Purple 77

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on May 07, 2015, 07:33:44 PM
Hopefully Toumpas isnt the sub

I hope so to.

Because hopefully that would mean he would be a late withdrawal  :P

Quote from: GoLions on May 07, 2015, 07:41:39 PM
STREEEEEEEEEEEEEEETCH

Likely to be sub or someone else? I wanna play him in BXVs haha

Nah the green vest has Stretch written all over it... also, GO STRETCH! WHOO!

But wow at these 4 changes! tbh I only expected Dawes/McKenzie swap... think Grimes and Michie were a little hard done by.

GoLions

Quote from: Purple 77 on May 07, 2015, 07:43:31 PM
STREEEEEEEEEEEEEEETCH

But wow at these 4 changes! tbh I only expected Dawes/McKenzie swap... think Grimes and Michie were a little hard done by.
I'll whack him in the mids and make Cotchin sub hahaha

Purple 77

Quote from: GoLions on May 07, 2015, 07:45:03 PM
STREEEEEEEEEEEEEEETCH

Oh GL, you're talking BS (Billy Stretch :P)

powersuperkents

I get the feeling that Paul Roos doesn't like Grimes  :P

He was one of their best during the club's dark era, but maybe that was his time. Might not be a strong player in an improving side. Hopefully that's not the case, I think he should be utilised as a rebounding halfback rather than a midfielder.

Jordie McKenzie... I'm surprised Roos hasn't delisted him yet. How has he been in the AFL for so long! haha

Stretch will be interesting to watch (a bargain in the draft)

Spencer looks to be the club second ruck (over Gawn who I drafted in the AmericaXVIIIs - but have Jamar as my secondary ruck to Lobbe), a lot of responsibility for him this week - Pyke is quite underrated. Why was Jamar omitted though, he was doing quite well considering the fact that he's 31 and the sole ruckman of the team (his season objective was to play every game this year  :( ). It says omitted but I think that it has more to do with resting tbh 

Big Mac

Quote from: powersuperkents on May 07, 2015, 07:51:05 PM

He was one of their best during the club's dark era, but maybe that was his time. Might not be a strong player in an improving side. Hopefully that's not the case, I think he should be utilised as a rebounding halfback rather than a midfielder.

Jordie McKenzie... I'm surprised Roos hasn't delisted him yet. How has he been in the AFL for so long! haha

Spencer looks to be the club second ruck (over Gawn who I drafted in the AmericaXVIIIs - but have Jamar as my secondary ruck to Lobbe), a lot of responsibility for him this week - Pyke is quite underrated. Why was Jamar omitted though, he was doing quite well considering the fact that he's 31 and the sole ruckman of the team (his season objective was to play every game this year  :( ). It says omitted but I think that it has more to do with resting tbh

Spencer has been having some real high possession numbers in the VFL so hopefully he can bring it to AFL level as well. He needs a chance to show what he's got, and it's not going to be as a second-ruck. Jamar a bit unlucky - although he does need a rest after facing some tough opponents. Doesn't offer much around the ground either though which could be part of the reason.

Purple 77

Quote from: Big  Mac on May 07, 2015, 07:55:48 PM
Quote from: powersuperkents on May 07, 2015, 07:51:05 PM

Spencer has been having some real high possession numbers in the VFL so hopefully he can bring it to AFL level as well. He needs a chance to show what he's got, and it's not going to be as a second-ruck. Jamar a bit unlucky - although he does need a rest after facing some tough opponents. Doesn't offer much around the ground either though which could be part of the reason.

I actually think Jamar was dropped; Spencer has just been too good at VFL this year. Jamar has been doing a good job, but his main criticism over his career has been that he doesn't do much around the ground... but I guess as long as you keep winning the taps, then that doesn't really matter. Despite this, I think Spencer has forced his way in through his ability to do more than Jamar, even though he is inferior in regards to tap-work.

Mailman the 2nd

Yeah I'll be keen to see how Jake Spencer goes, Pyke really dominated against the weak Roughead/Cordy.

Purple 77

Am also a little surprised that we have brought in BOTH Toumpas and Stretch, both of whom are physically on the light side, compared to the strong midfielders of Sydney.

I would have thought this is the sort of match Michie... even Riley would like.

Big Mac

Quote from: Purple 77 on May 07, 2015, 08:08:26 PM
Am also a little surprised that we have brought in BOTH Toumpas and Stretch, both of whom are physically on the light side, compared to the strong midfielders of Sydney.

I guess we would be very one-paced with Michie and Riley in the side

Toumpas and Stretch would change things up a bit?

Purple 77

Quote from: Big  Mac on May 07, 2015, 08:43:16 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on May 07, 2015, 08:08:26 PM

I guess we would be very one-paced with Michie and Riley in the side

Toumpas and Stretch would change things up a bit?

Oh I wouldn't have both Michie/Riley, like I wouldn't have both Toumpas/Stretch

I probably would have kept Michie in the side and brought Stretch in. I still stand by that Toumpas shouldn't play AFL this year. I'm not saying I haven't totally given up on him, but at the moment, I reckon he will just keep on being brought in, have a disappointing match, get low on confidence, get dropped to VFL, which deflates him even more, and the cycle just repeats.

GoLions

Quote from: Purple 77 on May 07, 2015, 07:50:30 PM
STREEEEEEEEEEEEEEETCH

I didn't name him on field and now he's not sub :'(
I blame you entirely Purps if I lose my match this week haha

Purple 77

Quote from: GoLions on May 09, 2015, 07:10:28 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on May 07, 2015, 07:50:30 PM
STREEEEEEEEEEEEEEETCH

I didn't name him on field and now he's not sub :'(
I blame you entirely Purps if I lose my match this week haha

I'm sorry  :'(  I'm genuinely surprised  :D