Main Menu

Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Melbourne have done very well here  :D one of the most dangerous small forwards from 2011-2013, and we get him with a fourth rounder.

Absolutely stoked!

Big Mac

Nige

I think this is more good news boys.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-09/demons-content-with-picks-two-and-three

Looks like you're keeping two and three.

Means Brayshaw is definitely yours. I wonder who you guys will grab with 3... McCartin or Wright?

Toga

Will be interesting... Imagine a fwd line of McCartin and Hogan in five years time! ;)

Nige

Quote from: Toga on October 09, 2014, 06:27:38 PM
Will be interesting... Imagine a fwd line of McCartin and Hogan in five years time! ;)
And my man Kris Doors.

Big Mac

Roos has stated several times that he prefers to recruit KPFs from other clubs - Apparently special TAC rules make it much harder to judge them. Doubt we will take McCartin/Wright and i'm pretty sure he's already said we won't. I wonder who we would take though?

Purple 77

Surely the saints will be draft a key forward with pick 1 instead of going Petrecca? They need someone to help Nroo?

Oh wait... Membrey. Damn.

Nah I don't think Roos will get a KPP either. Pretty sure he's not keen to get more longer-term options and try to limit the rebuild period. Which is just one of the reasons I love this man.

Toga

That will make it interesting though, as apart from Petracca, Heeney and Brayshaw there aren't any other real standouts!

Purple 77

Also, I still think we'll trade one of them. Melbourne announced something like this this time last year with Pick 2 yeah? I reckon it's just a strategy, a message to rival clubs that melbourne aren't forcing themselves to trade one of these picks, and will encourage serious offers.

Still early days in the trade period. My tip is that Pick 3 will be involved in another Tyson-esque deal.

Nige

Quote from: Big  Mac on October 09, 2014, 06:33:53 PM
Roos has stated several times that he prefers to recruit KPFs from other clubs - Apparently special TAC rules make it much harder to judge them. Doubt we will take McCartin/Wright and i'm pretty sure he's already said we won't. I wonder who we would take though?
It's probably going to be a Bontempelli style situation where the Dees see somebody they like that could/should go a bit later than 3 but at the same time getting them with it is justified.

Purple 77

Quote from: Toga on October 09, 2014, 06:47:55 PM
That will make it interesting though, as apart from Petracca, Heeney and Brayshaw there aren't any other real standouts!

Another reason to trade Pick 3  :P

Purple 77

Devastating  :'(

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2014-10-14/trengove-reaggravates-navicular-injury

But I finally see the reason why we might have traded him  ::) Good to hear he is sticking around though, even if we might only see him in 2016  :-\

Big Mac

:( Wonder if Richmond discovered the problem

Toga

Sounds like it did come up in the medical they did with Jack at Richmond :(

Really harsh news for him but sounds like he's in pretty good spirits about it and thinks he can come through it all, all the best to him

Grazz

GWS has just traded Sam Frost, picks 40 & 53 to Melbourne for its pick 23