Big Mac

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on May 18, 2015, 01:13:27 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on May 18, 2015, 01:09:54 PM

Who knows at Melbourne, any player could asked to get dropped any week

yeah that was so dumb

"felt he was letting his mates down"

so he drops himself cause that's not letting them down even more

man up Watts

No. He did the honourable thing. Call him unfulfilled, a softcock, a waste of talent, and I'll let it slide. But you're wrong here kb. He has been letting the team down in recent weeks, and good on him for recognising it and being mature enough to do something about it.

ossie85

Nope, don't agree Big Mac.

If he was letting the team down, the coach would be the first to drop him.

Roos obviously felt he was in the best 22.

This isn't about the team, this is about him IMO. Though, I am speculating with absolutely no basis and could be completely wrong.

Big Mac

Watts has been in horrible form. I honestly doubt he was in the best 22. He almost had more disposals on the weekend than he has had in the past 3 weeks combined. If Watts can get into some form, and get his confidence back, the team will be much better off for it than if he had continued his current form in the ones.

ossie85

Quote from: Big  Mac on May 18, 2015, 03:39:09 PM
Watts has been in horrible form. I honestly doubt he was in the best 22. He almost had more disposals on the weekend than he has had in the past 3 weeks combined. If Watts can get into some form, and get his confidence back, the team will be much better off for it than if he had continued his current form in the ones.

I agree with that. I just feel Paul Roos is an experienced enough coach to make those decisions.

What I think happened:

Roos called Watts into his office, and said "Hey Jack, you're form isn't where we need it to be, what do you think we should do about it"

Watts: "I think I could use some time in the twos"

Roos: "Good idea Jack"

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Big  Mac on May 18, 2015, 02:53:18 PM

yeah that was so dumb

man up Watts

No. He did the honourable thing. Call him unfulfilled, a softcock, a waste of talent, and I'll let it slide. But you're wrong here kb. He has been letting the team down in recent weeks, and good on him for recognising it and being mature enough to do something about it.

no i'm not wrong i just have a different opinion then you

Mailman the 2nd

I'm fine with the player dropping himself if the coaching staff are fine with it, nothing wrong with the player wanting to take initiative.

See it pretty similarly to the Goodes sub decision. Obviously there's a massive difference between Watts vs. Goodes but if the coaches are fine with it then fans/supporters can't really argue imo

Big Mac

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on May 18, 2015, 07:02:51 PM

yeah that was so dumb

man up Watts

You can have your opinion if you want, but suggesting that Watts is less of a 'man' for what he did is childish.

Purple 77

Zak Jones re-signs with Sydney  :'(

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Big  Mac on May 18, 2015, 07:13:00 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on May 18, 2015, 07:02:51 PM

yeah that was so dumb

man up Watts

You can have your opinion if you want, but suggesting that Watts is less of a 'man' for what he did is childish.

funny coming from you guys after what you guys say about Mitch Clark

Mailman the 2nd

Those are in no way comparable situations lol

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on May 18, 2015, 07:39:20 PM

not trying to say they are

just saying calling me childish for my opinion on this is funny when i know there opinion on Mitch Clark

Purple 77

Quote from: Purple 77 on May 18, 2015, 07:30:32 PM
Zak Jones re-signs with Sydney  :'(

To be honest, I thought he would re-sign with them. He looked like a guy that would tough it out and accept the challenge.

I reckon he's got Rhyce Shaw's spot eventually. Still, would have been nice, especially with the Sydney trade ban probably working in our favour i.e. just chuck a second rounder their way. Ah well.

Big Mac

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on May 18, 2015, 07:41:49 PM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on May 18, 2015, 07:39:20 PM

not trying to say they are

just saying calling me childish for my opinion on this is funny when i know there opinion on Mitch Clark

So you're saying my opinion on Mitch Clark is childish? You can disagree with mine and Purp's opinion on Mitch Clark all you want, but I've yet to see a single legitimate argument trying to prove otherwise

Purple 77

Also interesting to see Josh Kelly is apparently Salem's BFF according to Demonland.

I think I remember hearing that at draft time actually. I'd happily trade a player + our first rounder for him, if he wanted to come back home.

Big Mac

Quote from: Purple 77 on May 18, 2015, 09:39:34 PM
Also interesting to see Josh Kelly is apparently Salem's BFF according to Demonland.

I think I remember hearing that at draft time actually. I'd happily trade a player + our first rounder for him, if he wanted to come back home.

The Roos vs Beveridge discussion on there is pretty interesting. Makes you wonder if there is more Roos should be doing. Losing to the Hawks isn't the end of the world though, as some make it seem