Main Menu

Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

I felt you guys deserved to win that game, so when you let Port run away with it in those 10 minutes as Purps said, I was a little disappointed. Some players played very well. Cam Pedersen looks a different player, Christian Salem is going to be a star, I thought Max Gawn was decent too actually.

MTTY

Quote from: NigeyS on June 01, 2014, 10:37:04 AM
I felt you guys deserved to win that game, so when you let Port run away with it in those 10 minutes as Purps said, I was a little disappointed. Some players played very well. Cam Pedersen looks a different player, Christian Salem is going to be a star, I thought Max Gawn was decent too actually.

Yeah I agree, we had a lot of good players yesterday. A few half performers though (only played well for a half).

This has been allowing us to make minimal changes each week, as no-one has been terrible. However there are a few, who have been poor over a period of a couple of weeks.

I'd make these changes this week (if VFL form allows it):

- Grimes -----> Clisby
- Toumpas -----> Michie/Kent
- Gawn (unlucky) -----> Dawes

Gawn stiff to miss out, however I can't see us going in with Gawn, Pedo, Frawley and Dawes all in the forward line. Unless Pedo or Frawley play back, I can't see Gawn in the team.

Nige

Would Grimes seriously be omitted for Clisby?

MTTY

Quote from: NigeyS on June 01, 2014, 10:44:17 AM
Would Grimes seriously be omitted for Clisby?

I doubt it, but he hasn't been good lately. Don't get me wrong his shutdown work has been great, but his disposal and attacking intent not so.

Purple 77

I say this in all seriousness, I think Toumpas should be relegated to the VFL for pretty much the whole year. It wasn't great form that he had that got him into the team, solid, but not at the level for a person of his apparent talent.

If he gets his disposals in the 30's for Casey for 2-3 weeks in a row, then by all means get him in the team. But he didn't do that.

Feel a little sorry for McKenzie. Tearing the numbers up for Casey, just a shame he can't dispose of it that well  :-\

Big Mac

Quote from: Purple 77 on June 01, 2014, 12:11:34 PM
I say this in all seriousness, I think Toumpas should be relegated to the VFL for pretty much the whole year. It wasn't great form that he had that got him into the team, solid, but not at the level for a person of his apparent talent.

If he gets his disposals in the 30's for Casey for 2-3 weeks in a row, then by all means get him in the team. But he didn't do that.

Feel a little sorry for McKenzie. Tearing the numbers up for Casey, just a shame he can't dispose of it that well  :-\

I agree with you here. I know I said I didn't understand the hate for him but that doesn't mean i don't want him to work for his spot.

MTTY

Pretty confident of getting close to, if not winning, this week. Pies have a number of outs, and with Dawes back I think we'll stretch them.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: MTTY on June 02, 2014, 06:28:46 PM
Pretty confident of getting close to, if not winning, this week. Pies have a number of outs, and with Dawes back I think we'll stretch them.

yeah i give you guys a huge chance

Big Mac

Would be amazing if we got up this week - Honestly reckon our performance the last few weeks will boost the attendance for this game by atleast 15k

Mailman the 2nd

Media is hyping Cloke as back in form but I think any form of defensive pressure from the Demons will shut him right off.

I think Melbourne has the capacity to win certainly, but it'll take a huge effort in the midfield to beat Collingwood's

Mat0369

I'm probably crazy, but I am tipping the Dees this week.

Nige

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 02, 2014, 07:48:38 PM
I'm probably crazy, but I am tipping the Dees this week.
I don't think you are.

I'll be tipping them as well.

roo boys!

From an outsider looking in, and I'll admit I haven't seen many Melbourne games in their entirety, but ex-Roo Cam Pedersen really seems to be taking the next step!

Had a lot of promise during his first year at North but due to a number of circumstances it was the best thing for both parties for him to move on, seems to have been a very clean break and as such its great to see him in putting in good performances week in week out! Has to be admired for his workrate and willingness to do the little things that many other big men don't do, such as sticking the hard tackles and putting in what seem like ultimately futile chases in order just to put on some pressure.

Where do Dees fans see him at the moment with his football?

Purple 77

Has the worst nickname in the AFL....

But its either that or: Cam, Cam, driving the White Van.

2013, I hated this guy.

"I don't even want him playing for Casey Reserves, as it would impede their progress." - Purple 77, sometime in 2013.

First 3 rounds of this year... I wanted him dead.

Oh but how things change! Cam Pederson is arguably the most improved player in the AFL. His contested marking is phenomenal, he tackles, he commits to second efforts... everything you could really ask for. And like you say RB, he backs his performances up every week!

I like what ossie says about him, "He is like your Leigh Brown player."

Although he was being a little smart, I actually think he is just that.

So I am proud when I say, you have proven me dead wrong Cam. Kudos to Roos, and most importantly, yourself.

Big Mac

Honestly can't think of a player who has improved more than Pedersen in the AFL this year. Not sure what Roos has been giving him for breakfast but his workrate has been tremendous this year. He has gone from a backup defender playing VFL to a mainstay in the AFL side in one preseason.