Main Menu

Richmond 2014 H&A discussion

Started by quinny88, March 25, 2014, 02:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

I stand by what I said at the start of the season that I would be happy just making finals, I wasn't buying into the hype of a top 4 finish so yes, I think I would have been happy finishing 8th!

Stoked 8)

Nige

Quote from: Toga on August 31, 2014, 08:25:27 AM
I stand by what I said at the start of the season that I would be happy just making finals, I wasn't buying into the hype of a top 4 finish so yes, I think I would have been happy finishing 8th!

Stoked 8)
Well said.  :)

Jroo

Quote from: NigeyS on August 31, 2014, 09:46:30 AM

Stoked 8)
Yep, would've taken a top eight finish, too  :P

LaHug

Quote from: JROO8 on August 31, 2014, 12:15:13 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on August 31, 2014, 09:46:30 AM

Stoked 8)
Yep, would've taken a top eight finish, too  :P

Honestly, at the start of the season, it was top 6 finish or I would be disappointed. Not saying I wouldn't have been happy just making the 8 but we were definitely good enough (on paper, at least) to get a home final so it's sucky that we didn't. That said, from 3-10, I never even dreamt of making the 8!

Bully

Quote from: Jayman on August 31, 2014, 08:11:27 AM
Just out interest, at the start of the season would Richmond fans have been happy finishing 8th?

I had us penciled in for top 6 but being 8th is fine, particularly given we haven't lost a game of footy for 2 months. A win against Port and we would have met all expectations.

Ricochet

If you were being honest, or if you looked at it from the board pov, it would be considered a failed home and away season. They would have had goals to finished top 4-6 and had everything there to do so with the fixture. But everything changes if you win a final or two ;)

kilbluff1985

i would say top 4-6 was a success, top 8 a pass and no top 8 a fail

i don't think they would call it a fail

Jroo

At the start of the year, I probably would've wanted us to win one final.
If we beat Port, it would be massive for us.

Ricochet

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 01, 2014, 10:43:53 AM

A pass would have been the same as last year. A success anything above, a fail anything below. Boards are flowering ruthless lol

Ziplock

Quote from: Ricochet on September 01, 2014, 10:48:59 AM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 01, 2014, 10:43:53 AM

A pass would have been the same as last year. A success anything above, a fail anything below. Boards are flowering ruthless lol

Let's see how finals go before we judge success/ failure :p

Ricochet

Yeh thats what I said above too, will be a whole new ballgame if Rich win a finals game or two

quinny88

Just got home.. Been out partying since Saturday night  :P

I think Sundays game is probably 60/40 in Ports favour but I've been saying that against a lot of our opponents so what do I know!

Go you tigers!

Toga

quinny88

Sorry toges I didn't realise.
I'll change it in a month to one of the boys holding up the premiership cup :P

Ricochet

Quote from: quinny88 on September 01, 2014, 01:58:31 PM
Sorry toges I didn't realise.
I'll change it in a month to one of the boys holding up the premiership cup :P
So something like this then?