Main Menu

Copy and Pasting issues

Started by Toga, June 03, 2013, 12:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

So I've found lately that I (and others) are having trouble copy and pasting things into comments...

Whether it be articles from AFL.com or write-ups for XVs competitions etc. it seems like the item that has been copy and pasted will cut out after a symbol (so writing will be copy and pasted until a symbol, like an apsotrophe, occurs). It can be a bit frustrating because it might mean that we lose what we're trying to put into a comment. :(

I've only really noticed this problem since the new servers were used, not sure what can be done (if anything) to fix this?

Thanks. :)

Mr.Craig

ossie85

*does some testing*

Test (text)

Whether it be articles from AFL.com or write-ups for XVs competitions etc. it seems like the item that has been copy and pasted will cut out after a symbol (so writing will be copy and pasted until a symbol, like an apsotrophe, occurs). It can be a bit frustrating because it might mean that we lose what we're trying

Test (excel)

Test (webpage)

Don McLardy arrives at AAMI Park ahead of Neeld's 2pm board meeting

works fine for me :/ seems a weird thing!

Toga

It looks like it's cut out Oz! ???

Jroo

This flowering annoying! Thanks for making a thread Toga, hopefully m0nty sees this soon and fixes it up.

Capper

Im only haing problems when im using IE to copy and paste

Mr.Craig

Quote from: tabs on June 03, 2013, 02:34:47 PM
Im only haing problems when im using IE to copy and paste

I'm using Chrome but it's still an issue.

It's strange because if you preview the text it all comes up but then you go to post and most of it vanishes. :(

CrowsFan

Have noticed this issue. Another issue is some special symbol letters don't work. For example in the WXV my team is the Sao Paulo Pumas. Sao is meant to have a special a, but when I type it in it doesn't post correctly, as I will demonstrate here...

CrowsFan

Hmm doesn't even show up, and any text I write in after doesn't show up either...  ???

Justin Bieber

Yeah when I copy my X team from a word doc... It never copys and pastes. There is a trick to it.

Preview then copy and paste from the preview which will for some reason work...

kilbluff1985

i just tried to copy an article from facebook and put in the Neelde sacked thread  and it lonly pasted the first line glad Ringo knew what i tried to do lol

Mr.Craig

Quote from: whatlez on June 03, 2013, 05:18:37 PM
Yeah when I copy my X team from a word doc... It never copys and pastes. There is a trick to it.

Preview then copy and paste from the preview which will for some reason work...

Just tried that but it didn't work for me. :(

Toga

I'm using Safari & Chrome ftr, both have problems.

Quote from: CrowsFan on June 03, 2013, 03:48:18 PM
Have noticed this issue. Another issue is some special symbol letters don't work. For example in the WXV my team is the Sao Paulo Pumas. Sao is meant to have a special a, but when I type it in it doesn't post correctly, as I will demonstrate here...
Quote from: CrowsFan on June 03, 2013, 03:49:24 PM
Hmm doesn't even show up, and any text I write in after doesn't show up either...  ???

Yeah I think this is a problem for some reason... A 'special' letter or symbol, sometimes even a dash, causes the writing to cut out completely ???

But yeah, just a bit annoying :( Hopefully we can fix it..

Nige

I had the problem in a PM, annoyed me greatly. I'm using Firefox for what it's worth...

Ringo

Quote from: NigeyS on June 03, 2013, 10:22:13 PM
I had the problem in a PM, annoyed me greatly. I'm using Firefox for what it's worth...
Same for me and I am using fire fox as well.