Movies: Warning - May contain spoilers

Started by Noz, January 14, 2014, 02:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

Cookie Monster

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on February 12, 2016, 03:20:58 AM
you guys not seen We Are Marshall ?
I KNEW I FORGOT 1!

i was going of the top of my head and knew there was one more in-particular that I had seen but couldn't, for the life of me, remember the name of the movie!

Quote from: Jukes on February 12, 2016, 03:04:43 AM
I would just like to give a big shout out to Deadpool coming out today (and it being midday on a school+work day) for allowing my girl and I to almost (two people sat in the second row, we were in the back row on the opposite side) have a private screening of the 5th wave. We couldn't go the full mile obviously but we did just about everything else ;)

Quote from: Cookie Monster on February 12, 2016, 02:05:23 AM
Really looking forward to seeing Concussion, I have some sort of love for sport movies based on true stories that has an affect on a team or a league or a country, or just an affect on local communities all together. I'll list them off, I'll try to order them but don't criticise it because it's tough.

1. Coach Carter
2. Moneyball
3. 42
4. Invictus
5. The Express
6. Rudy
7. The Blind Side
8. Friday Night Lights
9. Remember The Titans

I don't really watch many sport movies, but I do love a couple (and like a fair few more). Obviously not including docos, which I've watch heaps of:
1. Rudy
2. Moneyball
T-3. Rocky IV
T-3. The Fighter
5. Karate Kid
6. Cinderella Man
7. Field of Dreams
8. Goal 1+2 (Gavin flowering Harris!)
9. Baseketball
10. Whip It

There are so many ESPN 30 for 30's i've seen and docos aswell. Those 9 I listed were all true stories.

Goal 1+2 were great, Space Jam was a classic and the Rocky's of course! But I have a thing for true stories, learning about the past, and proving sport can have a massive influence on world issues.

kilbluff1985

i just watched a really good new one

"My all American" bit different to your usual NFL movies

Nige

Deadpool was the greatest thing I have seen in a loooong time! Everything I wanted and more. Ryan Reynolds was amazing. Go see it, just do it.

Cookie Monster

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on February 12, 2016, 04:45:54 AM
i just watched a really good new one

"My all American" bit different to your usual NFL movies
Watched it the other night, really is something different!

RaisyDaisy

Finally got around the watching The Big Short last night and enjoyed it.

Went and saw Deadpool today which was good too :)

Nige

So I'm pretty me and my mates are gonna see Ride Along 2 tomorrow.

I absolutely love Kevin Hart and Ice Cube so hopefully it delivers.

fanTCfool

Will Smith film 'Concussion' interests me a little, anyone seen it?

GoLions

Quote from: fanTCfool on February 23, 2016, 08:15:28 PM
Really good, saw it with the gf yesterday. But keep in mind it's more sciency, not really a sports movie if that's what you're expecting

Cookie Monster

Quote from: GoLions on February 23, 2016, 08:20:10 PM
Really good, saw it with the gf yesterday. But keep in mind it's more sciency, not really a sports movie if that's what you're expecting
Even as a person who literally know's nothing about science and mad about sports movies i thought Concussion was awesome!

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Cookie Monster on February 23, 2016, 08:28:34 PM
Even as a person who literally know's nothing about science and mad about sports movies i thought Concussion was awesome!

i enjoyed it and think Capper did also

fanTCfool

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on February 23, 2016, 08:37:47 PM
Quote from: Cookie Monster on February 23, 2016, 08:28:34 PM

i enjoyed it and think Capper did also

Well the people have spoken, sounds like I'll have to find a break in the NAB games to go watch it

Nige

Quote from: Nige on February 23, 2016, 06:48:07 PM
So I'm pretty me and my mates are gonna see Ride Along 2 tomorrow.

I absolutely love Kevin Hart and Ice Cube so hopefully it delivers.
Well, this got postponed.  :(

jvalles69

Watched Ride Along 2 last night, crap, utter crap compared to the first one.  :(  I'll be just looking forward to the latest Friday installment now, Cube you done bad.

Nige

Quote from: jvalles69 on February 24, 2016, 12:55:35 PM
Watched Ride Along 2 last night, crap, utter crap compared to the first one.  :(  I'll be just looking forward to the latest Friday installment now, Cube you done bad.
shower, that sucks to hear. Turns out we are in fact going tomorrow because my mates has free tickets that expire on Monday. Hopefully we can find some enjoyment in it because the first was awesome.