Main Menu

Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Quote from: Big  Mac on May 18, 2015, 10:06:44 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on May 18, 2015, 09:39:34 PM
Also interesting to see Josh Kelly is apparently Salem's BFF according to Demonland.

I think I remember hearing that at draft time actually. I'd happily trade a player + our first rounder for him, if he wanted to come back home.

The Roos vs Beveridge discussion on there is pretty interesting. Makes you wonder if there is more Roos should be doing. Losing to the Hawks isn't the end of the world though, as some make it seem

Oh lord, the people over there... saying they want Roos sacked? Unbelievable.

People seem to forget we have literally just played possibly the 3 best teams in a row, to be honest, a 100 point loss isn't a huge surprise.

But I do relate... why can't we have our coach have an instant effect like Hinkley and Beveridge? But even then, Roos had a much worst list to inherit than either of those teams, and really has transformed the team. The results only look the same as previous years, because we have played the best teams. I'm not going down the "all hope is lost" path just yet.

Yet the same people who now want Roos sacked, will be the same people that will say Melbourne will win a premiership, when we win our next game.

People  ::)

Big Mac

Beveridge definitely had a better list to inherit, courtesy of McCartney, which is why I'm so happy we have him right now. He'll definitely be around the mark for a senior coaching gig at the end of the year though, especially if Carlton and GC don't pick up their game. What I'm more worried about is the game day coaching. Did Roos make a single coaching move against Hawthorn? Just to try something? All I've noticed him do in the last 3 weeks is occasionally put a spare man back, and move Lumumba to Fyfe a couple weeks ago

Purple 77

That's a good point yeah. I guess, maybe, he is just trying to put out a consistent and trustworthy plan/brand every week, and is perhaps worried what a deviation might do to the players confidences?

I dunno. It is a concern. Still, I have total and utter faith in our off-field crew, and Roos is the head of that for me.

Purple 77

Had another gander at Demonland (I really should stop).

Gee. It's June 2013 over there atm, it's ridiculous.

I still firmly believe we are on track for 8 wins (so 6 more) this season.

Big Mac

Yeh still think we have another 4 games we will go in as favourites in and then just need to pinch 2 more, probably against the pies and the dogs who we play twice this year or even essendon/port etc who we played well against last year

Big Mac

Love the new pic by the way

They keep getting better every time  :P

Purple 77

Quote from: Big  Mac on May 21, 2015, 05:30:55 PM
Love the new pic by the way

They keep getting better every time  :P

Haha lol, its because I keep finding better and better ones :P

I saw it in the herald sun today, and it really is breathtaking... If this one EVER gets replaced, it would mean there would have to be a new shot with ecstasy-levels of awesomeness haha, if that isn't alreay :P

Although, it might get a temporary change if a Demon stands up particularly well in any given week... Brayshaw's rising star nomination for example  :P

Purple 77

I still can't stop staring at your gif whenever I see you post somewhere btw, I find myself AT LEAST watching it 3 times.

Big Mac

Jamar went down in the 2nd tonight and Gawn took on the ruck work full time. Not only did he beat Hampson in the ruck, but he also had 20 disposals and managed to kick 3 goals. Very promising signs

Purple 77

Quote from: Big  Mac on May 23, 2015, 11:46:17 PM
Jamar went down in the 2nd tonight and Gawn took on the ruck work full time. Not only did he beat Hampson in the ruck, but he also had 20 disposals and managed to kick 3 goals. Very promising signs

That sounds like the game we have been waiting for gawn to play all year, very good to hear! Shame about Russian though.

Big Mac

What a game, what a win

Exciting footy

As a side note, Dawes must not come in this week. I will crack the showers if he does

roo boys!

Seriously guys, how good was Pedo?  8)

Big Mac

Quote from: roo boys! on May 24, 2015, 07:29:50 PM

Might've been first round last year when he first played forward for us, and I was just like "oh my god, why did we recruit this spud". He's come a long way since  8)

Purple 77

Quote from: Big  Mac on May 24, 2015, 07:33:37 PM
Quote from: roo boys! on May 24, 2015, 07:29:50 PM

Might've been first round last year when he first played forward for us, and I was just like "oh my god, why did we recruit this spud". He's come a long way since  8)

Round 1 last year, it was him that I resented the most.

Now, I'm a big fan  :D

And yes, I too, will crack the showers if Dawes comes in.

Only M.Jones and Bail would be in danger yeah?

kilbluff1985