Main Menu

Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

He'd be a big get for you guys.

Big Mac

Not sure what to think about Danger. Of course I would love him and the benefits he would bring to the club before he even plays a game would be massive just from a marketing perspective. But it would cost a considerable amount to get him here (I'm thinking picks 2 and 3?), and that just doesn't seem to be Roosy's way. Would he really 'put all his eggs in the one basket'? Or is it more likely he will aim to get several high quality players rather than just the cream of the crop?

Nige

Roos is a big Brayshaw fan, we know that. You'd think Pick 3 would be used to lure somebody else other than Danger to the Dees.

Purple 77

Quote from: Big  Mac on September 25, 2014, 04:12:30 PM
Not sure what to think about Danger. Of course I would love him and the benefits he would bring to the club before he even plays a game would be massive just from a marketing perspective. But it would cost a considerable amount to get him here (I'm thinking picks 2 and 3?), and that just doesn't seem to be Roosy's way. Would he really 'put all his eggs in the one basket'? Or is it more likely he will aim to get several high quality players rather than just the cream of the crop?

I did think about the price, and me personally would be against giving both pick 2 and 3. You raise a good point, but I think it's time melbourne did get that absolute star... it would probably boost the players around him. IMO, I would prefer one Dangerfield over say, 3 Lumumba's (i.e. quality players).

And as you say, we need that marketing player.

Do we look at giving Pick 3 + Toumpas? Or persevere with him? I personally think Pick 2 of this year (maybe Christian Petrecca) would be a better choice than Toumpas, so if Adelaide would accept Pick 3 + Toumpas with the alternative being Picks 2 and 3, I'd give up Toumpas.

ossie85

wait, what?

Is Dangerfield to Melbourne a thing?

Purple 77

Quote from: ossie85 on September 25, 2014, 04:20:23 PM

wait, what?

Is Dangerfield to Melbourne a thing?

Just the latest craze in the rumour mill, probably won't happen. Still, one can dream...

Purple 77

MTTY

I'm thinking that Roos will broker a deal with GC for pick 3 (if we get it) for a player and one of their first rounders (maybe a swap of later picks too). We will then on trade pick 2 and the other pick from GC to Adelaide for Danger (possible swap of later picks again).

This also helps GC by giving them an early pick to try and lure Beams.

Something like this:

Melbourne Gives: Pick 2, Pick 3, Pick 15
Melbourne Receives: Jesse Lonergan (example of a GC player), Patrick Dangerfield

GC Gives: Pick 15, Jesse Lonergan, Pick 3
GC Receives: Dayne Beams, Collingwood 3rd/4th rounder

Adelaide Gives: Patrick Dangerfield
Adelaide Receives: Pick 2, Pick 15

Collingwood Gives: Dayne Beams, 3rd/4th rounder
Collingwood Receives: Pick 3

There would also be some swapping of picks chucked in there. From this it could probably be argued that GC overpays for Beams, so something extra would need to be thrown in by Melbourne i'd say.

ossie85

Crazy if you think the pies need to give a pick as well for Beams.

Jay

Crows would need two top 5 picks to trade Danger imo.

Grazz

Agree Jay pick 2 and pick 15 wont get it done. Think its a pipe dream Danger to the Dee's.

Purple 77

If Melbourne have to give both Pick 2 and 3 for Danger, then there would be more to the deal. Roos wouldn't give both of them, just for Danger alone.

ossie85

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 26, 2014, 09:15:12 AM
If Melbourne have to give both Pick 2 and 3 for Danger, then there would be more to the deal. Roos wouldn't give both of them, just for Danger alone.

Danger would be worth it

Toga

For the Dees, yeah I agree he would definitely be worth it. Just the kind of player you guys need to recruit

Rusty00

Danger might be worth Picks 2 & 3, but it wouldn't be worth it for the Dees to give up that much. Danger would be great for them, but in their situation they need to keep at least one of those picks to draft a young gun IMO.