Main Menu

Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

Gender and sexual orientation are two separate things grazz.

Got to remember it's about size and development as well for a key forward- Franklin only weighed 84kg when he was drafted, and made his debut that year... he didn't have the year in the gym + the mini draft pick development behind him. Hogan doesn't have the issue that a lot of key forwards do at their early careers in being still physically immature.

Grazz

Big Mac

Quote from: Ziplock on June 17, 2015, 09:22:14 PM
Gender and sexual orientation are two separate things grazz.

Got to remember it's about size and development as well for a key forward- Franklin only weighed 84kg when he was drafted, and made his debut that year... he didn't have the year in the gym + the mini draft pick development behind him. Hogan doesn't have the issue that a lot of key forwards do at their early careers in being still physically immature.

Not really sure what you're trying to say, but it's clear Hogan is an exciting talent and he can only get better from here

Barra13

Grazz

powersuperkents

Quote from: Purple 77 on June 14, 2015, 10:15:30 PM
Going into that match, I felt like it was a turning point this year. Having played terribly for the majority of the match... I say we haven't improved this year.

Sure, on the day, we might look a little better than last year.

But in the end, we're 3-8, and looking at another bottom 4 finish.

That is not improvement, or rather that's not good enough.

I can't stress how important this match was to me in terms of my general view of Melbourne. I won't go on coz we've all heard it repeatedly in the past 8 years, but please know that my respect, pride, expectations and outlook on Melbourne has DRASTICALLY changed.
...  :P

I think Port Adelaide and Essendon supporters (myself including) should be the ones who are disappointed haha

Fantastic wins by the Demons, Vince was fantastic and Gawn definitely solves the long-term ruck problems for the club - I think he will be the next Sandilands (Witts is uncoordinated negating his 1cm advantage over Gawn)

Purple 77

Quote from: powersuperkents on June 21, 2015, 07:16:02 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on June 14, 2015, 10:15:30 PM
Going into that match, I felt like it was a turning point this year. Having played terribly for the majority of the match... I say we haven't improved this year.

Sure, on the day, we might look a little better than last year.

But in the end, we're 3-8, and looking at another bottom 4 finish.

That is not improvement, or rather that's not good enough.

I can't stress how important this match was to me in terms of my general view of Melbourne. I won't go on coz we've all heard it repeatedly in the past 8 years, but please know that my respect, pride, expectations and outlook on Melbourne has DRASTICALLY changed.
...  :P

I think Port Adelaide and Essendon supporters (myself including) should be the ones who are disappointed haha

Fantastic wins by the Demons, Vince was fantastic and Gawn definitely solves the long-term ruck problems for the club - I think he will be the next Sandilands (Witts is uncoordinated negating his 1cm advantage over Gawn)

Today was unprecedented. Totally against the odds in EVERY facet you can think of. And was arguably our best win in 9 years.

So of course, the best win in 9 years is gonna make up for last week, and regain the things I lost in that game  :P

Grazz

Well done Dee's, for all you lot the beers are on me.  ;)

Purple 77

Quote from: Grazz on June 21, 2015, 08:09:04 PM

Where do I send the bill too? :P

ossie85

Clearly right decision getting rid of spud Hogan and replacing him with premiership player Dawes

Purple 77

Quote from: ossie85 on June 21, 2015, 08:25:58 PM
Clearly right decision getting rid of spud Hogan and replacing him with premiership player Dawes

Omfg, get out  :P

I got the same line from Dad too  ::)

Grazz

Quote from: Purple 77 on June 21, 2015, 08:11:19 PM

Send me a PM mate haha.  :P
Enjoy the celebrations if i was a Dee supporter id be chucking a sickie tomorrow.  ;D

Purple 77

Quote from: Grazz on June 21, 2015, 08:39:03 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on June 21, 2015, 08:11:19 PM

Send me a PM mate haha.  :P
Enjoy the celebrations if i was a Dee supporter id be chucking a sickie tomorrow.  ;D

Ah, the pleasures of being a uni student whom just finished his last exam ;)

Got nothing for the next two weeks! >:D

Toga

What a win! Enjoy it lads, that was certainly the best win I can remember watching for the Dees. Stoked for you!

Big Mac