AXVS: DELISTINGS / RETIREMENTS / FA MOVES / TRADES (2013/2014)

Started by Colliwobblers, September 05, 2013, 02:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KoopKicka

Capper

PNG HeadHunters

Likely Retirements & Delistings
Jude Bolton
Ben Richmond
Tom Gillies
Tim Golds
Mark Nicoski
Karmichael Hunt
Joseph Redfern
Michael Close
Gideon Simon

Likely Rookie Promotions
Brandon Jack
Ben Richmond

Toga

Mongolian Lambs

Proposed Delistings
Nathan Lovett-Murray (ret)
Patrick Veszpremi (R)
Danny Butcher (R)
Taylor Hine
Daniel Pearce

Rookie Promotions
TBA

*Signifies delisting of rookie-listed player.

List vacancies
Senior list: 5 vacancies
Rookie list: 2 vacancies

Colliwobblers

BB will be sending everyone a PM to advise on the deadline and requirements for lodging your delistings prior to our nat draft.

this deadline has been extended to the day after the AFL final list lodgements due date of the 18th November so we will all have until midnight the 19th November to post our delistings in the thread.

key dates:

Thursday 14 November by 2pm - List Lodgement (2) and TPP Estimates.

Friday 15 November - Gillette AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) Commences.

Monday 18 November Delisted Primary List Draft Nomination Form Lodgement; Non retained rookie players draft nomination form lodgement, gillette AFL delisted free agency period (2) concludes

TUESDAY NOVEMBER 19TH MIDNIGHT - AXVS DELISTINGS DEADLINE

Thursday 21 November - NAB AFL Draft Selection Meeting (Gold Coast Convention Centre).

Memphistopheles

Just posting to let you know I've updated my list.

Added Davey and Hardingham to the delistments and have decided that given neither of the guys I was going to promote off the rookie list have played a game yet I won't promote them yet and instead wait until they play (if they do) and do it during the season if needed or next season.

This means I should have more space on my senior list to put a couple of players from the rookie draft straight onto the main list as it's likely I'll pick a few players who I could do that with.

Colliwobblers

no worries memph, but the only way you can promote a rookie mid season is if a senior player goes onto the long term injury list, then at the end of the season your promoted rookie goes back onto the rookie list.

you can however promote them in next seasons nat draft if you want to at that point.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Colliwobblers on November 05, 2013, 06:05:05 PM
no worries memph, but the only way you can promote a rookie mid season is if a senior player goes onto the long term injury list, then at the end of the season your promoted rookie goes back onto the rookie list.

you can however promote them in next seasons nat draft if you want to at that point.

Yep, I know that mate. What I was getting at was I can't see us playing or needing to use Ellis-Yolmen or Hayes unless they
a) Get games
b) We have a long injury list

So I may as well keep them on the rookie list for another season.

Colliwobblers

sound thinking :) 

Quote from: Memphistopheles on November 05, 2013, 06:12:37 PM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on November 05, 2013, 06:05:05 PM

Yep, I know that mate. What I was getting at was I can't see us playing or needing to use Ellis-Yolmen or Hayes unless they
a) Get games
b) We have a long injury list

So I may as well keep them on the rookie list for another season.

Memphistopheles

Hey also when will we know how long our draft will be?

I would have thought we should first wait until the AFL does their National draft before we decide on how long ours is. For example there's no way we can have 90 NAT picks if the AFL teams only draft 60 players.

Is this the case. If so could our final delistments be after how long we know our NAT draft will be by any chance?

Colliwobblers

we might have to memph.

But we will stick to the deadline of the 19th novemember to post all your final delistings - this based on a 5 round national draft.

if we then find we cannot complete a 5 round national draft we are going to have to change more than just our delistings, so everything will be re-evaluated between BB and myself and we will probably have to have a coaches vote on how we do it.

We cannot simply cut the nat draft back to 4 rounds, as picks were traded in the 5th round.

we cannot just throw players for the rook/preseason pool into the nat draft because this was not how it was when people were making decisions on which picks to trade.

and we cannot just give the 5th round nat picks in the rookie/preseason draft due to the same reasons.

but we will have to do something, so we will work out all the possible option prior to starting our nat draft, and have the coaches vote on what we will be doing.

regardless of what we end up doing, if the nat draft changes from 5 rounds you will be asked to review your delistings and confirm them or change them prior to us starting the changed nat draft.

at this point, plan on a 5 round nat draft and post your delistings in full by the 19th november deadline, keeping in mind the deadline for the AFL delisted free agency period 2 is the 18th of november.

Memphistopheles

Ok no worries Colli that sounds like a good plan. My delistments will stay as is then unless Corey un-retires and Jolly doesn't find a club (both of which could possibly happen it seems).

Jay

As for 'proposed rookie upgrades'... Wouldnt mind upgrading Marco Paparone and Andrejs Everitt :)

Toga

Ok, I'll keep my official deli stings here in this post:

1. Nathan Lovett-Murray
2. Daniel Pearce
3. Taylor Hine
4. Patrick Veszpremi*
5. Danny Butcher*

--> Three free spaces on senior list as a result of trading Trent West & Jake Spencer & Brian Lake

Leaving me with six spaces to fill on the senior list, and two rookie spots.

Toga

Just a quick question here, do we need to notify you of which picks we intend to use in each draft?

JBs-Hawks

Australian Ales Delisting

Senior Delistings
36. Derrick Wanganeen
37. Luke Mitchell
39. Steven Milne

Rookie Delisting
3. Jesse Crichton
5. Amos Frank