Main Menu

Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Quote from: MTTY on June 11, 2014, 09:14:55 PM
Quote from: Big  Mac on June 11, 2014, 09:09:37 PM
Thoughts on our rucks guys? I think we need to trade in someone who won't be a liability around the ground, as I just don't think Gawn has developed enough to take over from Jamar straight away, and I don't think Spencer has the tools to fit that criteria. Sinclair/Blicavs would be very nice

I actually am not Spencer's biggest fan. Personally think we should have on gave him a one year extension, if any at all.

We definitely need to trade in a ruckman or draft a mature aged one. Also would't mind listing a younger one.

Currie, Redden or Lycett/Sinclair would be gettable I feel.

Yeah. I admire how hard he works, and he tackles more often than our other rucks, but he is a bit of a liability. I would hold off trading for a ruckman until Russian retires, to give the other 3 some more development time. We have other pressing trade concerns IMO

Purple 77

Quote from: MTTY on June 11, 2014, 09:15:31 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on June 11, 2014, 09:12:28 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on June 11, 2014, 09:06:51 PM
Toumpas is crap, so give him back to us for a bag of chips? Ok deal, JT wears fruit-loops next season ;D

Lol, do you hear me typing about Toumpas or something  :P how the heck did know to read here?!

But anyway, this was Toumpas' most recent VFL review on the weekend:

Jimmy Toumpas: Jimmy played wing and half-forward. He had 11 disposals. It was an off-day for Jimmy this week. Conditions were difficult, but he was very fumbly and he certainly needs to play with a lot more strength to hold his ground and his position in contests. We know he

I swear Toumpas is the only player who has not gained confidence under Roos.

He just has this sooky attitude after a bad performance, which destroys any scraps of confidence. Which is really the only reason he is my guy I love to hate.

MTTY

Quote from: Purple 77 on June 11, 2014, 09:18:46 PM
Quote from: MTTY on June 11, 2014, 09:15:31 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on June 11, 2014, 09:12:28 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on June 11, 2014, 09:06:51 PM
Toumpas is crap, so give him back to us for a bag of chips? Ok deal, JT wears fruit-loops next season ;D

Lol, do you hear me typing about Toumpas or something  :P how the heck did know to read here?!

But anyway, this was Toumpas' most recent VFL review on the weekend:

Jimmy Toumpas: Jimmy played wing and half-forward. He had 11 disposals. It was an off-day for Jimmy this week. Conditions were difficult, but he was very fumbly and he certainly needs to play with a lot more strength to hold his ground and his position in contests. We know he

I swear Toumpas is the only player who has not gained confidence under Roos.

He just has this sooky attitude after a bad performance, which destroys any scraps of confidence. Which is really the only reason he is my guy I love to hate.

I still feel it's more so the whole Watts before 2014. Lacks confidence, feels the teams performance is on his shoulders, worries about contests and physicality and struggles with being a number 4 draft pick.

tbagrocks

Think it's best served for everyone that you give him back to us (I say give him back as, every SA wanted him in 2011 after he won the finals and took a Premiership away from Centrals)

Actually am serious here, Crows give first/second rounder or Lyons for Jimmy + third rounder or something

Am sue he will blossom once home, Victoria doesn't suit everyone you know :P

P.S haha well, I follow certain threads that interest me :P  and Roos interests me so interested to see what others especially Dee fans have to say :) (also interested to see what people say about Jimmy, as he will be a crow someday :P )

Although that's what we said about Gibbs ::)

MTTY

Quote from: tbagrocks on June 11, 2014, 09:30:49 PM
Crows give first/second rounder or Lyons for Jimmy + third rounder or something

Unless Smith, Tex, BCrouch, Sloane or Danger are involved in that trade, then no. :P

Vinny

Would you guys be interested in Kreuzer at all, he is 25 but still?

MTTY

Quote from: Vinny on June 11, 2014, 09:59:30 PM

That depends. Who for?  ???

Mat0369

Vinny

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 11, 2014, 10:03:12 PM
Hogan
BANG! DONE.

NICE DOING BUSINESS DEES.

Quote from: MTTY on June 11, 2014, 10:02:33 PM

Haha didn't really think about it. Just put it out there. But what would you give up for him?

MTTY

Mat0369

MTTY

Quote from: Vinny on June 11, 2014, 10:04:42 PM
Quote from: Mat0369 on June 11, 2014, 10:03:12 PM
Hogan
BANG! DONE.

NICE DOING BUSINESS DEES.

Quote from: MTTY on June 11, 2014, 10:02:33 PM

Haha didn't really think about it. Just put it out there. But what would you give up for him?

Our first round pick for your second rounder and Kreuzer.

Alternatively I don't think the players we'd willingly trade would be enough to make a viable deal.

kilbluff1985

MTTY

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 11, 2014, 10:08:47 PM
What about Warnock?

Not a fan. I liken him to a bigger, slightly better, but same skilled Spencer.

MTTY

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on June 11, 2014, 10:12:19 PM
Henderson for Hogan?

Nope, would take a higher pick as well to sweeten the deal. Hogan is basically off limits, except for players like Fyfe etc.