Main Menu

What grinds your gears ?

Started by strikes91, August 28, 2013, 09:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvalles69

Communication with morons on gumtree...

Nige

Group projects, particularly with people with disgusting attitudes and behaviour who also happen to be stupid, lazy and lacking a lot of common sense.

meow meow

Quote from: Nige on June 18, 2018, 03:13:10 PM
Group projects, particularly with people with disgusting attitudes and behaviour who also happen to be stupid, lazy and lacking a lot of common sense.
Did the others in your group really say that about you?

Nige

Quote from: meow meow on June 18, 2018, 04:00:29 PM
Quote from: Nige on June 18, 2018, 03:13:10 PM
Did the others in your group really say that about you?
They would if they weren't too lazy to even form the thought.

Hawka

SilverLion

I don't know his name, but there's one flowering commentator that does all the state of origin games that has the absolute worst bias I've ever heard behind a microphone (he's bias towards nsw fwiw). The amount of flowering crap the guy dribbles is ridiculous. Should be watching with the crowd in the bay of blue afros.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: SilverLion on June 24, 2018, 11:29:41 PM
I don't know his name, but there's one flowering commentator that does all the state of origin games that has the absolute worst bias I've ever heard behind a microphone (he's bias towards nsw fwiw). The amount of flowering crap the guy dribbles is ridiculous. Should be watching with the crowd in the bay of blue afros.

I'll take a guess and say you're talking about Phil Gould?

The guy thinks he is an absolute genius - the way he talks you can tell he rates himself so highly and thinks he is on his own level

Massive flog

RaisyDaisy

When AFL commentators say "that's inexperience there" when a young player makes an error, but it's an error seasoned vets and alike make every game that goes without comment

Does my head in

SilverLion

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on June 25, 2018, 12:11:28 AM

The guy thinks he is an absolute genius - the way he talks you can tell he rates himself so highly and thinks he is on his own level

Massive flog
Yep that's him, cheers mate.

I might have to watch state of origin on mute in future.

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: SilverLion on June 25, 2018, 12:32:36 AM

Massive flog

does my head in too. even the noises he makes when it looks like NSW are gonna score (I don't know if they're involuntary or not?)

he's just happy NSW are actually winning finally

Ringo

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on June 25, 2018, 01:23:41 AM

Massive flog

does my head in too. even the noises he makes when it looks like NSW are gonna score (I don't know if they're involuntary or not?)

I always watch State of Origin with sound muted and radio commentary due to Gould's Bias.  Social media up here really going off over how many times he called on the video ref to ward the Penalty try. Lucky I did not hear it all  :D

shaker

Quote from: Ringo on June 25, 2018, 10:54:30 AM
Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on June 25, 2018, 01:23:41 AM

Massive flog

I always watch State of Origin with sound muted and radio commentary due to Gould's Bias.  Social media up here really going off over how many times he called on the video ref to ward the Penalty try. Lucky I did not hear it all  :D

It's always been that way in SOO heavily biased commentary to NSW , in the first game at MCG a try to NSW in the second half was easily a FWD pass by at least 2 metres clear as day it's a wonder the refs allowed it but not a peep out of the commentary box if it was QLD they would be still bleating about it , also the same when the Storm play a NSW team  ;)

SilverLion

Also, I'm over the media's love affair with Rance.

"The General, All-Australian Captain."
"The best defender in the comp."
"The best defender of our generation."
Etc.

Every time he does anything that you'd expect a key defender to do, it's like it's a super-human act.

So overrated it isn't even funny. He's good, but far from a standout. Tarrant, Talia, Andrews, McGovern, Grundy, Jonas, Hurley etc. are all just as good.

I dunno, maybe he does stuff that none of these guys do, but I don't see it.

Big Mac

Quote from: SilverLion on June 27, 2018, 11:06:03 PM
Also, I'm over the media's love affair with Rance.

"The General, All-Australian Captain."
"The best defender in the comp."
"The best defender of our generation."
Etc.

Every time he does anything that you'd expect a key defender to do, it's like it's a super-human act.

So overrated it isn't even funny. He's good, but far from a standout. Tarrant, Talia, Andrews, McGovern, Grundy, Jonas, Hurley etc. are all just as good.

I dunno, maybe he does stuff that none of these guys do, but I don't see it.

Yeah I don’t understand it either

He’s obviously a great defender but still has weaknesses which commentators refuse to acknowledge. I remember Melksham kicked 4 on him when we played but everything was about how great Rance was all game.

Nige

I mean, even I agree to an extent but I can’t say I don’t love it. Although, it’s all offset by how much of an Adonis he is anyway.