Main Menu

Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

He looks so much better without the beard  :P

But yeah, wouldn't have been a pleasant day for him today.

Big Mac

Nice picture by the way - he deserves some love after the year he's had. So damn consistent that you forget how good he is, which probably makes him one of the most underrated players in the comp. 1st for effective disposals, 2nd for total disposals, 4th for clearances, 14th for contested possessions and 15th for tackles

Capper

So who do the Dees delist?

Purple 77

Quote from: Big  Mac on August 31, 2014, 09:57:25 PM
Nice picture by the way - he deserves some love after the year he's had. So damn consistent that you forget how good he is, which probably makes him one of the most underrated players in the comp. 1st for effective disposals, 2nd for total disposals, 4th for clearances, 14th for contested possessions and 15th for tackles

Thanks, and he certainly does. I even could be guilty of underrating him; I admit I was very surprised to see how well he fares in some stats when I looked him up a few days ago.

4th in clearances is the worst clearance side of the comp I think? Or are we second worst? Absolute gun.

Quote from: tabs on August 31, 2014, 10:58:03 PM

Blease, Strauss, Tapscott, Nicholson, Evans, just off the top of my head.

I really wanted Terlich on that list, but not to be... but Mac made the good point of the potential case of melbourne delisting too many players at once.

Capper

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 01, 2014, 09:43:39 AM
Quote from: tabs on August 31, 2014, 10:58:03 PM

Blease, Strauss, Tapscott, Nicholson, Evans, just off the top of my head.

I really wanted Terlich on that list, but not to be... but Mac made the good point of the potential case of melbourne delisting too many players at once.
So along with Frawley and maybe Watts there will be a massive cleanout then.

Will be interesting as Roos didnt really build up the Swans list he added to it. Will be interesting to see how he build the team

Purple 77

Watts gets ridiculously too much criticism, and I'm really sick of defending him.

I really do doubt he will be traded.

Quote from: tabs on September 01, 2014, 12:01:39 PM
Will be interesting as Roos didnt really build up the Swans list he added to it. Will be interesting to see how he build the team

Very. I reckon when Frawley leaves, it is an extremely high chance Pick 3 will be traded. So that will be exciting to see.

Ricochet

Big Mac

The most interesting part of that article is that it says we have made 3 list changes (Nicholson, Clisby and Byrnes), but it doesn't mention Clark...

Ricochet

Quote from: Big  Mac on September 02, 2014, 05:59:00 PM
The most interesting part of that article is that it says we have made 3 list changes (Nicholson, Clisby and Byrnes), but it doesn't mention Clark...
A chance to come out of retirement?

kilbluff1985

wonder if Clisby is a chance to get drafted

he looked ok in the games he played last year

Purple 77

Fairly surprised about Clisby really.

Big Mac

Quote from: Ricochet on September 02, 2014, 06:00:31 PM
Quote from: Big  Mac on September 02, 2014, 05:59:00 PM
A chance to come out of retirement?

There is a rumour circulating that he will decide in the next few weeks - but it's good to know that he is still on our list

Mr.Craig

I didn't think it was possible for Roos to dislike Terlich any more than he already did. And then...

Purple 77

Quote from: Mr.Craig on September 02, 2014, 07:24:59 PM
I didn't think it was possible for Roos to dislike Terlich any more than he already did. And then...

Which is why i was especially surprised when Terlich was re-signed a week or 2 ago

Nige

Just hanging around so the Dees have somebody to delist next year.  :P