AXV Vacant Coaching Position - PNG Head Hunters

Started by BB67th, February 10, 2014, 04:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB67th

Tabs has advised that he will no longer be able to run his AXV team due to work and personal commitments and not having the time to run the team. He is happy to stay on as an assistant coach if required.

The Head Hunters were quite successful in the inaugural season of the AXV, finishing in 6th place on the ladder and making it through to a semi-final. It is a tea with a lot of talent in it that is suited well to the Sportsbet scoring system.

If you would like to apply for the position, please write up a quick application below on what your best XV would be, what direction you would like to take the team in and any credentials or experience that you might have.

Here is the team list.

SENIOR LIST

1. Andrew Swallow
2. Sam Gibson
3. Tom Rockliff
4. Dyson Heppell
5. Brendan Whitecross
6. Danyle Pearce
7. Lee Spurr
8. Michael Evans
9. Jarryd Blair
10. Zac clarke
11. Brandon Jack
12. Jamie Elliot
13. Jeff Garlett
14. Lindsay Thomas
15. Shaun Burgoyne
16. Sam Naismith
17. Colin Garland
18. David McKay
19. Rhys Stanley
20. Harry Cunningham
21. Robbie Tarrant
22. Trent West
23. Tyson Goldsack
24. Ben Sinclair
25. Michael Close
26. Lachlan Plowman
27. Marley williams
28. Andrew Phillips
29. Jordan Schroder
30. Kurt Aylett
31. Viv Michie
32. Alex Browne
33. Brant Colledge
34. Aaron Mullet
35. Tom Bell
36. Darcy Lang
37. Jack Billings
38. Nathan Freeman
39. Malcolm Karpany
40. Ed Curnow

ROOKIE LIST

1. Rory Atkins
2. Luke Thompson
3. Shane Biggs
4. Luke Delaney
5. Tim McGennesis
6. Daniel Robinson

Note: Applications will close Friday 14th February at 11:59PM

Ricochet

Hey mate, not sure that list is up to date. I traded West for Witts

BB67th

Quote from: Ricochet on February 10, 2014, 04:51:41 PM
Hey mate, not sure that list is up to date. I traded West for Witts

Thanks for that Ric, I'm pretty sure this is the up to date list now.

Justin Bieber

Am I allowed to apply and merge with the Elephants. I'll give the Folders the left overs ;) :P

BB67th

Quote from: whatlez on February 10, 2014, 05:16:22 PM
Am I allowed to apply and merge with the Elephants. I'll give the Folders the left overs ;) :P
Hmmm, may need to have some discussions here...  ;)

SydneyRox

I am keen to have a  crack at the AXV scoring system, played sportsbet last year and will do again this year, so I have a moderate idea of the differences.

I don't want to take a team away from a budding assistant etc, but if the race comes down to people already coaching in other divisions I am keen to apply!

Currently the coach of the Blackpool Bunnies in BXV and teams in the XVIII comp. I have been a member and regular contributor on FF for the past 4 years. This means that you will always get me online daily most days of the year. I think it is also important to keep the continuity of the Asias comp to replace one Swans fanatic with another! :)

The PNG Headhunters have an interesting list. TABS has done well to get the majority of hie players in a similar window to be able to challenge in the next year or two.

BEST TEAM

DEF: Pearce, Williams, Whitecross, Spurr
MID: Rockliff(C), Swallow(VC), Heppell, Gibson
RUCK: Clarke
FWD: Garlett, Thomas, Elliot, Blair
UTIL: Burgoyne, Gibson
EMG: Mckay, Evans, Mullet

maximus

Hi guys.
I would love to be the coach of the PNG Head Hunters. I believe this team is capable of winning this comp and succeeding in the future. With there young list I would look to build on this and recruit young players. I am often checking FF and would be on everyday if I were to get the coaching role.

If I were to be coach my starting line up would roughly look like this....

DEF: Burgoyne, Pearce, Spurr, Mullet
MID: Swallow, Rockliff, Heppell, Gibson
RCK: Clarke
FWD: Blair, Garlett, Thomas, Blair
UTL: Billings, Whitecross
EMG: Williams, Mckay, Bell

Also I would love to build that defence which seems to be struggling.

Experience
Assistant at Pacific Islanders WXV
Coach at Seattle Saints in AXVII

I have been waiting now for ages for a coaching position and now here one is so I hope all of you vote for me. :) :) :)

Memphistopheles

Quote from: maximus on February 10, 2014, 06:23:53 PM
Hi guys.
I would love to be the coach of the PNG Head Hunters. I believe this team is capable of winning this comp...

Hmmm

KoopKicka

Quote from: Memphistopheles on February 10, 2014, 07:29:30 PM
Hi guys.
I would love to be the coach of the PNG Head Hunters. I believe this team is capable of winning this comp...

Hmmm

yeah no.

SydneyRox

Is that closing date right?

Also, Are you guys currently going through trading? If not, would the incoming coach be given any trades to possibly give the team his/her tweak?

Jroo

Quote from: SydneyRox on February 10, 2014, 08:32:57 PM

Also, Are you guys currently going through trading? If not, would the incoming coach be given any trades to possibly give the team his/her tweak?
That's what I was thinking, a few days would be enough for potential applicants to apply, over a month is too long.

BB67th

Quote from: JROO8 on February 10, 2014, 08:37:53 PM
Quote from: SydneyRox on February 10, 2014, 08:32:57 PM

That's what I was thinking, a few days would be enough for potential applicants to apply, over a month is too long.
Ah yes, you are correct, that should be February not March. A month is wayyy too long, a week is long enough.

As for trading, I am waiting for Colli to get back to me on a few things so we will see then. I think we originally planned to end the trade period at the start of the NAB Challenge, but he has not been online much recently, so I might need to make a decision on that myself. I would imagine that the new coach coming in would be given the chance to make a few trades. We will still need to decide on that.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: KoopKicka on February 10, 2014, 07:50:21 PM
Quote from: Memphistopheles on February 10, 2014, 07:29:30 PM
Hi guys.

Hmmm

yeah no.
He doesn't know the rest of the comp. Give him a break

Rusty00

Hey guys, I'm applying for the position of Coach of the PNG Head Hunters.

I am on FF regularly and after following the XV and XVIII comps from afar I've decided to get involved starting with becoming an assistant at the Roswell Aliens in the Americas XVIII.

Proposed Starting XV

DEF: Pearce, Burgoyne, Williams, Mullett
MID: Rockliff, Heppell, Gibson, Curnow
RUCK: Clarke
FWD: Garlett, Thomas, Elliot, Blair
UTIL: Spurr, Mackay
EMG: Stanley, Bell, Whitecross

The team team looks pretty good. I've left out Swallow as I don't think he'll be ready Round 1, however when he is back the Mids look reasonably good. Defense has solid depth with Mullett and Williams to be improvers. Clarke in ruck is solid as well. Hopefully Stanley play as the second ruckman for the Saints as that would provide some more depth to the forwards, although this line may needs some star power to be brought in.

The team should go pretty well this year and with youngsters like Billings, Lennon, Michie and Naismith has a good future crop as well.

Memphistopheles

I'll give my vote to whoever trades me Rockliff :P ;)  ::)  8)

JJ