Main Menu

Best 22 - 2014

Started by Honey Badger, January 06, 2014, 08:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Honey Badger

Didn't see a thread, so made this one to discuss. Herald Sun have predicted this to be Carlton's best 22. I'm no expert on the Blues side, so what do you all think?

B: Andrew Walker, Michael Jamison, Zach Tuohy
HB: Heath Schotland, Matthew Watson, Kade Simpson
C: Andrew Carazzo, Brock McLean, Bryce Gibbs
HF: Dale Thomas, Lachie Henderson, Mitch Robinson
F: Jeff Garlett, Jarrad Waite, Matthew Kreuzer
Foll: Robbie Warnock, Chris Judd, Marc Murphy

Int: Ed Curnow, Dennis Armfield, Tom Bell, Chris Yarran

Ready to Fly: Tom Bell

Vinny

Suprisingly I think this is a fairly accurate 22 althiugh it depends if Mick plays the two ruck strategy or not which I personally do not like because I don't reckon Kreuzer can be forward. We have been waiting too long to see it happen and it just isn't working for us. So I reckon Kreuzer goes sole ruck, Menzel comes in forward and when Waite isn't playing, Levi plays.

I am a huge fan of Casboult, he has amazing hands but isn't great infront of goal. Assuming that has been his main focus in the off season. Bell is a gun and is great for our line-up but he will compete with Cripps, Graham and Lucas.

Will also be interesting what happens with the tagging at Carlton. One of Curnow or Carrots or Curnow tags, Carrots on the ball. Hope it's the latter.

Scotland and Docherty are interchangeable. Think that starting spot will be decided in the preseason. Eventually Docherty will take over same goes for Curnow. Everitt will also get some chance to prove himself but I'm not sure.

So in terms of fantasy prospects:

Murphy: If you can see him breaking the tag and what not, he is capable and underpriced. Has gone 110+ in the past however it has to be pointed out that Judd used to get the No.1 tag.

Docherty: Wait and see, if he edges out Scotland in the preseason he might deserve a position but its hard to say this early.

Simmo: Gun, he killed it in the back half of 2013, I would get on.

Walker: Was robbed of AA but there is rumour of a move forward but I'm not sure. He still a great option but I think Simmo's role is much safer.

Note that I can't be flowered reading of this for spelling errors and all that.

quinny88

Agree with you about Kruezer vin. He has to play ruck by himself, he's not a forward. If his body can hold up he will quickly become one of the best rucks in he comp. they need to just play him there though as a stand alone and have pinch hitters come in when he needs a spell. The problem is I don't see a pinch hitting ruckman in that side. Would need to be someone playing way out of their depth like Waite(injury prone) Henderson(needed desperately elsewhere) or Watson(out of his depth)

stew42

Nick Graham. That is all...

Vinny

Yeah you are right Quinny. Hmmmm maybe Levi? Although if he gets his kicking right he can cover for Waite easily. :P

Yeah mate, Graham is good but he is fighting with the already experienced Bell aswell as Cripps, Lucas & Cachia.

truBLUE

Does anyone see Andrejs Everitt slotting in ?

Vinny

Quote from: truBLUE on January 07, 2014, 12:17:06 AM

Not straight away, he should prove himself. Although Mick did fly over talk to him and ask him to join so that is gotta mean something.

quinny88

Quote from: vinny on January 07, 2014, 12:37:12 AM
Quote from: truBLUE on January 07, 2014, 12:17:06 AM

Not straight away, he should prove himself. Although Mick did fly over talk to him and ask him to join so that is gotta mean something.

Yeah guys dont generally leave a club as a fringe player to be a fringe player somewhere else. My bet is that Mick has a role he wants him to play.

And vin, Yeah I agree on that actually. Would out Warnock, put Kreuz in the ruck and bring in Levi to the fwd line. Problem with Levi though is that is bad footy is reeeeally bad

Vinny

Yeah haha, it's just his kicking which is pretty terrible when it's at it's worst like you said. He showed glimpses of improvement on it towards the end of the last year. Hopefully it is sorted out come Round 1.

Master Q

Only saw this thread now. Wow, lots to read  :o

Agree with much of what has already been said. Good to see HS picked up on my breakout tip of Bell  ::)

I think Carlton have really good depth but people often laugh at me when I say it. Watson will probably start of the year and then get dropped. Or Waite. My man Casboult will come in for one of them and Hendo will down back, cause that forward line is way too tall.

Interesting to see Menzel not there, I think he could play instead of Warnock.

So much pressure on the 22 this year, Docherty, Everitt, Graham, Cripps and Cachia will all be bloodthirsty for AFL football. Mick won't be slow to chop Mitch Robinson for one of them IMO.

Vinny

I agree our depth is extremely underrated, it's actually better than heaps of clubs. Yeah Mick is a dog and will drop Robbo or look for a reason too. He plays favourites.. >:(

#RATTS :'(

Master Q

Don't tell me you like Robbo?

I'd happily trade him for a second rounder.

Vinny

Quote from: Master Q on January 07, 2014, 09:47:53 PM
Don't tell me you like Robbo?

I'd happily trade him for a second rounder.

He is alright, I don't hate him. But I stand by Mick playing favourites and he will look for any reason to drop him and play Bootsma.

Plus Robinson for a 2nd rounder would be a loss :P

Mr.Craig

If I was coaching Carlton...

Back: Walker, Jamison, Tuohy
HB: Simpson, Henderson, Yarran
Mid: McLean, Gibbs, Lucas
HF: Thomas, Kreuzer, Robinson
Fwd: Garlett, Waite, Menzel

Foll: Warnock, Murphy, Judd

Int: Curnow, Docherty, Graham, Scotland

Emer: Carrazzo, Armfield, Everitt

kilbluff1985