Main Menu

Richmond 2014 H&A discussion

Started by quinny88, March 25, 2014, 02:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Hmm, just thinking about if Dimma does get the axe during the season or at the end of it (hope it doesn't come to that, he's been great imo)... who do we reckon are some of the candidates (it's probably a bit early for such discussions only four rounds in, but yeah)?

I don't think Choco would (although I could see him possibly taking the interim role if Dimma went during the season).

Brendon Lade perhaps, maybe Tim Clarke or Ross Smith?

A few external options around too that I can't think of at the minute. 

Toga

nickstiges

He won't go, we're not going back to the times when we sacked coaches for 1 bad year. Fox Footy even made a doco about it.

quinny88

Quote from: NigeyS on April 14, 2014, 10:29:20 PM
Hmm, just thinking about if Dimma does get the axe during the season or at the end of it (hope it doesn't come to that, he's been great imo)... who do we reckon are some of the candidates (it's probably a bit early for such discussions only four rounds in, but yeah)?

I don't think Choco would (although I could see him possibly taking the interim role if Dimma went during the season).

Brendon Lade perhaps, maybe Tim Clarke or Ross Smith?

A few external options around too that I can't think of at the minute.

No chance of that happening at all. Pretty sure he signed a new deal at the start of the year didn't he? He has literally taken this club from a rabble to a good side that can push for a premiership in the next couple of years.
Up to the players now to find there confidence and form again. Few injuries to key players haven't helped but there's no excuses, we just have to hit some firm and quickly

nrich102

If Lennon gets named whats the chance of him being sub?

Nige

Quote from: nrich102 on April 15, 2014, 07:13:01 AM
It would probably depend who else is named.

I'm pretty sure that if Foley plays, he's a good chance for the vest (it's becoming a bit like Gia getting the vest at the Dogs).

Toga

Quote from: nickstiges on April 14, 2014, 11:18:14 PM
He won't go, we're not going back to the times when we sacked coaches for 1 bad year. Fox Footy even made a doco about it.

Yeah, this. Wouldn't get us anywhere IMO, but the media will talk it up heaps like they do ::)

Quote from: nrich102 on April 15, 2014, 07:13:01 AM

As Nige said will depend who else plays. But we have the Thursday night game so you'll know before lockout ;)

Nige

It was a hypothetical/worst case scenario really.

Dimma's brought us out of a poor period, going 1-3 should be easy to bounce back from compared to some other hurdles we've faced in the past.

Nige

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-04-15/the-vfl-report-round-2

I'll post the main ones.

Nathan Foley
Was fantastic, providing real spark early in the game. A quality midfielder at AFL level and continues his impressive attitude and work ethic in the VFL. Although his performance was just standard by his measures, those watching the game thought he was exceptional.

Anthony Miles
Was again the Tigers' best ball-winner, and has been outstanding inside over the last six to eight weeks. Every time he plays he gets clearances and really helps to get the ball to the outside players.

Ben Lennon
Still developing really well and is playing through half back and the midfield area at the moment. A beautiful kick, but still needs to work on choosing the right option. Likely to show his face at senior level in the next three or four weeks.

Jake King
Worked tirelessly as a forward during the game. Provided much needed pressure and caused a heap of turnovers. He hit the scoreboard once but could've kicked two or three goals on the day.

Liam McBean
Was exciting in patches but the game wasn't really for key forwards, and he didn't really have much of an impact on the game. He had a couple of shots on goal but we expect more.

Matt McDonough
Was very good through half back and midfield, providing plenty of exciting run and carry. Was very good around the ball with very clean hands and was able to get the ball to the outside players.

Toga

Yeah so looks like if Grigg & Vickery come out as someone suggested then Foley & Lennon could be the guys that come into the team (unless Az is fit as I think he would be a good inclusion).

Nige

There's also this:

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-04-15/richos-sixpointers-round-4

Richo's six-pointers are a weekly thing (for those that don't know) and I really thought this week's were especially spot on.

- Sam Lloyd made a top-class debut
- Dave Astbury continues to be a rock in the Tigers' defence
- Daniel Jackson's will to win is compensating for his lack of a pre-season
- Bachar Houli has become more important to the Tigers' team in Brett Deledio's absence
- Matt Arnot provided some important grunt and run when he came on as the sub
- Richmond faces a must-win game against the Brisbane Lions at the Gabba on Thursday night

Nige

Quote from: Toga on April 15, 2014, 12:31:13 PM
Yeah so looks like if Grigg & Vickery come out as someone suggested then Foley & Lennon could be the guys that come into the team (unless Az is fit as I think he would be a good inclusion).
I'd like to see Madonna (McDonough - just adopting the name I've seen him on BF) come back in.

kilbluff1985

so keen to see Anthony Miles elevated off the rookie list and get games damn you Matt Thomas

Nige

Pics from training today are on the Facebook page.

Looks like most of the boys were there. Didn't see Az though.

Toga

I saw one of Az, he had his knee heavily strapped though by the looks of it.

Good to see Lids, Maric & Knights among others out on the track though.