V League - Applications

Started by ossie85, February 22, 2014, 08:06:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Q

This looks like fun. Thought I'd throw my name in the ring.

For those who don't know me, my name is Master Q. I'm rather active, especially during the season on Thursdays and Fridays when teams and trading get done, and on the weekend when matches occur. Arguably one of FanFooty's most knowledgeable coaches, I have plenty of experience in all forms of fantasy footy. I finished 666th in Fantasy last year, and will be participating in the Elxam Champions League this season. I also had a rather high finish in SC last year as well. XVs wise, I am a former Co-Coach of the Pacific Islanders until taking my talents to the Beijing Thunder, teaming up with Toga. I feel we have done a strong job rebuilding the team and are looking forward to a fantastic 2014.

I am proud to announce the second (possible) Australian franchise, the:

Christmas Island Dreams

Logo and sponsors yet to be confirmed. Plenty of refugees and asylum seekers looking for work, so a stadium can be built as soon as we get the heads up.

Thanks
Master Q

HintT

Quote from: NigeyS on February 23, 2014, 03:32:04 PM
Quote from: HintT on February 23, 2014, 02:52:09 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on February 22, 2014, 01:50:45 PM
It's about time Estonia got some love.  8)

Always had this fascination with Eastern European states, glad somebody knows what's up.  :P
Yes, and Estonia so much better than silly Latvians. :P

(I don't actually know, just applying Aus v NZ to another country)

Personally I've always thought Lithuania > Estonia > Latvia.  ;)
Even worse! :D

Just a thought, on "keepers" for teams that will still be in the comp, probably be best if it's only 1 player kept. That way it's like a franchise with a star/marquee player and with only 10 players per team, you're not hoarding the good players.

Nige

Quote from: HintT on February 24, 2014, 04:20:09 AM
Just a thought, on "keepers" for teams that will still be in the comp, probably be best if it's only 1 player kept. That way it's like a franchise with a star/marquee player and with only 10 players per team, you're not hoarding the good players.
I think two is fine.

The marquee player + another player of the coach's choosing.

Then the 'right-to-match' card too.

ossie85

At the moment I'm leaning towards having no "keepers"..

... But things like 'right to match' or some kind of discount when bidding (i.e. you could bid $2m for a player you already have, but only $1.8m counts on salary cap) seem much better to me.

The issue I have with keepers is someone might select Joe Bloggs for $100,000.... But he has a breakout year... It would be pretty unfair to be able to keep him on $100,000.

Nige

Could it potentially work as such where the top 3 have two RTM cards and teams who finish 4th and 5th have one? 

HintT

Quote from: ossie85 on February 24, 2014, 10:49:09 AM

... But things like 'right to match' or some kind of discount when bidding (i.e. you could bid $2m for a player you already have, but only $1.8m counts on salary cap) seem much better to me.

The issue I have with keepers is someone might select Joe Bloggs for $100,000.... But he has a breakout year... It would be pretty unfair to be able to keep him on $100,000.
Just make it so a keeper has to come out of the top 50 players. Or be one of the first 2-3 drafted by the club.

ossie85

Quote from: HintT on February 24, 2014, 10:59:12 AM
Quote from: ossie85 on February 24, 2014, 10:49:09 AM

Just make it so a keeper has to come out of the top 50 players. Or be one of the first 2-3 drafted by the club.

That still means that they are getting a player potentially worth millions for a bargain price.

kilbluff1985

ossie85

kilbluff1985

Hi my name is kilbluff1985 some people call me KB or dropkick and i'd like to apply to be coach of the Singapore Stingrays

Team Info
Team Name - Singapore Stingrays
Home Ground - Singapore National Stadium
Sponsors - Rolls-Royce
Head Coach - kilbluff1985

Head Coach kilbluff1985's experience

Co Coach with T Dog in BXV of the Birmingham Bombers  who made the prelims in 2013
Co Coach with Boomz in WXV of the Tokyo Samurai
Coach of the Anaheim Mighty Ducks in AXVIII
Assistant for JBS in Asians of the Australian Ales
Assistant for HP in Europe of the Iceland Polar Bars
Runner Up in the Dustin Fletcher award for being online the most
3rd soon to be 1st for being most online on FanFooty

Traits
Dedicated
very active
aggressive trading
very competitive
does not like losing

Plan
seems silly to tell everyone my plan so not going to

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Nails on February 23, 2014, 07:44:06 PM
I bid 10 million on Tom Rockliff

And offed my house for Jack Redden.
So only 50k for Redden :P

Nige

To those who stole logos from existing teams, their actual teams want their logos back. ;) :P

kilbluff1985

Quote from: NigeyS on February 24, 2014, 01:14:24 PM
To those who stole logos from existing teams, their actual teams want their logos back. ;) :P

and they want there stadiums back to go build your own

Nige

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on February 24, 2014, 01:16:31 PM

*their  ;)

Might happen.  :o Just waiting for clearance from the Pakistani government.  :P

kilbluff1985

Quote from: NigeyS on February 24, 2014, 01:22:15 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on February 24, 2014, 01:16:31 PM

*their  ;)

Might happen.  :o Just waiting for clearance from the Pakistani government.  :P

hope you bribed the wright people

see what i did? ;D