Main Menu

Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrich102

Maybe Melbourne hasn't really done all that well this year, they've just done an Essendon had communication with a sports scientists.

MTTY

On Pedo, his marking ability is spectacular. Compared to last season he's a revelation. Confidence is a wonderful thing.

Expect to see Kent come into the team this week. I reckon JKH will remain, Salem will be given a rest and McKenzie will come in for Gawn.

Barra13

Yeah that sounds about right to me for changes MTTY. I'm not sure about Mckenzie coming in though.

Purple 77

Quote from: Barra13 on June 10, 2014, 12:15:32 PM
Yeah that sounds about right to me for changes MTTY. I'm not sure about Mckenzie coming in though.

I like to think he has earned a call-up. Say what you will about what he may or may not produce, he has definitely earned a senior call up through his hard work.

Also agree with those changes MTTY...

Another guy has been Jetta. Another great performance by him on Elliot.

MTTY

Quote from: Purple 77 on June 10, 2014, 12:23:02 PM

I like to think he has earned a call-up. Say what you will about what he may or may not produce, he has definitely earned a senior call up through his hard work.

Also agree with those changes MTTY...

Another guy has been Jetta. Another great performance by him on Elliot.

Yeah Jetta, Bail and Pedersen all definitely in that improved group.

MTTY

McKenzie, as Purple said, has really earned his call-up. We're way too top heavy up front, so I see Kent being brought in for speed as a high half forward to replace a tall (Gawn) and McKenzie to give Salem a run in the VFL.

Barra13

Personally I'd like to run Riley over Mckenzie, Cross is doing an awesome job of tagging that we don't need another.

Purple 77

Just remembered we also have the talented Michie... I thought he was stiff to get dropped earlier in the year, then he got injured, surprisingly, I don't really know how he has been doing since he got back from injury.

tor01doc

Can't wait for Roos' Dees to play Lyons' Dockers.

Nil all draw looming - and you reckon soccer is boring.

Big Mac

Quote from: Purple 77 on June 10, 2014, 05:00:24 PM
Just remembered we also have the talented Michie... I thought he was stiff to get dropped earlier in the year, then he got injured, surprisingly, I don't really know how he has been doing since he got back from injury.

Has been racking it up but has also been poor defensively

MTTY

Quote from: Barra13 on June 10, 2014, 04:34:10 PM
Personally I'd like to run Riley over Mckenzie, Cross is doing an awesome job of tagging that we don't need another.

McKenzie's been training as an offensive mid (that can tag). Riley has seemed to have dropped down the pecking order, as McKenzie's been the first emergency.

Mailman the 2nd

It might be the Sydney Swans/Roos supporter in me but I really don't see why everyone thinks the style of play is so boring.

Would you rather see them try to go down the corridor and butcher the all horribly like they did for years? Makes every goal kicked important.

Its good that he's playing guys based on how they can pressure defensively rather than whether they collect possesions

Purple 77

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on June 10, 2014, 08:56:26 PM
It might be the Sydney Swans/Roos supporter in me but I really don't see why everyone thinks the style of play is so boring.

Would you rather see them try to go down the corridor and butcher the all horribly like they did for years? Makes every goal kicked important.

Its good that he's playing guys based on how they can pressure defensively rather than whether they collect possesions

Exactly it. Roos style of football is an acquired taste, one that I have grown quite accustomed too.

I personally enjoy the physical contest melbourne put out every week.

But 3 goals is unacceptable. Well, if collingwood kicked 2 goals, then it would be acceptable  :P

Vinny

Interesting Dees related conversation going on in the Blues board. Drop your thoughts Dees fans, I'm interested. ;)

GoLions

Quote from: Vinny on June 10, 2014, 09:57:18 PM
Interesting Dees related conversation going on in the Blues board. Drop your thoughts Dees fans, I'm interested. ;)
Dees >>> Blues