International Cricket Thread

Started by Bill Manspeaker, June 10, 2014, 03:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_wato

Hughes over Smith? You have to be kidding me..

His form over the last 12 months has been blistering let alone his heroics in the latest Ashes series.

Depends which deck we're playing on but I don't know if Gazza gets a run straight up! Maxwell is very effective with his part time spin.

Watson and Haddin will be gone soon enough and Wade and Hughes will come in like nothing has happened.

Hughes to get a run in the upcoming tests against Pakistan? Rodgers surely nearly done?

Nige

Quote from: _wato on August 06, 2014, 06:48:34 PM
Hughes over Smith? You have to be kidding me..

His form over the last 12 months has been blistering let alone his heroics in the latest Ashes series.

Depends which deck we're playing on but I don't know if Gazza gets a run straight up! Maxwell is very effective with his part time spin.

Watson and Haddin will be gone soon enough and Wade and Hughes will come in like nothing has happened.

Hughes to get a run in the upcoming tests against Pakistan? Rodgers surely nearly done?
Sammy Whiteman will go past Matty Wade if he hasn't already imo.

PowerBug

Steve Smith won the Ashes for Australia, he's not going anywhere. Hughes has to keep scoring until someone screws up. Also as mentioned, Smith is the next captain when Clarke gives up.

Why is Finch in that XI posted? Have I missed out on something? He hasn't really done much special for Yorkshire in the 4 day game in England this season. Surely the Rogers spot is available to Hughes?
A Port supporter with a full set of his own teeth
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Nige

Bill Manspeaker

limited overs, otherwise there's a few bowlers who are pretty unlucky :P

unless that was a rhetorical question Nige, in that case, carry on :P

Nige

Quote from: brad on August 06, 2014, 08:05:42 PM
limited overs, otherwise there's a few bowlers who are pretty unlucky :P

unless that was a rhetorical question Nige, in that case, carry on :P
I was genuinely confused for a moment because somebody mentioned Rogers, but he only plays Tests iirc.

Torp

Hughes had his chance and failed, the Aussie team is set.

Jay

Quote from: Torp on August 06, 2014, 08:15:25 PM
Was that chance when he put on 163 with Ashton Agar in his innings saving dig of 81 not out? Because if I remember correctly, he was dropped after the next test despite all other batsman failing too. Has never got another chance in the Aus side despite a shower load of runs in first class cricket.

By your logic, should Don Bradman and Michael Clarke never have been recalled to the Aus test side when they were dropped?

Torp

Quote from: Jayman on August 06, 2014, 08:27:57 PM
Quote from: Torp on August 06, 2014, 08:15:25 PM
Was that chance when he put on 163 with Ashton Agar in his innings saving dig of 81 not out? Because if I remember correctly, he was dropped after the next test despite all other batsman failing too. Has never got another chance in the Aus side despite a shower load of runs in first class cricket.

By your logic, should Don Bradman and Michael Clarke never have been recalled to the Aus test side when they were dropped?
I never said he shouldn't ever get another go in the Aussie team, I said the team is set. Until someone fails he is unlikely to get a run. By my logic? All I said was he shouldn't come in when the team is set. He didn't perform on a consistent basis when he was in the team.

_wato

Sorry lads, that team posted was for the limited overs game.

I meant to to say that when Rogers is gone in the test format Hughes will get his chance and cement it with good scores which will result in selection for the one day format! Sorry I didn't really say that correctly!

PowerBug

Quote from: Jayman on August 06, 2014, 08:27:57 PM
By your logic, should Don Bradman never have been recalled to the Aus test side when they were dropped?
I said the same thing when people told me Gary Ballance should've scored better in his first test match (18 and 7). :P Yes, I did compare Gary Ballance to Sir Don.
A Port supporter with a full set of his own teeth
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Torp

Jay hasn't replied to my last spot, obviously understanding he was wrong.  ;)

Bill Manspeaker

not sure he was "wrong" Torp :P nothing he said was wrong

Torp

Quote from: brad on August 07, 2014, 07:38:00 PM
he was wrong about my logic.

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Torp on August 07, 2014, 07:55:07 PM
Quote from: brad on August 07, 2014, 07:38:00 PM
he was wrong about my logic.
might have been mate but if ya just say "Hughes had his chance and failed, the Aussie team is set." it sorta leaves it open to interpretation. I have nothing wrong what ya said but ya can't then say he hasn't replied because he understands he was wrong :P