Movies: Warning - May contain spoilers

Started by Noz, January 14, 2014, 02:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukes

The Warriors and No Country for Old Men on tv atm

What a time to be alive

RaisyDaisy

Don't expect it to be a classic, but cant wait to see Straight Outta Compton

I grew up in that era, and they were and still are a big part of my music life. I still listen to them to this day every day to and from work.

PICCOLLO

Got around to watching Ex-machina on the weekend.  Worth a look if Sci-fi is your sort of thing. 

Keeper27

Straight Outta Compton was a decent enough movie, but i still felt a little bit let down by it.
everybody acted well enough and there was enough of their story but i still wanted more.

a solid 7/10 for me.

jvalles69

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 01, 2015, 11:53:56 AM
Don't expect it to be a classic, but cant wait to see Straight Outta Compton

I grew up in that era, and they were and still are a big part of my music life. I still listen to them to this day every day to and from work.

Can't wait to see it, grew up with the music and the love of movies such as Boyz 'n the Hood, Menace II Society, CB4, Juice, Above The Rim etc  Didn't know Cube's son plays him in the movie, pretty cool! 

Kellogscrunchynut

Saw Straight Outta Compton Today was awesome but they left out Arabian Prince.

Keeper27

heard an interview with Ice Cube on Triple J last week and he said that the first cut of the movie was almost 4 hrs long.
i'd like to see that version.

kilbluff1985

watching a movie called The Gamechangers a biography/drama about the GTA law case it's interesting

The struggle of Houser's legal feud against American lawyer Jack Thompson, over the morality of the Grand Theft Auto video game series.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4590930

LF

Just watched The Visit
Yeah wasn't bad,the twist at the end didn't see that coming.

kilbluff1985

just watched San Andreas was ok reminded me of The Impossible which i liked more but San Andreas had more action

anyway give it a solid 7/10

Nige

I saw The Visit earlier in the week with Phas and really enjoyed it. Probably an 8/10.

Not typically a horror movie fan but enjoyed the shock horror as opposed to potentially gory horror. M Night Shyamalan did really well with the twist that is a thing in all his movies, had an inkling but didn't see it coming. Also the occasional laugh and some of the one-liners were brilliant.

enzedder

Saw Everest yesterday. Enjoyed it. Lacks in action somewhat but enjoyable all the same.

enzedder

Saw "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" ... A lot better than I thought it would be. Daydreaming scenes some of which feature in the trailer make it look ridiculous to the point of not wanting to see it but if you can get past that you might get to the end and think it wasn't a bad movie after all.

RaisyDaisy

Went to the movies last night and watched The Walk

I liked it. Something different which was nice and intriguing

First time at United Cinemas too and loved it. No 20 mins of adds and bs like Village and Hoyts and the cinema and sound was fantastic. Plenty of leg room too

Jukes

So Bruce Campbell is going to be in Mallrats 2

Hype