Main Menu

Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barra13

Casey Scorpions 2.5.17 3.6.24 5.10.40 6.12.48

North Ballarat 3.0.18 6.2.38 10.2.62 11.2.68

Jack Fitzpatrick 27 disposals 16 kicks 11 handballs 10 marks 2 tackles 106 dream team points
James Harmes disposals 12 kicks 8 handballs 5 marks 7 tackles 96 dream team points
Mark Jamar 18 disposals 15 kicks 3 handballs 6 marks 4 tackles 54 hit outs 136 dream team points
Jay Kennedy-Harris 2 goals 3 behinds 26 disposals 18 kicks 8 handballs 6 marks 8 tackles 135 dream team points
Max King 1 goal disposals 8 kicks 4 handballs 3 marks 4 tackles 11 hit outs 76 dream team points
Viv Michie 1 behind 19 disposals 7 kicks 12 handballs 2 marks 7 tackles 72 dream team points
Oscar McDonald 15 disposals 9 kicks 6 handballs 4 marks 49 dream team points
Dean Terlich 14 disposals 9 kicks 5 handballs 4 marks 1 tackle 50 dream team points
Mitch White 14 disposals 9 kicks 5 handballs 4 marks 2 tackles 57 dream team points

Jamar and big Fitzy asking for their spots back.

Ricochet

JKH with 2.3 and 8 tackles says he worked his ass off

Barra13

Yeah word was he played in the middle all game, so obviously enjoying that. Would be another Garlett style, dangerous up forward with stints in the middle.

kilbluff1985

bad timing for a bye for you guys would rather be playing this week with tons of confidence

they will still be confident next week but not as confident

Purple 77

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on June 23, 2015, 06:23:59 PM
bad timing for a bye for you guys would rather be playing this week with tons of confidence

they will still be confident next week but not as confident

Yeah, and especially playing at the energy-sapping Darwin too. It would have been good to have the bye following that game instead, but ah well.

Grazz

Reckon they will still be busting to get out there in a couple of weeks. They can legitimately celebrate the win with a few beers and have no affect on their next performance. A few beers after a win like that could be just what the doctor ordered.

Barra13

Hell, I did and I didn't even play!

Grazz

Quote from: Barra13 on June 23, 2015, 06:59:56 PM
Hell, I did and I didn't even play!

lol i reckon a few would of done the same mate, a very good win. More valuable than just the 4 points that win.

Purple 77

Just a random thought for my fellow dee-voted, does Daniel Cross get a contract next year?

I reckon he deserves one, I have a lot of respect and admiration for that guy which grows every week.

More interestingly though, does Jamar? He too is out of contract... I'm not sure he will.

Barra13

I think Crossy can go another year. I'd be happy to offer him another year for sure.

On the Jamar side; Apparently, there was a Demonlander that was talking to a player at training that had been playing VFL recently and they weren't very happy they weren't getting a game. This was about the time Gawn was set to play his first game. Apparently Goodwin is choosing the team each week or well into it, I reckon he is kind of planning for his tenure. So I was thinking it was Jamar but could have been Mckenzie also. So with Spencer and Gawn suddenly coming of age out of nowhere, I would say no. Kind of sad really, I like the big guy but understand he won't be around forever and we will need to get games into these 2 for the future.

Maybe Geelong might pick him up for a year or 2? They are in desperate need of a ruckman even though they have like 5 on their list.

Barra13

Melbourne injury list: round 13 (bye weekend)

Sam Frost (toe) 6 weeks
Colin Garland (hand) test
Jack Grimes (thumb) test
Jesse Hogan (hamstring) test
Jayden Hunt (jaw) test
Dean Kent (hamstring) 4 weeks
Ben Newton (concussion) test
Cameron Pedersen (wrist) season
Christian Petracca (knee) season
Christian Salem (hamstring) 3 weeks
Jack Trengove (foot) season
Aaron vandenBerg (hamstring) 2 weeks

Misson's comments of interest:

* Frost to start running next week!

* Kent in full training next week! Ahead of Vanders and Salem, just needs to get fitness back.

* Petracca has started running fluently.

Purple 77

Interesting to hear about that VFL player, and that Goodwin is a big influence in team selection.

So, Frost and Kent start running/training next week, then surely a return date would be shorter than what is posted?

Barra13

I would think so, as stated it'd just be about match fitness I reckon.

Trengove also has scans next week on the foot. Hopefully it is good news. He would be a nice addition to the midfield rotation aswell.

Big Mac

Cross one more year, Jamar retires

Not surprised if Jamar was upset, I was still convinced he was our number one ruck while Spencer was being trialled in the role

Should be fine for ruck coverage with Spencer and Gawn, as well as Pedo and Frost both capable of rucking and King being developed as well

Barra13

I'd like to see Crossy go into some kind of role at the club for the younger kids, something similar to McCartney maybe. He would be a great role model and knows the rigors of day in day out AFL life.