2014 British Scoring System

Started by Ringo, February 01, 2014, 07:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

I have had another suggestion put to me to ease the load so thoughts on this one as well.

We take the average score between SC and AF each week.

Eg Swan SC 100  DT 160 Score for British 130. Will be a little bit easier Admin wise and keep the uniqueness as well.

Being selfish here but do not mind this suggestion as there will be little extra work in recording both scores from an Administrative perspective. 

kilbluff1985

it's not to bad not totally against it still have the whole scaling issue with SC though

SydneyRox

kilbluff1985

Thoughts on just doing our own scoring system? something that can be done on ultimate footy maybe

Justin Bieber

I don't mind it tbh. Probably better than new scoring systems. I would like this.

Ringo

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on February 11, 2014, 11:29:09 AM
Thoughts on just doing our own scoring system? something that can be done on ultimate footy maybe
Ultimate footy is very limited with what we can do KB already looked at that one but if majority want to go that way then I am OK.  Does not have the clanger factor only frees against and does have the contested possesions and uncontested possessions. 

SydneyRox

Quote from: Ringo on February 11, 2014, 12:01:07 PM
Ultimate footy is very limited with what we can do KB already looked at that one but if majority want to go that way then I am OK.  Does not have the clanger factor only frees against and does have the contested possesions and uncontested possessions.

But the ability to adjust scores to include them is there. Plus they may go that way next year?

ossie85

Quote from: Ringo on February 11, 2014, 11:11:46 AM
I have had another suggestion put to me to ease the load so thoughts on this one as well.

Eg Swan SC 100  DT 160 Score for British 130. Will be a little bit easier Admin wise and keep the uniqueness as well.

Being selfish here but do not mind this suggestion as there will be little extra work in recording both scores from an Administrative perspective.

For this suggestion I collect all the SC scores anyway, and perhaps the Euro peeps can fill in the DT part...

SydneyRox

Quote from: ossie85 on February 11, 2014, 12:08:46 PM

For this suggestion I collect all the SC scores anyway, and perhaps the Euro peeps can fill in the DT part...

how do you get the scores oss?

ossie85

Quote from: SydneyRox on February 11, 2014, 12:25:33 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on February 11, 2014, 12:08:46 PM

how do you get the scores oss?

Manually :/ But it doesn't take long.

Ringo

It would not take me long either to get both SC and DT - Bear in mind it was manual for Sportal last year as well.

The difference with trying to match Sportal from last year we have to download the match stats and then use a macro/formula to calculate all scores.  According to my estimates and the trial I have been playing with I am looking at an additional 3 hours each week compared to last year, But as i said happy to do it if it can be done for whole season (do not trust my macros at times to last 22 weeks with regular running but that is another story) and that is what coaches decide.

If we adopt the average between two it is only a matter of manually entering both scores and having formulae calculate average.

Nige

This is an interesting idea, and I think it could work.

elephants

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on February 11, 2014, 04:54:53 AM
Quote from: elephants on February 11, 2014, 04:10:19 AM
Mere assistants don't count here KB ;)

i'm a Co Coach in WXV

But you have to check with Boomz before doing trades? Nah, you're an assistant :P

Ringo

Quote from: NigeyS on February 11, 2014, 12:58:05 PM
As I said earlier will work if you do not mind missing out on 3 of the categories that made Sportal unique - Contested and Uncontested possessions and Clangers. We do have the option of customising scoring within the categories and change values if required.

I have sent up a British xv's League in Ultimate Footy - Could someone who is familiar with Ultimate Footy cast their eye over and see if what I have created will work as I have never done Ultimate footy.  Have set it up as Manual draft as we have drafted our teams already so not sure how that works

"Congratulations Doug on creating your team Ringos Stars in league British xvs (#869022)"

We can continue to fiddle if desired.

Nige

Quote from: Ringo on February 11, 2014, 01:17:13 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on February 11, 2014, 12:58:05 PM
As I said earlier will work if you do not mind missing out on 3 of the categories that made Sportal unique - Contested and Uncontested possessions and Clangers. We do have the option of customising scoring within the categories and change values if required.

I have sent up a British xv's League in Ultimate Footy - Could someone who is familiar with Ultimate Footy cast their eye over and see if what I have created will work as I have never done Ultimate footy.  Have set it up as Manual draft as we have drafted our teams already so not sure how that works

"Congratulations Doug on creating your team Ringos Stars in league British xvs (#869022)"

We can continue to fiddle if desired.
Password?