Main Menu

Best 22 - 2014

Started by Honey Badger, January 06, 2014, 08:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Craig

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 07, 2014, 11:25:54 PM
Carrazzo :o

Yep, it's about time they took a leaf out of Collingwood's play book (ironically) and play some of the kids. I want to see Holman and Cripps get games too.

quinny88

Horrible call not having carrazzo in the side. He'd be one of my first picked

Vinny

Lucas over Bell and No Carrots?! Very interesting MC. Plus I cannot see both Scotland Docherty in the same side.

Mr.Craig

Quote from: quinny88 on January 07, 2014, 11:37:18 PM

Instead of criticising others put up your own team and let it speak for itself.

tbagrocks

Call me old fashioned, what's so wrong with Robbo playing Centre? Let the bull loose to ram

Vinny

If I was coaching Carlton!

B: Andrew Walker, Michael Jamison, Zach Tuohy
HB: Sam Docherty, Matthew Watson, Kade Simpson
C: Andrew Carazzo, Brock McLean, Bryce Gibbs
HF: Dale Thomas, Lachie Henderson, Troy Menzel.
F: Jeff Garlett, Levi Casboult, Chris Yarran.
Foll: Matthew Kreuzer, Chris Judd, Marc Murphy

Int: Ed Curnow, Dennis Armfield, Tom Bell, Nick Graham/Mitch Robinson.

Little sketchy but will do for now.

quinny88

Quote from: Mr.Craig on January 08, 2014, 12:09:59 AM

Not criticising, the side is fine but not having one of their best players in the 22 is a bad call

Mr.Craig

Quote from: quinny88 on January 08, 2014, 12:45:45 AM
Quote from: Mr.Craig on January 08, 2014, 12:09:59 AM

Not criticising, the side is fine but not having one of their best players in the 22 is a bad call

I love the guy too but I think Carlton have to make some hard decisions, whether it be with Carrots or other guys because I just feel like they are becoming stagnant. The recruiting probably hasn't helped much but I really like the Docherty pick up. Obviously a lot riding on Cripps, Holman and Menzel but hopefully Reynolds will show something too eventually.

Mat0369

Just off the top of my head

B: McInnes, Jamison,Tuohy
HB: Scotland, Watson, Yarran
C: Walker, McLean, Simpson
HF: Robbo, Hendo, Dennis
F: Levi (second ruck), Waite, Garlett
Foll: Kreuzer, Judd, Murphy
Bench: Carrots, Gibbs, Curnow/Bell/Docherty/Everitt/Graham/Menzel

*Dale Thomas holds Malthouse's clipboard sine he will most likely spend more time in rehab then on the field ::)
** Kane Lucas is the VFL water boy before being traded at the end of the season for a bag of footballs.

Watson is in so they can play Hendo at CHF, McInnes is better then both Everitt and Bootsma. He spent most of last year recovering from his knee reco, before the injury he was probably Carlton's best first year player and a real surprise. I would hope that he can take a couple more steps forward during the pre-season and he can lock down the 3rd tall role.  With the interchange cap coming in you need guys with big motors and guys who are flexible at playing different positions. This is a reason Carlton can't carry both Warnock and Kreuzer unless they pick Kreuz as a forward. Considering Kreuz is not an effective forward and Warnock is Mark Blake 2.0 I would rather them play Casboult. 

The cap also means the older guys like Scotland, Judd and Waite will be rested more often through the season allowing guys like Docherty, Graham and Rowe/Levi more game time.

If Casboult doesn't develop a bigger tank this pre-season I would expect Rowe to get games ahead of him as a forward/resting ruck but Levi has the tools to fill that role really nicely. He just needs the confidence and to sure up his kicking.

Yaz goes to half back because that is where he has played his best football. He also hasn't proven himself durable or fit enough for a role on the wing yet. Walker is the fittest player at the club. You let him follow the ball and run his opponent off his legs. Considering most thought Judd to be one of, if not the fittest player in the league, Walker routinely smashes everyone in time trials. If he gets tagged he can  also push forward to kick a goal or back to provide some run and carry. Simpson also has pace and a high fitness base so he returns to the wing and rotates through the half back line instead of resting off the ground.

The reason I have named Robbo on the flank is that he will rotate through the midfield but he can also spend time forward. I would rather see him in the guts for the majority of the game but most half forwards now push up to the ball anyway. He will just smash into anything that moves which is what I love about him. You need someone like him in the side to set the tone in terms of physicality.

Cachia comes into the side if both Curnow and Carrots are injured to do a defensive role and two of Curnow/Bell/Docherty/Everitt/Graham/Menzel are picked on team balance/form every week. Bell is good enough to hold a spot and so is Curnow but you end up with to many similar types. I can't see Bell, Curnow, Carrots, McLean and Robbo all in the same team. I will actually throw Judd in there as well since he doesn't have the same zip anymore. I would certainly be applying a Cats style rotation policy

ubeaut

Where do u guys see Walker playing the majority of the time?

HB,HF swinging between both? He was great for u at HB not just in SC.