Main Menu

Music 2.0

Started by Nige, October 04, 2013, 07:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gigantor

Quote from: meow meow on March 13, 2018, 07:30:43 AM
2017 was officially the worst year in the history of music since Cavey McCaveman picked up two sticks and started banging them together back in 5,936,821 BC.

Good to hear, I just thought I was getting old and out of touch haha

Struggled to enjoy most of the hottest 100 this year

jvalles69

Quote from: Gigantor on March 13, 2018, 01:05:27 PM
Quote from: meow meow on March 13, 2018, 07:30:43 AM
2017 was officially the worst year in the history of music since Cavey McCaveman picked up two sticks and started banging them together back in 5,936,821 BC.

Good to hear, I just thought I was getting old and out of touch haha

Struggled to enjoy most of the hottest 100 this year

Podcasts became my savior in 2017...

LaHug

Might not have had a lot of depth but 2017 had Go Father In Lightness which might be the best album I've heard this millennium.

Nige

Quote from: LaHug on March 13, 2018, 04:48:55 PM
Might not have had a lot of depth but 2017 had Go Father In Lightness which might be the best album I've heard this millennium.
I still don't get the hype around it.

None of the singles jumped out at me and the album as a whole was a struggle.

I preferred The Positions a lot more.

There's been some good stuff so far this year, hope it keeps up.

LaHug

Quote from: Nige on March 13, 2018, 07:16:59 PM

I guess that's just the subjectivity of music. I thought The Deepest Sighs, The Frankest Shadows and Let Me Down Easy were two of the best songs of the year easily.

Goosey

Late last year spotify suggested a track to me titled "Springfield", which instantly got my attention. I then listened to the album "The Optimist" and thoroughly enjoyed it. I had never heard of this band before, and I can't understand why, they've been around for nearly 30 years! They did start as a death doom band but quickly matured into a progressive/alt rock style.

They are Anathema and they are absolutely amazing, I now have a massive back catalogue to gorge on which I have been doing ever since :)

If you like prog/alt stuff these guys are the shower, thoroughly recommended!

Goosey

Quote from: LaHug on March 14, 2018, 03:29:30 PM
Quote from: Nige on March 13, 2018, 07:16:59 PM

I guess that's just the subjectivity of music. I thought The Deepest Sighs, The Frankest Shadows and Let Me Down Easy were two of the best songs of the year easily.

I looked into this album after reading your post, which led me to realise I really liked one of their earlier songs (Magnolia), right now I can't stop listening to this record, it's just fantastic :) While listening to it my wife quipped that L'imaginaire was a rip off, and once I looked into it we both laughed to find out it was a gunners tribute, awesome!

To read that they had three songs in the hottest 100 top 10 is a fair effort too, and I concur that I had a difficult time picking my favourites this year, I do listen to triple J, but these days tend to find most of my new music on spotify.

Mat0369

Kevin's Heart.

That is all

jvalles69

Strung Out and Kendrick Lamar touring the week I'm not in Perth.  :'( :'( :'(