BXV 2014 Predictions

Started by Vinny, December 08, 2013, 06:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinny

2014 Predictions

Thought I'd start this thread so we can get some actual predictions going if its cool with Ringo! :)

So...Set it out like this if you want.

Premiers:
Runners Up:
Biggest Improvers:
Biggest Sliders:
Predicted Ladder:

Thread with last years ladder if you need it. :P

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,70309.0.html

kilbluff1985

Birmingham biggest sliders after making the prelims

nrich102

Nige

Quote from: nrich102 on December 08, 2013, 09:40:13 PM
Beakers for premiership.
Yeah, I think the Beakers could, but the Breakers are no chance.  ;) :P

Vinny

You will only win if you get Sean Dempster Nate ;)

Ringo

Looking at the teams and bearing in mind some will still be trading there could be a couple of surprises coming up. Some changes to DPP may effect some teams as well.
Comment on last years Top 4.
Werewolves will be extremely strong again gave a lot to get Ablett but the addition of Ablett certainly strengthens team overall.
Hoods have not been overly active so far this trade period so will again be strong. Good gains in Sumner now with DPP and Robbie Gray.
Breakers will still be thereabouts having a quiet trade period so far but strengthened some areas.
Badgers have traded well and if main players stay on the park will again challenge.

Of the remaining Teams I have been impressed with recruitment by Owls, Falcons and Hawks.

Lobsters have changed track by going very young and they will be the big sliders this year while they rebuild.

I think the Top 8 will be in no particular order Werewolves, Hoods, Hurricanes, Hawks, Breakers, Hedgehogs,  Badgers and Owls/Falcons with Cruisers and Leeches pushing for the 8 as well.

Nige

Quote from: Ringo on December 09, 2013, 12:58:32 PM
Looking at the teams and bearing in mind some will still be trading there could be a couple of surprises coming up. Some changes to DPP may effect some teams as well.
Comment on last years Top 4.
Werewolves will be extremely strong again gave a lot to get Ablett but the addition of Ablett certainly strengthens team overall.
Hoods have not been overly active so far this trade period so will again be strong. Good gains in Sumner now with DPP and Robbie Gray.
Breakers will still be thereabouts having a quiet trade period so far but strengthened some areas.
Badgers have traded well and if main players stay on the park will again challenge.

Of the remaining Teams I have been impressed with recruitment by Owls, Falcons and Hawks.

Bombers have changed track by going very young and they will be the big sliders this year while they rebuild.

I think the Top 8 will be in no particular order Werewolves, Hoods, Hurricanes, Hawks, Breakers, Hedgehogs,  Badgers and Owls with Cruisers and Leeches pushing for the 8 as well.
You can't slide when you finish last...  :P

kilbluff1985

No kind words for the Bombers Ringo lol

I think we traded well considering our youth policy but obviously we are going to slide

Ringo

Fixed Nigey my bad (need to re-read before I post meant Bombers) and to be truthful do not think you will finish last this year.

kilbluff1985

I think Tom Mitchell, Belly and Caddy getting forward status helps us out heaps

Ringo

You have traded well KB to align with your policy but do not see the Bombers making the eight this year.  There are a few risks with a the youthful team but then again may really pay off.

kilbluff1985

Lol yeah I not expecting to make the 8

Vinny

But if KB can't make the 8, can we? :P

Thanks for the kind words Ringo. :)

But I think Bombers and Owls have similar teams.

Ringo

Just think you are a little stronger than the Bombers Vinny but that is my opinion only.

Justin Bieber

Badgers, Werewolves, Hawks and Hedgehogs are the only teams in it