Main Menu

Fremantle FC Trade Talk

Started by Ricochet, October 03, 2013, 10:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Few names being thrown around now.

A very strong link with Sylvia, and Ellis has popped up here and there.

On the key forwards possie, Jesse White is another but has gone cold of late. Haven't heard much on Gumby lately either.
Crameri's name got thrown up yesterday but it didn't seem like it had much depth to it.

Nige

I wouldn't be surprised to see Col Sylvia end up at Freo, could be his shot at a premiership.

specky92

Doubt we'd let go of Gumby unless we somehow manage to hold onto Crameri,

valkorum

White, Reid (of the Same variety) and Gumby would be my preferred trade/free agent targets.

Not sure about Sylvia to be perfectly honest.  Not sure that he gives us much more than what we already have

Nige

Sylvia just nominated Freo as his preferred destination.

Nige

Tristan Foenander ‏@TFoenander 24s

Hearing whispers that young Docker Viv Michie may be headed to the Dees. More to come in coming days on @traderadio

Ricochet

Chris Bond on Trade Radio

[on Podsiadly] We are still in discussions internally. Its against what we have done previously, it doesnt make it wrong

When you talk about a player of that age, they need to offer more than just on field and he offers that. Feedback fantastic

[on Jesse White] Our enquiries have shown he is keen to get to a Melbourne club and Collingwood is that club

[on Gumbleton] Yeh he does (come into thoughts). Thats certainly in our discussions. We will be making contact with him and management

Sitting down and chatting where he's at with his body and his desires to continue to play.

[on Sylvia] We are really pleased. We have done a fair bit of work on FA before it came in. As a 28yo, hes player who can go through mid

Mailman the 2nd

I'd say that Fremantle missed the boat with getting a Key forward in the last 2 years. With no Jesse White, the next best option is just to get Podsiadly for 2 years and wait for someone else to come up.

Ricochet

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on October 08, 2013, 03:00:48 PM
I'd say that Fremantle missed the boat with getting a Key forward in the last 2 years. With no Jesse White, the next best option is just to get Podsiadly for 2 years and wait for someone else to come up.
Reid ;)

And its not like we haven't tried to get one! We through a truck load at Cloke and others
Just can't get them to bloody come over

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: Ricochet on October 08, 2013, 03:01:45 PM
Reid ;)

And its not like we haven't tried to get one! We through a truck load at Cloke and others

Yeah It's obviously difficult to get players to move interstate and Fremantle have worked pretty hard, but in the end there isn't much result for it.

As for someone like Reid :(, you'll probably have to wait until those guys are further through their contracts.

I don't want to sound too drastic, as you guys do have a lot of good young players, but Lyon could leave you guys as another St. Kilda...

SydneyRox

Reid ;)

You will never give up a good enough player for Swans to part with Reid

Ricochet

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on October 08, 2013, 03:08:11 PM
Reid ;)

Yeah It's obviously difficult to get players to move interstate and Fremantle have worked pretty hard, but in the end there isn't much result for it.

As for someone like Reid :(, you'll probably have to wait until those guys are further through their contracts.

I don't want to sound too drastic, as you guys do have a lot of good young players, but Lyon could leave you guys as another St. Kilda...
We have quite a few young key position players that are 2-3 years off it so I'm really hoping they develop as expected.

Quote from: SydneyRox on October 08, 2013, 03:12:36 PM
Reid ;)

I know :(

stew42

Reid ;)

...I'd take Fyfe...

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: stew42 on October 08, 2013, 03:35:57 PM
Reid ;)

...I'd take Fyfe...

Fyfe still worth a bit more than Reid lol :(

SydneyRox

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on October 08, 2013, 03:38:10 PM
Quote from: stew42 on October 08, 2013, 03:35:57 PM
Reid ;)

...I'd take Fyfe...

Fyfe still worth a bit more than Reid lol :(

He is about the only Freo player I think with enough currency to get the deal done though.