Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

far out, imagine a forward line of Cameron, Hogan and Dawes

Big Mac

Quote from: Ricochet on July 23, 2014, 10:13:36 AM

Hence the crying with happiness  :P

Even though I don't think we'll get him, I hope Melbourne are offering GWS every deal under the sun to land JC and Shiel

Ricochet

Quote from: Big  Mac on July 24, 2014, 07:40:06 AM

Even though I don't think we'll get him, I hope Melbourne are offering GWS every deal under the sun to land JC and Shiel
haha I would too. We've been trying to land a gun fwd for years. Just can't get them to come to sunny WA

Ziplock

Quote from: Ricochet on July 24, 2014, 10:03:51 AM
Quote from: Big  Mac on July 24, 2014, 07:40:06 AM

haha I would too. We've been trying to land a gun fwd for years. Just can't get them to come to sunny WA

You'd have to offer a ridiculous amount to get both of them...

Big Mac

Purple 77

Quote from: Big  Mac on July 26, 2014, 09:32:38 AM
http://instagram.com/p/q0jrmWuXJN/

Tyson getting in Tomlinson's ear?  :P  ;)

:P he wouldn't be too bad actually, could maybe fill Clark's void (or try to at least)?

Ricochet

Mark Robbo just stated that Paul Roos has signed on for a 3rd year

Purple 77

Very pleasing news, as I'm sure it is for all dees supporters

Purple 77

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-07-30/okeefe-open-to-offers

For some strange reason, I just feel like he will be playing for us next year.

Wouldn't be the worst idea in the world. He's old, sure. But hey, that would mean tougher competition for midfield spots, more instant competitiveness... I guess we need to inject some more experience in our team with Byrnes gone. I like to believe he had a valuable off-field contribution, so thank you Byrnes.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Purple 77 on July 31, 2014, 09:41:40 AM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-07-30/okeefe-open-to-offers

For some strange reason, I just feel like he will be playing for us next year.

Wouldn't be the worst idea in the world. He's old, sure. But hey, that would mean tougher competition for midfield spots, more instant competitiveness... I guess we need to inject some more experience in our team with Byrnes gone. I like to believe he had a valuable off-field contribution, so thank you Byrnes.

i think you would be better off playing him forward

Ricochet

I'm still not sure I understand why Melb would go after guys like Malceski and ROK. Sure they add experience and can teach the kids for the couple of years they would be there, but they don't seem like a right fit for Melb imo

Purple 77

Quote from: Ricochet on July 31, 2014, 09:48:38 AM
I'm still not sure I understand why Melb would go after guys like Malceski and ROK. Sure they add experience and can teach the kids for the couple of years they would be there, but they don't seem like a right fit for Melb imo

Valid point, and I had the same view for a number of years. But, given the success of Cross, and I guess you could say Vince (who is still has a good few years left), the impact they have had is immeasurable. Not only in terms of instant on-field competitiveness, but just the professionalism and quality they bring to the club. Not many possess that at the Demons, which makes it all the more important to add to our club.

It also makes the younger players fight harder for their spots and releases pressure off them, so I don't really see any negatives in recruiting an old player or 2.

Ricochet

Quote from: Purple 77 on July 31, 2014, 12:21:03 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on July 31, 2014, 09:48:38 AM

Valid point, and I had the same view for a number of years. But, given the success of Cross, and I guess you could say Vince (who is still has a good few years left), the impact they have had is immeasurable. Not only in terms of instant on-field competitiveness, but just the professionalism and quality they bring to the club. Not many possess that at the Demons, which makes it all the more important to add to our club.

It also makes the younger players fight harder for their spots and releases pressure off them, so I don't really see any negatives in recruiting an old player or 2.
I was actually thinking of Cross after I typed that. He certainly has added to the club on and off the field. Do you think 1 or 2 more may be a bit too many? Was Cross on a 1 year deal? I guess it comes down to price as well.

Mat0369

O'Keefe would be an on field coach to help implement the game plan.

Ricochet

Quote from: Mat0369 on July 31, 2014, 12:27:57 PM
O'Keefe would be an on field coach to help implement the game plan.
He'd need to be there for longer than a year then. There's senior guys at Melb who have already been under Roos for a year and would have a much better grasp on the game plan than ROK would coming into a new club. I'm certainly not doubting the leadership and work ethic he would bring to the club but just don't think he is right for Melb.