Main Menu

WXV Discussion

Started by ossie85, August 06, 2013, 12:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Quote from: Purple 77 on July 24, 2018, 06:05:13 PM
I'm afraid I'll have to once again concede Berlin's season. With my shallow team, I won't be going past Week 1 of finals without Hibberd & Viney confirmed out, with possibly Fyfe not getting up in time too  :-\

Tis a relentless beast, Worlds.

Sounds stupid sitting in 2nd at the moment but I've lost too many first-choice defenders this year (due to poor form or injury) to challenge much in the finals I think :-\ It's one thing having our midfield fit and firing but I can't have spuds like Roarke Smith and Tom Clurey playing down back if I'm to match it with the big guns.

Tom Jonas (90 avg, injured), Tom Cutler (82 avg, suspended), James Aish (75 avg, injured), Sam Mayes (80 avg last year, dropped), Jayden Hunt (70 avg last year, dropped)

Then backups: Easton Wood (injured), Jackson Thurlow (killing two's, no opportunity at Geelong), Tom Williamson (injured), Ciaran Byrne (injured)

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Toga on July 24, 2018, 11:22:01 PM
I'm afraid I'll have to once again concede Berlin's season. With my shallow team, I won't be going past Week 1 of finals without Hibberd & Viney confirmed out, with possibly Fyfe not getting up in time too  :-\

Sounds stupid sitting in 2nd at the moment but I've lost too many first-choice defenders this year (due to poor form or injury) to challenge much in the finals I think :-\ It's one thing having our midfield fit and firing but I can't have spuds like Roarke Smith and Tom Clurey playing down back if I'm to match it with the big guns.

Tom Jonas (90 avg, injured), James Aish (75 avg, injured), Sam Mayes (80 avg last year, dropped), Jayden Hunt (70 avg last year, dropped)

Then backups: Easton Wood (injured), Jackson Thurlow (killing two's, no opportunity at Geelong), Tom Williamson (injured), Ciaran Byrne (injured)

Sounds like you need to bring in some defenders, and can probably offload a mid

We should talk  ;)

Torpedo10

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 24, 2018, 11:25:28 PM

Tom Jonas (90 avg, injured), James Aish (75 avg, injured), Sam Mayes (80 avg last year, dropped), Jayden Hunt (70 avg last year, dropped)

Sounds like you need to bring in some defenders, and can probably offload a mid

We should talk  ;)

Toga

Getting just two of the above back would be pretty handy but might have to chat at the end of the year ;)

Edit forgot Tommy Cutler as well :D

GoLions

After i trade pick 1 for Andrews I'll have harris, lmac, mills, blicavs, Carlisle, showertard, bowes. I'm sure we won't work something out toges.

Toga

meow meow

Meanwhile the premiership favourites are likely to welcome back Stringer, Sandilands, Darcy, Griffen, Moore, Stewart, Andrews and McKenna this week with McVeigh a chance for the first week of finals.

kilbluff1985

how long can a coach have a team and have no success at all? looks at Tokyo

thought wxv was meant to be prestigious

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 02, 2018, 06:49:46 AM

Shots fired!

GoLions

I believe it can be modeled by the equation; y = 2x + 1, where y is the number of consecutive years without success, and x is the number of consecutive years where you complain about not being a wxvs coach

Holz

Tokyo just took out the Asian cup.

Taking out NDT Seoul Jing.

That is some achievement its not like they are in the weak AAP conference.

Zach Williams back next year. Whitfield getting dpp. Just a shame they wont get a top pick as they almost made finals.

Boomz

How many times can someone apply for a Worlds team without success... Salty much.

Ricochet

Quote from: Boomz on August 02, 2018, 12:19:53 PM

How many times can someone apply for a Worlds team without success... Salty much.
snap

kilbluff1985

maybe i am salty but i know i'm not wrong

2013 = 14th
2014 = 13th
2015 = 10th
2016 = 16th
2017 = 17th
2018 = 10th

kilbluff1985

now lets look at London Royals

2012 = 10th