Main Menu

Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Big Mac

So Port next week

Coming off 3 losses, they will be looking to make a statement. Viney and Jetta coming back will add a real hard edge to our team though - I reckon we're in with a chance

Purple 77

Quote from: Big  Mac on May 24, 2015, 07:53:02 PM
So Port next week

Coming off 3 losses, they will be looking to make a statement. Viney and Jetta coming back will add a real hard edge to our team though - I reckon we're in with a chance

Our opposition always seems to be on the rebound off a loss  ::)

I most certainly think we are a chance; we should have beaten them twice last year. Especially if Viney and Jetta get up.

At Alice Springs... any advantage in that?

Big Mac

The Tree to make another appearance!

Big Mac

Also, how good was Fitzy! He beat his opponent so convincingly that he was subbed off

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Big  Mac on May 24, 2015, 08:17:52 PM

the treeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Big Mac

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on May 24, 2015, 08:36:28 PM
Quote from: Big  Mac on May 24, 2015, 08:17:52 PM

the treeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Possible downgrade target this week?

Purple 77

Lol, I love the Tree!

And yeah Fitzy! I though his career was finished at the start of the year... I know it's only one game, but maybe he has a role in the team now?

powersuperkents

Quote from: Purple 77 on May 24, 2015, 08:01:47 PM
So Port next week

I most certainly think we are a chance; we should have beaten them twice last year. Especially if Viney and Jetta get up.

Honestly, (of course supporters don't want to be too complacent) as a Power support I would tip Melbourne to win. The way we have played over the last 3 weeks has been bottom 3 quality. Melbourne has a strong defence and doesn't seem to have trouble scoring. The Power's forward line just hasn't been able to convert (really frustrating).

I think it will be a battle nonetheless, but I think the hunters will want it more than the hunted (it's not a question of need/ it's a question of which team is willing to work for it (& the work ethic of both sides have been polar opposites)

Purple 77

Quote from: powersuperkents on May 24, 2015, 09:51:52 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on May 24, 2015, 08:01:47 PM
So Port next week

Honestly, (of course supporters don't want to be too complacent) as a Power support I would tip Melbourne to win. The way we have played over the last 3 weeks has been bottom 3 quality. Melbourne has a strong defence and doesn't seem to have trouble scoring. The Power's forward line just hasn't been able to convert (really frustrating).

I think it will be a battle nonetheless, but I think the hunters will want it more than the hunted (it's not a question of need/ it's a question of which team is willing to work for it (& the work ethic of both sides have been polar opposites)

I'm very confident you guys will find your rhythm again, I just hope it's not next week  :P

Purple 77

Also think maybe I was quick to criticise Bail and M.Jones, they did do important forward tag roles on Johannisen and Bob Murphy.

Big Mac

Quote from: Purple 77 on May 25, 2015, 11:11:14 AM
Also think maybe I was quick to criticise Bail and M.Jones, they did do important forward tag roles on Johannisen and Bob Murphy.

M. Jones was good

Bail may have done alright as a defensive forward, but he only had one disposal to half time. Just not good enough when guys like Viney and Jetta are knocking on the door.

Viney and Jetta the ins surely, with Tyson getting another week to get himself right for the QB clash. Not sure who comes out though, Bail and who else?

Purple 77

Quote from: Big  Mac on May 25, 2015, 05:56:05 PM

M. Jones was good

Bail may have done alright as a defensive forward, but he only had one disposal to half time. Just not good enough when guys like Viney and Jetta are knocking on the door.

Viney and Jetta the ins surely, with Tyson getting another week to get himself right for the QB clash. Not sure who comes out though, Bail and who else?

Maybe M.Jones still? Whether its concussion related or not?

Riley I guess could be unlucky.

Big Mac

Quote from: Purple 77 on May 25, 2015, 05:58:58 PM
Quote from: Big  Mac on May 25, 2015, 05:56:05 PM

M. Jones was good

Maybe M.Jones still? Whether its concussion related or not?

Riley I guess could be unlucky.

I'd like M. Jones to play a similar role on Pittard this week. Think Nev also has to come in and take Wingard. Hard one to pick

Purple 77

Was reading Demonland, and a poster read this on BigFooty from a port supporter:

Quote"Melbourne Vs Port Adelaide 43pts - Paul Roos was one of the first coaches to figure out our gameplan and only now has the rest of the competition adapted to his findings. What he may further have in store is frightening. They almost pipped us twice last year even when we had most of our best team in. Loss of trengove we have a poor record aswell as the flair of Hogan. It's not going to be good for port."

I got huge enjoyment reading that. It's rare for an opposition team to rate us, even just for one match.