Main Menu

Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mac

Oh okay - The melb website isn't loading for me for some reason :/

That does seem to be a reoccurring theme with Gawn, not sure if he just doesn't have the peripheral vision or the mids around him don't really know where to run.

I would like to see Blease get a run, would be his last chance you'd think.

Big Mac

Gawn with 45 hitouts and 4 goals today. 22 disposals as well. Nicholson also pushing for a recall with 40 disposals

Purple 77

Yep. Gawn well and truly deserves a spot now.

Gonna put that Nicholson performance as an anomaly. But good performance all the same.

Strauss had 33... strange how Nicholson and Strauss combine for 73 disposals!

Purple 77

When I read that stupid article, I was furious. It was after Kelly played 2 games! How can they make definitive career achievements for him after 2 freaking games?! All the while Tyson was getting 25+ disposals and the article made very little mention of a certain gem called Salem.

Sam Edmund should be sacked or made to be forced to apologise, made those stupid calls with not enough knowledge; It's what I thought at time, is what Roos said a few weeks later, and it is what I think now.

I honestly can't understand why people are dismissing that Tyson isn't showing the signs of a star? Have they been paying attention to his year? At the age of 21?

Big Mac

An abhorrent article. And then they mention that Tyson was 10th in the AFL for disposals and 11th for CP's at the time? As if it doesn't count because Kelly could be a brownlow medallist

Mat0369

I was just listening to Roos on Footy Classified about the succession plan. He said he will be in the job for 3 years max. He wants a successor that has the same views on Footy as himself. The one guy I would instantly think of is Brett Kirk but I just read he signed for 2015 at Freo.

It also looks more then likely that Frawley isn't signing. He won't even look at a deal from Melbourne yet.

Big Mac

Roos has had a chat to Ling so he could be a candidate - good footy brain and well liked

Yeh I think you're right about Frawley unfortunately. He claims he's frustrated at being asked about whether he is leaving or staying but he isn't giving the fans any indication. Probably not good for the younger guys either, seeing a leader of the club express their uncertainty about the club's future and not wanting to commit.

Mat0369

Quote from: Big  Mac on July 21, 2014, 11:07:14 PM
Roos has had a chat to Ling so he could be a candidate - good footy brain and well liked

Yeh I think you're right about Frawley unfortunately. He claims he's frustrated at being asked about whether he is leaving or staying but he isn't giving the fans any indication. Probably not good for the younger guys either, seeing a leader of the club express their uncertainty about the club's future and not wanting to commit.

They also played a grab of what Ling said on radio on the weekend. Ling said he was unsure if he wanted to coach and gave an example of he wasn't sure if he could sit there and work through 20 hours of game film in front of a computer a week.  When they spoke to Roos about Ling he said Cam said the exact same thing to him in their meeting. This would mean that Ling is not a candidate for the succession plan and that is not what they spoke to him about, they spoke to Cam about becoming an assistant coach and not the head coach. Also if he is looking for someone with similar philosophies about footy, the Geelong game plan might not necessarily mesh.

Big Mac

Quote from: Mat0369 on July 21, 2014, 11:13:07 PM

They also played a grab of what Ling said on radio on the weekend. Ling said he was unsure if he wanted to coach and gave an example of he wasn't sure if he could sit there and work through 20 hours of game film in front of a computer a week.  When they spoke to Roos about Ling he said Cam said the exact same thing to him in their meeting. This would mean that Ling is not a candidate for the succession plan and that is not what they spoke to him about, they spoke to Cam about becoming an assistant coach and not the head coach. Also if he is looking for someone with similar philosophies about footy, the Geelong game plan might not necessarily mesh.

Yeh good points - you've thought about it more than me I think  :P Maybe one of the assistant coaches could step up? The defensive coach especially has done very well this year, name is escaping me though - has a few years in the system as well from memory

Mailman the 2nd

Just let him leave, the compo you'll get will be worth more to Roos

MTTY

Quote from: Big  Mac on July 22, 2014, 08:25:00 PM
Quote from: Mat0369 on July 21, 2014, 11:13:07 PM

Yeh good points - you've thought about it more than me I think  :P Maybe one of the assistant coaches could step up? The defensive coach especially has done very well this year, name is escaping me though - has a few years in the system as well from memory

Jade Rawlings, I believe Big Mac.  :)

Wouldn't mind him taking over at all. I believe he was a caretaker coach for Richmond once too.

kilbluff1985

a facebook page is claiming Melbourne are front runners to acquire Jeremy Cameron

the page just spreads rumours and stuff but this one isn't that hard to believe

Big Mac

I would probably cry with happiness if that happened kb but I just don't think it will - He's a very talented player and one that will attract people to come to GWS games in the future - which is exactly what the AFL needs to expand the comp, and what GWS needs to eventually stand on their own two feet

Purple 77

Quote from: Big  Mac on July 22, 2014, 09:05:21 PM
I would probably cry with happiness if that happened kb but I just don't think it will - He's a very talented player and one that will attract people to come to GWS games in the future - which is exactly what the AFL needs to expand the comp, and what GWS needs to eventually stand on their own two feet

I too, would cry with happiness.

But also think it probably won't happen  :(

Think the Dees are more likely to go and poach 1 or 2 more GWS midfielders... Shiel has been linked to us for a long time, and I'd take the punt on Jon O'Rourke as well. Is out of contract, played very few games, former draft pick number 2, victorian...

Could we pull off a second round draft pick for O'Rourke steal? Worked OK for  Polec and mummies boys...