Main Menu

Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

I still haven't quite gotten over Round 23 of last year. I reckon - at best - the Dees only won about 80% of me back after 6 impressive wins.

If we don't make finals this year - and I said this a few weeks ago, so don't think this comment is born from rawness - I'm actually done. I actually don't think I can support the Demons anymore. Round 23 last year was such a devastating hit to me, and I haven't really been the same since, with the Demons and AFL in general.

After the universe conspired (not umpires btw) against us to lose that Geelong game, finals looks so, so hard to reach now.

If it doesn't happen in 2018, that's it from me. And I genuinely mean it.

Big Mac

I know the feeling purps

Losses are a lot tougher for us, other clubs already have credits in the bank with their supporters but ours has just been making withdrawals for years.

Finals really are a must this year

Big Mac

Could be time to change the DP soon  :-X

Purple 77

:'(

I still live in hope.

At least the compensation will be high and exciting. For gods sake though I hope we don't fork over a top 10 draft pick for May.

Ricochet

Quote from: Big  Mac on October 01, 2018, 07:13:40 PM
Could be time to change the DP soon  :-X
Might be time for me to change up as well :P

Gigantor

Purple 77

elephants

Lads, interested to know thoughts on Aaron Vandenbergs role this year?

The Dees clearly love him, as he returned from injury to play the last 4 games of last season, then the preceding finals series. Didn't play JLT1 but played JLT2 in a role that had him laying a whopping 16 tackles :o

Does this continue once Jones and Viney are back to full fitness? What actually is his role going to be do we think?

Big Mac

Quote from: elephants on March 19, 2019, 10:20:02 PM

The Dees clearly love him, as he returned from injury to play the last 4 games of last season, then the preceding finals series. Didn't play JLT1 but played JLT2 in a role that had him laying a whopping 16 tackles :o

Does this continue once Jones and Viney are back to full fitness? What actually is his role going to be do we think?

Mainly forward pocket, rotating onto a flank i'd say. He's a strong mark, has a big physical presence and hopefully he can use his tackling to keep the ball i50. Don't think there's much room for him in the mids, but he will get the occasional stint in there when they want a different dynamic.

elephants

Quote from: Big  Mac on March 19, 2019, 10:49:35 PM

Mainly forward pocket, rotating onto a flank i'd say. He's a strong mark, has a big physical presence and hopefully he can use his tackling to keep the ball i50. Don't think there's much room for him in the mids, but he will get the occasional stint in there when they want a different dynamic.

Love it, seems very fair. The midfield is a little crowded, particularly with all those inside types.

Neal-Bullen? More of the same? Wing to HFF as that outside link man? Erratic fantasy scorer but that probably comes with the role doesn't it

Big Mac

Quote from: elephants on March 19, 2019, 11:07:57 PM
Quote from: Big  Mac on March 19, 2019, 10:49:35 PM

Love it, seems very fair. The midfield is a little crowded, particularly with all those inside types.

Neal-Bullen? More of the same? Wing to HFF as that outside link man? Erratic fantasy scorer but that probably comes with the role doesn't it

Yeah he’s got a pretty interesting role which seems to be just apply pressure all over the forward half of the ground and get involved where he can. Covers the most ground of anyone in the side (14-15km per game) and i’m pretty sure he leads us for pressure acts and is right up there for score involvements and also goals. Very underrated player

Purple 77

BM hits the nail on both players.

SilverLion

What the actual flower happened to the Dees this year?

Purple 77

Quote from: SilverLion on July 26, 2019, 12:22:16 AM
What the actual flower happened to the Dees this year?

14 post-season surgeries
Consistent niggling injuries to key players throughout the year
And a mental resignation from coaches and players that those two things explain all our problems

The fun part will be watching it happen again next year, because the Dees think it's all going to happen once we get a clear run at it

JBs-Hawks

Losing Hogan hurts too. Forwards like that dont grow on trees.