Main Menu

Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

powersuperkents

Quote from: Big  Mac on June 09, 2015, 12:00:04 AM
Apparently there is a good chance Viney has fractured his leg again....
That kid is one of the toughest I've seen. If he wasn't a father-son pick I'd have him pegged for a top 5 selection at the draft

Barra13

Yeah, he was a bargain at pick 26 or whatever it was.

Purple 77

Quote from: powersuperkents on June 09, 2015, 12:05:13 AM
Quote from: Big  Mac on June 09, 2015, 12:00:04 AM
Apparently there is a good chance Viney has fractured his leg again....
That kid is one of the toughest I've seen. If he wasn't a father-son pick I'd have him pegged for a top 5 selection at the draft

Was bidded on at 7, definitely grateful he slipped past Pick 3 that year, his attack on the ball is the second most attractive thing about our team... behind every centimetre of Hogan  :P

Would really suck if he did his leg again  :'(

Purple 77

Also, I thought Gawn did some good things... and bad. I noticed a few masterful hitouts actually Mac, and I reckon it was a large reason for Jones' dominance in the second quarter IMO, Vince too.

But, I remember him dropping a few marks that he just can't afford to drop  :-\ it's really hard to split Spencer and Gawn tbh.

Barra13

I actually liked Gawn over Spencer and that's saying something for me. His height advantage was definitely a help and he did have some very nice taps going on.

Changes I'd like to see this week are;
Out: vandenBerg (injured - hamstring), MJones, Viney (if injured)
In: Grimes, Tyson, Neal-Bullen/Stretch (Sub for Viney if injured)

Barra13

I did have a chuckle at this post from Demonland;

Selection criteria:
Are you fit?
Are you quick?
Can you tackle and chase?
Is your name anything other than Rohan Bail or Matt Jones?

If you answered yes to the above 4 questions then you can get a game on a half forward flank for Melbourne.

Big Mac

You guys could be right. It's hard to see the ruckman when they've got their backs to you half the time so it's very possible I am wrong about his tap work

Barra13

From what I am reading it looks like it is just a corkie for Viney which is good news.

Purple 77

Quote from: Barra13 on June 09, 2015, 12:34:54 PM
I did have a chuckle at this post from Demonland;

Selection criteria:
Are you fit?
Are you quick?
Can you tackle and chase?
Is your name anything other than Rohan Bail or Matt Jones?

If you answered yes to the above 4 questions then you can get a game on a half forward flank for Melbourne.

Lol

Quote from: Barra13 on June 09, 2015, 01:42:29 PM
From what I am reading it looks like it is just a corkie for Viney which is good news.

Good news.

Nige

Fitzy seems to be doing well in his new role as a defender... apart from the tunnel-ball incident.

Are you guys happy with how he's doing?

Purple 77

Quote from: Nige on June 09, 2015, 01:51:46 PM
Fitzy seems to be doing well in his new role as a defender... apart from the tunnel-ball incident.

Are you guys happy with how he's doing?

He had a bad game against Port, but apart from that and the tunnel ball, yeah I've been pleasantly surprised about him this year. I'd be willing to give him another 1-2 year contract.

Also, Brayshaw rising star nomination! How good was he?!

Toga

I thought Gawn played well against Grundy! Similar to Sandilands, his height will always be a huge advantage for HO's. But similar to Sandi, I think he was easily outplayed around the ground.

Brayshaw very deserving of a RS nomination at last :)

Barra13

Brayshaw is going to be a beast. His kick after 3 huge efforts to Fitzy I think it was into the 50 above Pendles head was a genius decision.

Big Mac

Quote from: Barra13 on June 09, 2015, 05:29:29 PM
Brayshaw is going to be a beast. His kick after 3 huge efforts to Fitzy I think it was into the 50 above Pendles head was a genius decision.

He is amazing. Whenever he gets the ball it's just like the game slows down for him. And when he makes mistakes he sticks the tackle almost immediately and makes sure we break even on it

Purple 77

He is such a good tackler too! I think that's an underrated skill in the AFL. They just seem to stick.

Was almost tempted to switch my Hogan pic to Gus, just for this week, but then I looked in Jesse's eyes...