren (Vlaar, Bruce)
Fabregas, Sanchez, Eriksen, Sterling (El Ahmadi)
Costa, Dzeko, Bojan

Only thing I would consider doing  is maybe Sanchez to Ramsey. Then dzeko to Rooney. Not sure on Sanchez fitness and I'm waiting for man city strikers to settle before considering or maybe just Sanchez to Yaya the man was a beast last year