Main Menu

Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barra13

For me it would be Jonesy easily. Theres only a few players in the AFL that never give up. He definitely ranks up there. Although I am liking Dawesy. He has been great this year in my eyes. Probably one of the most accurate outside 50 for big forwards this year too.

MTTY

Quote from: Purple 77 on May 04, 2014, 06:41:34 PM
I had all but written Bail off, a resented him being on the list for the last couple of years, but this year he has proven me dead wrong. I have liked him this year, and there is no denying that he is showing to be a capable player.

I also felt the same about Mat Jones last year, I just thought he was a list filler. But he has taken my eye this year as well. Also gotta pay credit to pederson in the last few weeks. Hated his guts at the beginning of this year, but ever since Carlton he has been a new player IMO

Know exactly what you're saying. That's why it's being even more disappointing for me, as I know Bail has always had the talent, just needed the right coach.

Not a huge fan of Matt Jones, but i'll admit his having a real go this year and improving.

MTTY

Quote from: Barra13 on May 05, 2014, 01:27:03 AM
For me it would be Jonesy easily. Theres only a few players in the AFL that never give up. He definitely ranks up there. Although I am liking Dawesy. He has been great this year in my eyes. Probably one of the most accurate outside 50 for big forwards this year too.

Geez Dawes has been impressive. Can't wait for Hogan to get out there with him.

Rusty00

Quote from: MTTY on May 05, 2014, 09:48:44 AM
Quote from: Barra13 on May 05, 2014, 01:27:03 AM

Geez Dawes has been impressive. Can't wait for Hogan to get out there with him.
I've been really impressed with Dawes' work rate. He makes this team so much more competitive.

Purple 77

Even when Dawes isn't getting a lot of the ball, or making the marks stick, each and every time he makes a second effort, and third effort if possible. Has made a huge difference.

On top of stuff like that, he has a voice on field... leadership. A recent example was when Watts went with an Adelaide player to the boundary where they engaged in a tackle I think. Dawes walked over, pushed the adelaide player aside and gave Watts praise for his effort.

Not many players do that, that I have noticed these days.

Toga

What's the chances Salem will get another vest this weekend?

Purple 77

Quote from: Toga on May 08, 2014, 04:08:56 PM
What's the chances Salem will get another vest this weekend?

JKH got 3 green vests before he got a game, so I reckon the chances are high  :(

Toga

Bugger - the kid looks a real gem so was hoping he might get a full game sometime soon, was very tempted to bring him into my AF this week! Might wait until he does get a full game to do so, still has a very high BE ;)

Purple 77

Interesting read:

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/melbourne-demons-to-sound-out-essendon-interim-coach-mark-thompson-as-potential-successor-for-paul-roos/story-fndv8pdq-1226912322441

If that happened, I won't deny I'd be pretty happy. Thompson is a premiership coach... hard not to get excited about that.

What I would want the most though? For Roos to be our coach forever and ever  :P

What do we think Dees-Trust?

Barra13

I'm sure any person would want Bomber as a coach for their team. Obviously is a premiership coach and I love the way he goes about his interviews and press conference. Easily best coach to watch out there at the moment.

Capper

This is only my opinion but Dawes to me has put his name forward as being a captain next year. You can build the club on him

Rusty00

Quote from: tabs on May 12, 2014, 05:42:45 PM
This is only my opinion but Dawes to me has put his name forward as being a captain next year. You can build the club on him
He has certainly shown a lot of Captain like qualities in the few games he has played this year.

Capper

Quote from: Rusty00 on May 12, 2014, 05:45:51 PM
Quote from: tabs on May 12, 2014, 05:42:45 PM
He has certainly shown a lot of Captain like qualities in the few games he has played this year.
he and Jones will toughen up some of those softer players at the dees

Purple 77

Interesting and relevant read:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/how-losing-creates-culture-of-misery-and-selfishness-20140513-zrbcu.html#poll

I honestly thought it was a melbourne player writing this, but the last few paragraphs said no it wasn't, simply from one line:
"Winning is the norm again".... don't get me wrong, I am fairly pleased with the Dees progress and in a good place, but we have won 2 matches.

But things that made me think it, was, during Neeld's tenure, our reserves were like, ladder leaders, and the author made mention of reserve success. He also made mention of saying, "we weren't just getting beate, we were getting smashed"

I also think that the negative senior player(s) would have been Brent Moloney. Through rumours and his exit of the club.

Still, is an interesting read, and a place I never want to see the Demons in ever again.

I love you Paul Roos.

Purple 77

I love you Paul Roos!

I love you Nat Jones!

I love you Jack Viney!

I love you Dom Tyson!

And I adore JKH!