Main Menu

Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinny

Knew picking up Dunn in XVs would be a good move. Had faith in him and he has been great this year!

Noz

Quote from: MTTY on June 11, 2014, 10:21:32 PM
Quote from: Noz on June 11, 2014, 10:19:15 PM
Nevilla Jetta's turnaround is looking very nicely indeed.

Very much so. I feel Bail doesn't earn as much praise as Jetta and Pedersen have for their improvement. Been very very good .

Bail's kicking at times can be quite poor maybe thats why he isn't talked up as highly as the other 2?

When you have young guys like Barry, Harmes and Michie performing nicely in the reserves all of a sudden theres some very good depth there. Obviously Barry and Harmes may be a season or 2 away from regular birth but the future is looking bright.

Nige

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-06-11/rookie-watch

The above article was a great read (for all clubs).

We all obviously know a bit about Jetta and Georgiou by now, but what do Dees fans think of Harmes and King? Do you guys think they'll ever become long term players at Melbourne?

Personally, I really like the look of Harmes.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Vinny on June 11, 2014, 10:27:00 PM
Quote from: MTTY on June 11, 2014, 10:19:54 PM
Have to say, I'm enjoying the healthy & friendly banter/conversation with another teams supporters. I always knew you Carlton guys weren't so bad.  :D
Hahaha was gonna say the exact same thing in the Coaches Banter & Vent Thread but the 30 second posting thing came up. It's good as even though it is distracting me from doing my homework right now. :P

KB stop. :P Murphy is a Blue for life.

kill joy

MTTY

Thats actually very true on Bail, on all points. I've always rated him, but yes the concussion set him back majorly (even looked like he may retire due to them at one stage). His kicking is his weak point, but he's getting a lot better at that and the decision making aspect.

On Harmes and Barry: I suspect we'll see Harmes sooner rather than later. That lung puncture really set him back, as he was traveling along nicely in the VFL. Barry is very much so a project player and I can't see him debuting until at least the end of this season.

MTTY

Quote from: NigeyS on June 11, 2014, 10:34:29 PM

We all obviously know a bit about Jetta and Georgiou by now, but what do Dees fans think of Harmes and King? Do you guys think they'll ever become long term players at Melbourne?

Harmes looks like a very good player. Has the right attributes. Personally thought he was on his way to an early elevation and debut, but that injury set him back a little.

King I can see as a long term player, but I reckon he'll be a forward more than a ruck. Needs to put on a lot of weight and muscle though. Contests well for his build and is a nice mark.

Nige

Quote from: MTTY on June 11, 2014, 10:38:46 PM

Harmes looks like a very good player. Has the right attributes. Personally thought he was on his way to an early elevation and debut, but that injury set him back a little.

King I can see as a long term player, but I reckon he'll be a forward more than a ruck. Needs to put on a lot of weight and muscle though. Contests well for his build and is a nice mark.
If the Dees only elevate one player off the rookie list, who would you like it to be - I'd assume one of Jetta or Georgiou?

MTTY

Quote from: NigeyS on June 11, 2014, 10:41:24 PM
Quote from: MTTY on June 11, 2014, 10:38:46 PM

If the Dees only elevate one player off the rookie list, who would you like it to be - I'd assume one of Jetta or Georgiou?

If we didn't have an excessive list of good KPD's then I'd say Georgiou. If all was equal, and therefore it was simply rookie v rookie then I'd say Jetta has earned it.

My Chumps

Must say, I do love seeing Melbourne supporters up and about and excited for the future!

Ringo

As I have said previously looking forward to the clash of Melbourne and Brisbane in August where imo the stars of the future will clash and give both clubs an idea of where they are.  Wish it was at the Gabba though not Ethad but thats the draw.

Have pinched your idea and started a best 12 list in the Brisbane thread.  Both teams on the up and can see both playing finals sooner rather than later.

MTTY

It's good to know we're going in the right direction and now have a game plan that works.

Barra13

Barra13

On another note, Sylvia gets his first game for Freo, could be an interesting watch.

Purple 77

God I hope Nicholson doesn't play ahead of the other ins

Purple 77

Quote from: Barra13 on June 12, 2014, 07:07:12 PM
On another note, Sylvia gets his first game for Freo, could be an interesting watch.

I was a very happy man when he left. At the time, I haven't been that happy since Melb traded Cale.