Main Menu

Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Its almost a literal bird in the hand, two in the bush scenario

Purple 77

I still think Pick 3 + Toumpas for Danger, then use Pick 2 in either another trade or draft Brayshaw or Petrecca.

kilbluff1985

ok this what you do

trade pick 3 to Collingwood for Lamumba and pick 9

trade pick 2 and pick 9 for Danger

so Dees get Danger and Lamumba for picks 2 and 3

Purple 77

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 26, 2014, 07:47:11 PM
ok this what you do

I don't mind this actually.

Jay

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 27, 2014, 09:55:22 AM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 26, 2014, 07:47:11 PM
ok this what you do

I don't mind this actually.
No way Crows do that

Holz

Quote from: MTTY on September 25, 2014, 10:08:56 PM
I'm thinking that Roos will broker a deal with GC for pick 3 (if we get it) for a player and one of their first rounders (maybe a swap of later picks too). We will then on trade pick 2 and the other pick from GC to Adelaide for Danger (possible swap of later picks again).

This also helps GC by giving them an early pick to try and lure Beams.

Something like this:

Melbourne Gives: Pick 2, Pick 3, Pick 15
Melbourne Receives: Jesse Lonergan (example of a GC player), Patrick Dangerfield

GC Gives: Pick 15, Jesse Lonergan, Pick 3
GC Receives: Dayne Beams, Collingwood 3rd/4th rounder

Adelaide Gives: Patrick Dangerfield
Adelaide Receives: Pick 2, Pick 15

Collingwood Gives: Dayne Beams, 3rd/4th rounder
Collingwood Receives: Pick 3

There would also be some swapping of picks chucked in there. From this it could probably be argued that GC overpays for Beams, so something extra would need to be thrown in by Melbourne i'd say.

I dont get this why is Collingwood trading Beams + 3rd rounder for pick 3. Yet GC giving up 15 3 and lonergan just for Beams anf the 4th rounder, shouldnt it cost them just pick 3.

MTTY

Quote from: Holzman on September 27, 2014, 07:46:02 PM
Quote from: MTTY on September 25, 2014, 10:08:56 PM
I'm thinking that Roos will broker a deal with GC for pick 3 (if we get it) for a player and one of their first rounders (maybe a swap of later picks too). We will then on trade pick 2 and the other pick from GC to Adelaide for Danger (possible swap of later picks again).

This also helps GC by giving them an early pick to try and lure Beams.

Something like this:

Melbourne Gives: Pick 2, Pick 3, Pick 15
Melbourne Receives: Jesse Lonergan (example of a GC player), Patrick Dangerfield

GC Gives: Pick 15, Jesse Lonergan, Pick 3
GC Receives: Dayne Beams, Collingwood 3rd/4th rounder

Adelaide Gives: Patrick Dangerfield
Adelaide Receives: Pick 2, Pick 15

Collingwood Gives: Dayne Beams, 3rd/4th rounder
Collingwood Receives: Pick 3

There would also be some swapping of picks chucked in there. From this it could probably be argued that GC overpays for Beams, so something extra would need to be thrown in by Melbourne i'd say.

I dont get this why is Collingwood trading Beams + 3rd rounder for pick 3. Yet GC giving up 15 3 and lonergan just for Beams anf the 4th rounder, shouldnt it cost them just pick 3.

Yeah it's just my way of showing that it's being on traded by GC, but yeah probably just should have done overall gains and losses from the start to the end of  the deals.

nrich102

Won't happen anyway, Beams is coming to Brisbane.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: nrich102 on September 28, 2014, 12:46:59 PM

so he can make it harder for his brother to get a game?

nrich102

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 28, 2014, 05:42:46 PM
Quote from: nrich102 on September 28, 2014, 12:46:59 PM

so he can make it harder for his brother to get a game?
pretty much :P

Ringo

Gold Coast have withdrawn from the race for Beams so you may have to rework MTTY

Bill Manspeaker

this may have already been covered but do you guys think the Dees fans will boo Mitch Clark?

Capper

Mitch Clark going to the cats

Rusty00

Quote from: brad on September 30, 2014, 02:43:41 PM
this may have already been covered but do you guys think the Dees fans will boo Mitch Clark?
Definitely. Majority of fans boo the majority of players who previously played with their club. It's just the way AFL is. Doesn't necessarily mean you dislike that player or hold it against them for leaving (although obviously there are instances where this is the case).

And when it happens, there will be people who say "oh, that's inconsiderate and uncalled because he had depression", but it has nothing to do with it.

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Rusty00 on September 30, 2014, 02:49:35 PM
Quote from: brad on September 30, 2014, 02:43:41 PM
Definitely. Majority of fans boo the majority of players who previously played with their club. It's just the way AFL is. Doesn't necessarily mean you dislike that player or hold it against them for leaving (although obviously there are instances where this is the case).

And when it happens, there will be people who say "oh, that's inconsiderate and uncalled because he had depression", but it has nothing to do with it.
yep right with you