V League - Applications

Started by ossie85, February 22, 2014, 08:06:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Feeling the need for VICTORY?

Feeling veracious, feeling vengeful, a vendetta in the works?

Looking for applications for a new Worlds fantasy competition!

Offering 10 New Franchises - in the World's equivalent of a t20 competition....

V
LEAGUE

10 teams. Squad size of 10. Only 5 players play each week. No positions. Total SC points from those 5 count.

This is a SuperCoach game!

Each franchise gets $10m to spend on 10 players.

The top 50 highest averaging SC players from 2013 (still playing AFL) are auctioned off individually. These are franchise players, each with a reserve price of $400,000.

Once that finishes, the other 50 players are chosen from the remaining players in an open and free market. Every player has a reserve price of $100,000.

Rounds 11 to 19 the 10 teams best 5 play off against each other.

The top 4 play off in finals after that.

Round 20: 1st v 2nd, 3rd v 4th
Round 21: Loser 1st v 2nd v Winner 3rd v 4th
Round 22: Winner 1st v 2nd v Winner Round 21

Round 23: Reserved for WXV Grand Final

The Top 5 for the year get to coach their franchise the next year, the bottom 5 have to apply again with new applicants applying for new franchises.

Bidding starts from scratch each year (though existing clubs might get a chance to keep some current players, haven't thought that through yet).

How to apply?

Post in this thread!

Tell us your plan for your franchise - location, name, mascot, sponsors.... What is your experience?

The best 10 applications (assuming we get more than 10) will be chosen to compete!

Applications will close by 11:59pm 8th March, 2014.

... Go.

Current Applicants
Kiev Kingfishers - NigeyS [Ukraine]
Istanbul Eagles - The Pelican [Turkey]
Bangalore Cobras - Ringo [India]
Dhaka Dinosaurs - nrich102 [Bangladesh]
Tallinn Swallows - HintT [Estonia]
Melbourne Gladiators - DazBurg [Australia]
Jakarta Monsoon - Boomz [Indonesia]
Christmas Island Dreams - Master Q [Australia]
Singapore Stingrays - kilbluff1985 [Singapore]
Casablanca Cannons - KoopKicka [Morocco]
Montreal Maple Leafs - JBs-Hawks [Canada]

Nige

I, Nigel S, would like to apply to be one of the inaugural coaches of a V League team.

Background: After joining the FanFooty is August 2012, I became a fairly frequent poster in the Front Bar and team boards (particularly that of my beloved Tigers). I'm also known to frequent the fantasy boards from time to time and after involving myself in the XVs world in late 2012, have been in and around WXVs, BXVs and AXVs quite a bit.

Name: NigeyS/Nigel/Nige
Twitter: @KewlestCat
Facebook: www.facebook.com/thekewlestcatthereeverwas
Hometown: Wheelers Hill, Melbourne, Victoria

Traits:
- Dedicated XVs coach.
- Active and aggressive coaching style.
- Never too far away.
- Above average footy knowledge.
- Not a glory hunter.
- Doesn't mind a win.
- Decisive and committed

XVs Experience:
Co-coach of WXVs Cairo Sands
Coach of BXVs Liverpool Rams
Assistant at EXVs Iceland Polar Bears
Formerly Assistant at AXVs Manila Folders, AXVs Tibetan Llamas
Assistant at AXVs Mongolian Lambs 

Team Name: Kiev Kingfishers

Mascot: Viktor the Kingfisher

Home Ground: NSC Olimpiyskiy, Kiev

Sponsors: Pepsi, Metinvest, KooGa

No.1 Ticket Holder: Andriy Shevchenko

Plan: The Kiev Kingfishers franchise plans to be one of the premier teams in the V League. Playing host to big name stars, future guns and hopefully V League silverware, The Kingfishers shall approach all auctions conservatively, but make strong plays for players they believe to be worth the money. An auction such as this will require strong decision-making, a stand-out trait of the coach, but also a good conscience to know when it is right to drop out of the race. It is pivotal that money management is looked after when building the squad as the $10m could easily be chewed on franchise players who are obviously a cut above the rest.

ossie85

nrich102

The Pelican

This looks like a great idea and I would love to join.

Who am I?
I am the Pelican. I have been on FanFooty for a few weeks and have loved it. I have made a few posts and have tried for a few XV coaching roles and failed.

Experience
I am an assistant at the Huddersfield Hawks

Team
Name: Istanbul Eagles (If either Istanbul or Eagles have been used in another XV I will change the name)
Mascot: Evren the Double-Headed Eagle
Home Ground: Ataturk Olympic Stadium
Sponsors: Petrol Ofisi, BMC, Sabancı Holding

Plan
The Istanbul Eagles would bid for young players to build a team which will have the same core for many years to come. They will trade for youth as well. There will be a lot of research that will go into the Eagles' team. Hopefully with the youth approach, Istanbul can win finals in a few years.

Thanks for reading

The Pelican

Quote from: ossie85 on February 22, 2014, 08:06:16 AM
Bidding starts from scratch each year (though existing clubs might get a chance to keep some current players, haven't thought that through yet).
So you can't keep players??

Nige

Quote from: The Pelican on February 22, 2014, 11:06:57 AM
Quote from: ossie85 on February 22, 2014, 08:06:16 AM
So you can't keep players??
If you finish in the Top 5, you'll get the opportunity to retain players from what I understand.  :)

The Pelican

Might have to re-think my plan on going youth.

Nige

It wouldn't be impossible to make the Top 5 with a youthful team, but considering the players that will be auctioned, the task could be difficult (especially the franchise players, since most of them are older).

The following year, those teams still in the competition may get a chance to retain players and I'm hoping that and wondering whether Oss will take a similar route to the IPL and give continuing team a right-to-match card.

Ringo

Ringo would like to apply for a 10 Franchise.

Ringo joined Fanfooty in March 2011 and became actively involved in the forum reaching veteran coach status and recently becoming a moderator of some boards. Am regularly on the forum end enjoy these fantasy games.

FF Names: Ringo/Circle52
Hometown- Brisbane Qld

Experience with Teams:
Coach of London Royals in World's xv's
Co-Coach of The Swansea Breakers in British xv's
Administrator of British xv's competition

In an attempt to sell this competition to the Asian continent and cashing in on the Popularity of the IPL T20 we will be establishing a franchise in Bangalore and have negotiated with the KSCA- Kamataka State Cricket Association to use the magnificent M.Chinnaswamy Stadium for these matches.  (Very happy to work with our neighbouring franchise the Karachi Rhinos in this regard,) The current president of the KSCA Annil Kumble was very enthusiastic in our approaches and was looking forward to working with us should a franchise be granted.

Franchise will be known as the Bangalore Cobras

Home Ground - M.Chinnaswamy Stadium  Mahatma Gandhi Road,Bangalore

Additional photos of the Stadium in this link: http://ksca.co.in/ksca-stadium

For the sake of privacy in ongoing negotiations sponsors will be disclosed at franchise opening.

Plans for the franchise without giving away our full plans we will be using the $10m fully to establish franchise and envisage securing a marquis player who will promote the competition in Bangalore. We have established a budget to work with in deciding how much to allocate each player to complete the 10 player roster. The Tigers will be aiming to be competitive from Day 1 and will be aiming to win the competition as well so as to give Bangalore a solid insight to the AFL 5's.

nrich102

I'd like to be an inaugural V League coach :)
About me: I joined FanFooty in May 2012, and started regularly coming on FanFooty towards the end of that year. Most of my posts are in the 'Players and Trades' boards, and in the mighty Brisbane Lions board. I started playing Dream Team (now AFL Fantasy) in 2011, and I have gotten better ever since. In late 2012 I joined the Swansea Breakers in BXV and the Manila Folders in AXV. I am now co coach with Ringo in BXV, and am an assistant to Nails in WXV. I also have teams in TX and the AXVIII competitions.

The Team

Name: Dhaka Dinosaurs
Coach: nrich102
Assistant Coach: Tbagrocks
Home Ground: Sher-e-Bangla Mirpur
Mascot: Dinosaur Dave
Sponsors: Coca Cola, Apple, BP

Nige

Dinosaur Dave looks more like a crocodile/alligator.  :P

nrich102

Quote from: NigeyS on February 22, 2014, 12:40:49 PM
Dinosaur Dave looks more like a crocodile/alligator.  :P
Same thing :P

HintT

I, HintT, Assistant Coach to Worlds XV team Seoul Magpies, proudly presents the bid of:

TALLINN SWALLOWS

Veracity:
Veritable knowledge of SC
Valorous coaching style
Visceral drafting ability
Voracious auction methods
Vigorous activity levels
Vibrant personality with humour
Vexing opposition everywhere

Name: Tallinn Swallows
Stadium:  Lillekula Stadium, Tallinn
Coach: Peeter Mannik (HintT)
Mascot: Jutta the Barn Swallow (national animal of Estonia)

Major Sponsor:

Minor Sponsors:

We are pleased to have social media on board for everyone to talk about our great team and country; tourism board to help everybody know the delights of our great, fascinating country and Estonian Air to fly everyone here!

Plan
A vibrant team from the national capital of Estonia. We are humble in origins but plan to make a big mark on the world stage and there is nothing bigger than the V-League. We will plan to become a dynasty team and an icon synonymous everywhere with the competition. With the money on hand backed by world-class sponsors, we will spend big for the star players and verily, will do everything in our power to attain success with a vivacious flair as well as vibrant and vivid footballing skills!

(Geez, FF doesn't like Estonian characters at all!)

ossie85

Very excited about all these applications :)

Quote from: The Pelican on February 22, 2014, 11:10:33 AM
Might have to re-think my plan on going youth.

Yeah, the XV competitions are more about list development, this is meant to move away from that formula