Main Menu

Richmond 2014 H&A discussion

Started by quinny88, March 25, 2014, 02:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew42

Quote from: Toga on May 31, 2014, 10:54:17 PM
Haha el ;D

But yeah pretty average performance tonight. Thought Rance & Grimes were real positives for us, while Grigg did a great job for most of the match. Maric wasn't great but lets hope a few weeks back and he'll be back rolling at his best. Jack fought well also!

Think McDonough was a bit of a weak link in our backline to be honest, I like him but yeah didn't have a good game I didn't think.
Think that's a tad optimistic. Jack only scored in junk time, Rance made some stupid decisions (turning it over from advantage in opp50), Grimes did alright, but like the rest of the team faded away after HT...

Kinda speaking of which, the thing Richmond are really lacking is tough inside mids. Cotchin is, Thomas is (although he was meant to be a depth player, wasn't he?) but Ellis, Grigg, Conca, Foley, etc aren't. And when Richmond aren't winning, it looks like (from a neutral perspective) that they just won't put in any effort.

\tired rant

Toga

Jack only kicked junk time goals? Thanks for proving my point :P Jack is getting a bit of a reputation for dropping his head and getting fed up with the delivery sometimes. Yeah Hooker beat him tonight but he didn't give up, as shown by his junk time goals - real footy is not all about fantasy points.

Yep, Rance made some bad skill errors. But what about all the great one-on-ones he won? You can rely on Rance to give 110% week in week out. Grimes I disagree with you about, I think he really stood out for us but hey that's my opinion.

And I agree on the inside mid thing - Thomas has been good but he is just too damn slow for the AFL I think, and Jackson's a bit the same IMO... Conca is an inside mid but we need another one to compliment Cotch. I think what's happened is we've drafted guys like Dusty and Ellis as tough, head over the ball kind of players but their development has seen their outside game improve tenfold and we are now lacking inside - hopefully this is something we can address at this years draft now that it won't be dominated by the expansion clubs at last.

kilbluff1985

Nige

Miles and Arnot are the inside mids that we have and should be using. They both have decent pace as well.

Kellogscrunchynut

Last year we had a bunch of over-performing players now we are paying the price.

Toga

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on May 31, 2014, 11:37:00 PM
Last year we had a bunch of over-performing players now we are paying the price.

Donnie Brasco

Nige

Quote from: Donnie Brasco on May 31, 2014, 11:43:55 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on May 31, 2014, 11:18:10 PM
Miles and Arnot should have been playing weeks ago
Arnot was, and got dropped. He had a bad game though the week it happened, and I called it at like quarter time.

I'm hoping he sneaks his way back in soon.

Jroo

If Miles doesn't get a game next week, my membership is getting microwaved  :P
Seriously though, what an awful performance.
The only positive was Dusty, he's been sooo good in the last four weeks. Time to give the kids games, Helbig, O'Hanlon and co. need games.
Hampson is a great ruckman, but terrible around the ground, Chappy is still shower, would like to see them both dropped.

Nige

Can't believe I'm saying it, but Grigg was good yesterday. He wasn't great, but he was good. This tagging thing is working for him.

Hampson or Griffiths will be dropped for Vickery next week, that's for sure. I'm thinking that it's gonna be Hampson actually, just because he does nothing other than get taps.

Miles has to play next week, I don't care who gets dropped.

Donnie Brasco

They have to persist with Griffiths, actually give him a chance and good run at it, the same given to Vickery.

Vickery should have to genuinely earn his spot and be breaking the door down before he plays again.

Jroo

Quote from: NigeyS on June 01, 2014, 12:10:24 PM
Can't believe I'm saying it, but Grigg was good yesterday. He wasn't great, but he was good. This tagging thing is working for him.
Yeah, I think Grigg has been good when tagging, hopefully he keeps it up.

Nige

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-05-31/vfl-tigers-win-dreamtime-clash

Ruckman Orren Stephenson picked up the Sir Doug Nicholls best player award for his standout 20-disposal, 30-hit out, three-goal performance.

Anthony Miles was another contender for the award with a terrific performance that has become standard for the in-form midfielder. He gathered a team-high 35 disposals and always provided an option.

The Tigers lifted after the break and goals to Cadeyn Williams, Ross Young and Aaron Edwards - who finished with four  put Essendon on the back foot.

He was assisted by other hard-bodied ball-winners Brad Helbig (26 disposals) and Matt Arnot (25 disposals) who both found form with impressive performances.

The Tigers didn't release the pressure after the main break. Sharp, smart ball movement, and a barrage of inside 50 entries saw them pile on seven goals and break the game open.

Ty Vickery (21 disposals), Brett O'Hanlon (20) also played their roles well.

Ricky Petterd's influence ensured that Essendon couldn't respond. He entered the game after half time and had an immediate impact with his damaging run and carry. He collected 20 possessions and five clearances.

Highlighted main bits regarding AFL listed players.  :)

Vinny

If Miles doesn't get a game this week, Richmond are flowering stupid.

Should have been playing from the start, such a gun.

Nige

So Terry Wallace just showed his rolling draft which is a rough indicator of who could go where.

He's got us taking Lachie Weller at Pick 6 as it stands, I'd be rapt if that was the case.  8)