Main Menu

Music 2.0

Started by Nige, October 04, 2013, 07:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pkbaldy

Anyone here like Illy? Because if he wins the hottest 100, i'll probably quit listening to Triple J.

elephants

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 26, 2016, 04:16:58 PM
Anyone here like Illy? Because if he wins the hottest 100, i'll probably quit listening to Triple J.

Illy is pretty dope, sort of selling out a bit though. His old stuff was more real, but his new stuff ain't horrible.

Nige

Quote from: elephants on October 26, 2016, 04:50:58 PM

Illy is pretty dope, sort of selling out a bit though. His old stuff was more real, but his new stuff ain't horrible.
Pretty accurate.

Also get around the new Peking Duk track, quality track that one.

fanTCfool

Quote from: Nige on October 26, 2016, 05:10:27 PM
Quote from: elephants on October 26, 2016, 04:50:58 PM

Pretty accurate.

Also get around the new Peking Duk track, quality track that one.

Stranger? It's a ripper. Have enjoyed Elliphant vocals on other tracks and with Peking Duk it is a killer combo.

enzedder

Quote from: Nige on November 03, 2015, 12:50:33 AM
Blurryface by twenty one pilots is fast becoming my favourite album of 2015, it's genuinely a masterpiece with no filler.
Very few modern acts/ bands grab me... I'm from an older vintage but have to agree. These guys and this album is seriously good.
Throw Heathens into the mix too.... coming to NZ in March... think I'll be going.

meow meow

Still AOTY

https://youtu.be/BNAqGrVrcMw

Warning: harsh vocals and talented musicians so not really for the masses

tbagrocks

Quote from: meow meow on October 27, 2016, 07:43:24 PM
Still AOTY

https://youtu.be/BNAqGrVrcMw

Warning: harsh vocals and talented musicians so not really for the masses
Sounds like you're taking the piss. All kinds of people can enjoy talented musicians man!

Gandalf123

I second that notion, most aus hip hop makes my ears bleed

LaHug

I can't remember if it's been posted here yet but I just can't get over Kimbra's new song. It pumps me up for just about anything: going out, going to work, doing the washing, etc. It's so simple but so perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSzBG8awAW0

enzedder

Quote from: LaHug on October 30, 2016, 01:10:24 PM
I can't remember if it's been posted here yet but I just can't get over Kimbra's new song. It pumps me up for just about anything: going out, going to work, doing the washing, etc. It's so simple but so perfect.

Well I thought I'd see what you're talking about so I clicked on the link and I've got to say the intro was shower and thought hang on at least wait till the lyrics and got to the second line... "What've I got to say" and that's where I stopped it and I'll tell you what I've got to say ... terrible. If that was playing in a shop I'd walk out.... might be all it would pump me up for.

LaHug

Quote from: enzedder on October 30, 2016, 03:39:53 PM

Well I thought I'd see what you're talking about so I clicked on the link and I've got to say the intro was shower and thought hang on at least wait till the lyrics and got to the second line... "What've I got to say" and that's where I stopped it and I'll tell you what I've got to say ... terrible. If that was playing in a shop I'd walk out.... might be all it would pump me up for.

And that right there is what's great about art. It's all subjective and opinions are just that. I like that it's super simple and kinda groovy but not everyone likes the same stuff.

Levi434

Sabrina Carpenter - Heard it here first. Many months/years before she becomes a huge mainstream star.

enzedder

Quote from: LaHug on October 30, 2016, 03:54:09 PM
Quote from: enzedder on October 30, 2016, 03:39:53 PM

And that right there is what's great about art. It's all subjective and opinions are just that. I like that it's super simple and kinda groovy but not everyone likes the same stuff.
Too true.

meow meow

Albums of 2016

1. Oranssi Pazuzu - Värähtelijä
2. Anaal Nathrakh - The Whole of the Law
3. Katatonia - The Fall of Hearts
4. Obscura - Akroasis
5. Insomnium - Winter's Gate
6. Deathspell Omega - The Synarchy of Molten Bones
7. Thy Catafalque - Meta
8. Nails - You Will Never Be One Of Us
9. Meshuggah - The Violent Sleep of Reason
10. Moonsorrow - Jumalten aika
11. Madder Mortem - Red in Tooth and Claw
12. Blood Incantation - Starspawn
13. Throes of Dawn - Our Voices Shall Remain
14. Mare Cognitum - Luminiferous Aether
15. Furia - Księżyc milczy luty
16. Ulcerate - Shrines of Paralysis
17. Be'Lakor - Vessels
18. Schammasch - Triangle
19. Mithras - On Strange Loops
20. In the Woods - Pure

Disappointed that Dark Tranquility, Rotting Christ, Gojira and Alcest didn't produce albums worthy of a spot in the top 20. Metallica released a handful of songs actually worth listening to for the first time in 25 years.

Everyone agree with my list? Yes? Good.

LaHug

We have incredibly different tastes in music mate ;)

This is what I submitted to triple j for my albums of the year (only got 9 on my list):
AURORA - All My Demons Treating Me As A Friend
Broods - Conscious
Glass Animals - How To Be A Human Being
Jack Garratt - Phase
Jezabels, The - Synthia
Montaigne - Glorious Heights
RUFUS - Bloom
SAFIA - Internal
St. Lucia - Matter