Main Menu

Copy and Pasting issues

Started by Toga, June 03, 2013, 12:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m0nty

Can I get an update on this please? I fiddled with a few things and may have fixed it.

Vinny

A LATE trade that saw Bernie Vince join Melbourne in exchange for the Demons' free agency compensation pick capped off a busy day of trades to end the free agency period.

On a Friday that brought back memories of the old-fashioned trade week, four players changed clubs:

- Vince moved to the Demons for pick No.23 (compensation for losing free agent Colin Sylvia to Fremantle)
- St Kilda's Nick Dal Santo joined North Melbourne under free agency
- The Sydney Swans' Shane Mumford joined Greater Western Sydney in exchange for pick No.35
- Melbourne landed exciting Giants youngster Dom Tyson and picks No.9 and No.53 in exchange for pick No.2 and No.20.

The tortuous negotiations between St Kilda, North Melbourne and Dal Santo's manager Tom Petroro went close to the deadline with the deal only guaranteed last night when Saints list manager Ameet Bains rang his North Melbourne counterpart Cameron Joyce.

Finally, and just before the 2pm deadline to end the free agency period, Dal Santo became a Kangaroo, bringing an end to his 12-year, 260-game career with the Saints.

Latest indicative draft order: what picks does your club have?

St Kilda is expected to take a breath before beginning negotiations to secure Luke Delaney from North Melbourne

EDIT: IT WORKS I THINK MATE :)

Mr.Craig

Mr.Craig

Looks like the problem persists. The above is meant to read....

"I think he's a better user of the footy, he appears to have more time and space and he makes better decisions than Bryce did at the same age." - Mark Ross, former Adelaide recruiting manager.

Obviously the quote marks are still an issue.

BB67th

Still not working correctly for me either.

Had some troubles with apostrophes, hyphens, speech marks and dashes.

Ringo

Still having the same problem as BB Monty problem existed as soon as 10 minutes ago with hyphens and dashes in a cut and post I just did.

kilbluff1985

mOnty is this being addressed ? seems to be an issue with ' in articles

m0nty

I'm due to update the SMF software soon, hopefully that will fix things.

LF

Hey m0nty
Any update on this  at all?
Its still a big issue on the forum atm

m0nty

I updated the software, and it's still going? Hmm. I'll look into it.

Ricochet

Not sure exactly what is going on but have found that if apostrophes, speech marks, etc are on an angle they will not work.

If I change the speech marks from this  to this then it works  ???

Ringo

Hey m0nty - this problem is still here and mainly relates to apostrophes in names.  With copying and pasting of SC scores it is frustrating especially with some teams having 4 players with the apostrophe in their name especially the O'

Ricochet

It must have something to do with the change in font?

GoLions

Quote from: Ricochet on February 04, 2014, 05:26:31 PM
Not sure exactly what is going on but have found that if apostrophes, speech marks, etc are on an angle they will not work.

If I change the speech marks from this  to this then it works  ???

Quote from: Ricochet on February 22, 2014, 03:54:25 PM
It must have something to do with the change in font?

That's what I think. When copying bodies of text from other websites, articles, etc myself, I have noticed that usually the ones that don't work are due to the font being one that has the apostrophes on an angle.

m0nty

I have looked into this, and it appears to be fixable by changing the language in the database from ISO to UTF. However, I will have to wait a few days for when I regain cable internet to back up the database and perform the risky manoeuvre of switching over.